Getting married on the Radiance

My niece is planning to get married in February (the 14th). Friends and family are traveling on the Radiance for this event, yeah! She will be getting married in Montega Bay, anyone ever done this???

I would also appreciate comments and especially pictures of the ship. For many of the wedding party and guests, this will be their first cruise. I want to send as much information as possible to help everyone prepare and get excited!

Some of our party have traveled the Western route before, but never to Montega Bay, so all help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance, you guys are great!

Call or go online and order each family an RCI vacation planner cruise brochure. It has the deck plans and all the info on cruising they will need to know! The pictures of the cabins are very representative of what the cabins look like on the ship! It has all the tipping info, dress code info, etc..... Also, a guide book on the Caribbean ports will be most helpful. The more you know before you go, the better time you will have! Guide books (Fodor's and Frommer's both do great books!) can be gotten at bookstores, or for FREE in Librarys!!!!!!

our friends are getting married on Mariner next February.

they are letting RC do all the arrangements. we downloaded the wedding brochure from the website and when she called RC they mentioned that if you are working through them for the wedding, that you should book the wedding part as early as possible because they do a limited number of weddings per cruise.

they offer a wide range from getting married on the ship to getting married in port. reasonably priced.

We are planning to let RC handle all the wedding arrangements and are also booking with their vacation planners.

Thanks Mr. Breeze for the pictures! Anyone else with ideas/suggestions? We haven't traveled with RC since 2001, so we are so excited!

We are planning to let RC handle all the wedding arrangements and are also booking with their vacation planners.

A word of caution on using Royal Romance (aka The Wedding Experience) which is the 3rd party company that RCI uses. From personal experience I can tell you that their customer service is horrible, they claim in their brochure that personalize and make your wedding day special - this is FAR from the truth... to them you are just anothe rnumber, not to mention that there are hidden costs around every corner... their brochures prices are never correct, not to mention that they are waaayyy over priced!!! Their communication (or lack there of) is absolutely the worst I have ever experienced!!! :mad:

My FI and I are getting married in 10 days in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. We'll be cruising on The Mariner of the Seas. After our aweful experience with RR/TWE we canceled and booked with a local wedding planner. We are getting everything we wanted plus more for 1/2 of the price... not to mention that the customer serice & communication has been fantastic!! We cannot be happier that we canceled with RR/TWE and went with Tropical Wedding Jamaica - www.tropicalweddingsjamaica.com. Almarie is fantastic.:D :D :D

Unless your niece has her heart set on getting married on the ship (if you do this you have to use RR/TWE), I HIGHLY suggest that you investigate private island coordinators.

Good luck & congrats!

angie

ps. If you would like some additional information about our personal experiences with RR/TWE and with TWJ please feel free to email me a_denzer@yahoo.com. I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible...

I concur completely with the prior RR comments.

Jim and I will be married on the Radiance in Alaska and the only reason we had our requests honored is because I have a very good personal friend inside Royal Caribbean who made it happen. Our requests, sugar-free wedding cake and one special flower arrangement.

Please, please checkout other options before you make your final decision.

Royal Romance is a company independent of RCI. We are so used to superb service from RCI and their ships that it is an absolute shock to receive such horrible service from RR.

Good Luck and best wishes.

Cathy and Jim

Archived