Valor or Legend

JennHales

I have narrowed down our next cruise to either Carnivals Valor or Legend.

Basically the difference from this stand point is one departs from Miami and the other Tampa and the Valor Visits Rotan and the Legend visits Cozumel.

I would rather go out of Miami. It would be easier for me to get airline flights. But the Legend goes to Cozumel and it looks more fun then Rotan.

Any Advice? It's just my Husband and I and we are celebrating our 10 year.

Thanks

Jen

I prefer the layout of the Conquest class ship, so I would probably take the Valor based on that reason alone. HOWEVER, I think it's a lot easier to cruise out of Tampa -- Miami was a madhouse last time we were there and we "get" to cruise out of Miami again next weekend. :eek: But I do love Cozumel. I'm not much help, am I? ;)

I absolutely loved Roatan, one of my all time favorite ports. Its small and not so many ships. We got a private cab driver who took us shopping and around and over to West End for $20 per person. We talked him down but then I gave him the full money, had a ball. The ride to West End is gorgeous, the women carry their laundry baskets on their heads and West End reminds me of the town on the north shore in Hawaii, small quaint town but so pretty. Its not pretty where you dock, but sure is at West End which is also one of the best diving sports in the world Iv heard.

I loaded up in hand crafts and coffee, i dont dive, but saw lots of dive places and sure thought Id love to come back for a week.

Almost every ship goes to Cozumel, its old hat and most of the touristy stuff like ruins isnt even close and expensive to get to.

Have sailed both Legend and Valor within the past 6 months. As far as differences in ships i.e. dining, activities, etc., we enjoyed both (in fact sailed Valor in 11/06, liked it so well we sailed her again in 4/07.) Our Legend cruise was sandwiched in between our two Valor cruises.

As far as Roatan goes, I'm with Firefly. DH & I consider it our favorite port since it is not yet spoiled by Diamonds International, Del Sol and all that jazz. However those days are soon coming to an end as RCI is building a new pier area there that will have all the glitzy stores.

Cozumel is great and we love that port as well. However, Roatan is going to go through some drastic changes soon and if you want to experience Roatan as it has almost alwasy been, take the Valor western itinerary.

Dianne

Basically the difference from this stand point is one departs from Miami and the other Tampa and the Valor Visits Rotan and the Legend visits Cozumel.

I would rather go out of Miami. It would be easier for me to get airline flights. But the Legend goes to Cozumel and it looks more fun then Rotan.

Thanks

Jen

Hi Jen, I would go with the Valor because of Roatan.

Fred

Thanks

Jen

We went on the Valor last May and had a blast. We absolutely LOVED Rotan. We did the dolphin encounter there at Anthony Key Resort and on the way back we stopped at the beach for a barbeque and drinks. The island was beautiful and I took a lot of pictures. Instead of Cozumel, the Valor stopped at Costa Maya and that too, was one of our favorite stops. We were celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary and we went with other couples. A good time was had by all!!!We plan on going on the Liberty next July of '08 and we can hardly wait. Hope this helps. Miami is not a big deal to get in and out of so don't worry about that!!:D

Archived