3 Nights in London or Back to back cruise?

I am considering taking a 13 night transatlantic from Ft. Lauderdale to Harwich on the Constellation next April. I want to stay three additional nights in London. With the high price of the pound hotels are pretty expensive. Plus private transfers are expensive.

Celebrity has a 3 night package for the two of us including all transfers at the City Inn for about $1,275. Food and entertainment is extra. But for about $2,700 for two we can just stay on the ship and take a “back to back” cruise and get a full 9 day Scotland/Ireland cruise. Anyone looked at this or similar cruises ?

London's a bit expensive, but worth it. With a little research you can find hotels at reasonable rates. The Tube system makes it very easy to get around and see the sights. You don't necessarily have to find a hotel in a central location, just one situated near an Underground station that has lines that will get you to the places you'd like to see.

We stayed 2 nights in London in a very clean and nice economy hotel about 4 blocks from Victoria Station, including breakfast, free internet, and a squeaky clean room and bathroom.

We took National Express from Heathrow to Victoria, then from Victoria to Southampton for our cruise on the Millie leaving 4/21/07.

The 2 nights hotel and transportion was a total of $338 US, including VAT (that's not a typo, it was $338). We paid an additional $26 for our 1 day Tube cards, but the first trip we made in 2005 we paid double that for the Hop On/Off Bus (great way to see London).

We were comfortable on the buses, and loved our hotel in Victoria.

Absolutely!! It's the Luna and Simone on Belgrave Road. They have their own web site, but go check out the reviews on tripadvisor.com.

It's hard to believe this hotel was only $160 a night US, including breakfast, VAT, internet (tiny cubicle, but it's free!!), and super well maintained and clean. If you search on some of my other recent posts, I've described the hotel in more detail.

They also have reasonable airport transfers available if you don't want to take the National Express or the Tube.

Archived