When do kids go back to school in your area?

Augcruise

We are going on Sensation 8/21 and have been reading all these things about kids going wild (we are taking our 7 and 9 yr old). We don't go to school until the 30th but most public schools around us start the 18th or 21st. Just thought I'd see when most start.

Most of the districts in the Kansas City Kansas area are starting the 16th of August this year. I work for one of the districts at the computer help desk and we are swamped. But yet I still find time to read these boards...Hmmmm, maybe we aren't that swamped yet. :p

I'm a teacher. We're in the middle of our second week here (in Middle Tennessee). So-call 'year-round' school, though it's not really close to that. We get a 2-week break in October (and we're cruising the Holiday from NO), Christmas break, a 2-week spring break and a shortened summer. I'm kinda hoping not to many other places have gone to it yet -- there'll be fewer kids aboard in October.

The kids in Orleans parish and surrounding areas will all be at school by the 23rd. My kids start one on the 18th and one on the 23rd. Orleans is the last in the parish to go. some parishes started on the 9th YUCK.

In our county, the schools started August 2nd which is early, BUT we get a week out in October!! Great time to cruise! Many other counties started August 9th.

Oldest son goes to college this week-end.... sniffle.... First one out of nest.

In the NO area, school openings are spread over a couple of weeks. I live North of NO and 1 daughter started today, 8/11, and the other starts on 8/16. This gives them their exams before Christmas. That way if you want to cruise during the holidays, you can without worrying about studying! Yea!

Archived