Favorite polish color for your cruise?

I don't know about all you ladies out there, but one of my favorite splurges is to get a pedicure and manicure. When it comes to my nails, I'm pretty classic, I like the simplicity and elegance of a good French manicure, but on my toes, it's red all the way (OPI Deer Valley Spice or Chanel Ruby Slippers). Except for when I am going on vacation, be it a cruise or otherwise. Then I find myself attracted to corals, tropical pinks, and bright fuchsias. So, my question, what's your favorite cruise nail polish color?

I don't really care for red so much, but I'm a sucker for any shade of pink on my tootsies! :) I prefer the darker shades because I am so pale otherwise. I usually don't paint my fingernails or do anything but a strong coat because just never lasts long. Between doing dishes, laundry, washing my hands non stop at work, and bathing myself and two of my three kids on a regular basis, my manicures do not last very long!

I love wearing bright white pearl polish on my toes because it's neutral. My husband loves it when I wear red polish on my toenails, but on an occasion like a cruise , I like to wear a polish in a color that won't show chips and that will go with everything I'll be wearing....from shorts and flip flops to a formal gown and high heels. :) I also love silver polish and my favorite brand is OPI.

My fingernails are always sheer pink or white. I've already gone through two bottles of OPI's "Happy Anniversary"....a sheer, very sparkly polish with a hint of white. It even looks great when I just throw on a coat of it right before walking out the door when I don't have time for a real manicure.

And I always do my own pedicures and manicures. I find it very relaxing. :)

I am a big fan of red on my toe nails. Recently I got Essie Ooh La La and it is a great shade. I don't plan on getting a manicure for the cruise because it will be chipped the same day I get it. I'll probably just put a coat of clear on and call it a day. :)

For my next cruise, I'm getting a french manicure and pedicure. I'll have her paint some pretty flowers on my big toes and maybe ring fingers. I love french manicures and pedicures, you have to look real close to see any chips.

Happy cruising no matter what color nail polish you love! :D

I have gel on my nails, I keep them pretty short and they are natural. I'm in bleach, disinfectant and wash my hands dozens of times every day and the gel stays on indefinitely, where polish would wear off in a couple days.

My toes, kind of a rosey pink, I don't remember the color name, but it is an OPI color.

karen sharpe, I love Chanel polishes. Once in a while I'll get a bottle and take it with me for pedicures. Their polish does last longer than OPI, although I usually don't have any chips with OPI for at least 3 weeks.

I love OPI polishes, the girl that does my pedicures and manicures uses them and I've been very happy with them. I ususally buy a couple different colors and take them with me when I get them done so that I can do touchups on my own. My current favorite color for pedicures is "Ladies&Magenta-Men", it's a bright reddish, pink, coral color that looks good with anything. I get my fingernails done with a natural pink and white acrylic that looks great when buffed to a natural shine. I wear them natural for everyday, but they hold polish very nicely for days even though I wash my hands many times a day at work( I work in a hospital lab) In fact I've got an appointment this afternoon for a pedicure, I love them, they make me feel so pampered! I'm already planning on a pamper me day with fresh acrylics and pedicure the day before we leave for our cruise.:)

I love coral - don't have a favorite, but I can always find the right shade at the nail salon.

Has anyone had a pedi or mani done on board? I was thinking about it, but didn't know if it was worth the $$.

I've been having professional pedicures for years now. I use the same color on my toes Opi Cha-Ching cherry. It's shiney red. I rarely have a manicure as I' keep my fingernails short for massage therapy. My dd loves to give herself french manicures and pedicures.

OPI's Deer Valley Spice for me too! But, mine exploded during the flight last month! Luckily, I had it in a plastic bag inside on of my suitcases, so it didn't get all over everything. Whew!

Prphan2, good grief, that has happened to me too! I didn't have mine in a plastic bag, but I did have it in my make-up case, so my lipstick, eyeshadow and such just wound up having more colorful containers, but I was upset about the broken polish bottle as Deer Valley Spice can be sort of hard to find sometimes, and you never know when you're going to need a quick touch-up!

Chanel Red on toes in winter; in summer either Kyoto Pearl by OPI or Clarin's #218 ( a bronze that looks great with my tan).

Fingernails are natural, short and I use a sheer color with lots of top coat. Ballerina Slipper and Intimate (Essie) are favorites.

For toes in summer, I often wear OPI's Cheyenne Pepper. It's an orangey, bronzy color that's not too light. Most of the time I wear very dark shades on toes. The darker color seems to hide a lot of foot flaws...the eye is drawn right to the dark colors and not to the entire foot. Great if you don't have the most spectacular looking feet.

For my toes, I have 2 favorites, both OPI. Since I like to wear reds, corals, and pinks, I tried to find a color that will pick up the shade I am wearing. Oedipus Redipus is great-- a red shade that has both pink and orangy sparkles--hard to describe, kind of like that merthiolate look that goes both orange and pink! When I want to go paler, I wear Cozumelted In The Sun--a pale mauvy pink with goldish sparkles, so it also goes with pinks and peaches. I have my own bottles of both so I can do touch ups in case of chips.

I have pedicures all during the summer, out here in CA flip-flops with just about any outfit are the standard. They are always some version of a very bright pink. I don't usually pick the same color each time, just grab something super bright. I rarely paint my fingernails, I think I am really hard on my hands because as soon as I walk out of the salon I chip my fingers, not to mention the feel of the polish on my fingers kinda bugs me:eek: Not sue why though. I always have a row of diamonds put on my big toe or a painted flower like hibiscus or something.

I am a mani pedi girl too...but like previous posters I am a french manicure for both. Once in awhile i will do color...any OPI will do :)) My hands get a work out as a nurse...so anytime I can primp and polish and rest the hands I do:)) Can't wait to do all the polish, waxing and primping before my cruise:))

Archived