? on Ships temps

We will be going on the FOS in July and want to know how cool does it really get in the dining room, show areas and "bars". My niece and myself are typically cold in restaurants and movie theaters. It's been a while since my last cruise, but how cool is it? Will we need a sweater for the dining areas?

And if we were to hang out in the Bull and Bear (right name?) is it cool in there? Would we be more comfortable in long pants or would crop pants be ok? We are trying to figure out which type of clothing to bring, what can be used for double duty etc.:confused:

I'm someone who usually runs cold, and I've been very comfortable in most areas of the ships, including FOS. That said, DO bring a sweater, the coolest place to me is the larger show lounge, and decks can be cool and windy at night. The promenade bars, dining rooms and smaller lounges were always a comfortable temperature for me. But, I ALWAYS throw a sweater over my shoulders if I'm wearing something sleeveless or a dress, just in case.

Cropped pants will be FINE in pretty much every area of the ship.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

I also feel chilly in restaurant and theaters at home so I always pack a sweater for cruises. I've also found some pretty shrugs in neutral colors that layer well over sleeveless blouses and sundresses.

I think it depends on the temps outside, on a particular ship, and whoever is in control of the thermostat! Some days, we were perfectly fine--other days, it was a bit chilly. Just pack something light in case you need it. You probably won't!

Thanks for all your input! I knew on deck in the evenings can get breezy. My adult niece who is going loves capris but wanted to know if they would be too cold in the evenings for hanging out, or if the jeans would work better. Don't want to pack the heavy stuff if you don't have to, but also don't want to freeze while you are trying to enjoy the shows and meals.

Capri's should be fine. I am normally chilly in a restraunt but the last few times onboard I was fine. I am another one though that doesn't go out without a sweater, just in case......;)

Archived