Port Canaveral suite perks - boarding?

The last time we were in PC, there was a separate line for Suite passengers, and JS was considered a suite (for that check-in line anyway.) So you might save 15 minutes in the check-in process. Arrive early (11:30 or so)and you'll be fine. You will probably not get into your cabin until 1:00 p.m., so grab lunch at the Windjammer and have an adult beverage by the pool.

LL

The last time we were in PC, there was a separate line for Suite passengers, and JS was considered a suite (for that check-in line anyway.) So you might save 15 minutes in the check-in process. Arrive early (11:30 or so)and you'll be fine. You will probably not get into your cabin until 1:00 p.m., so grab lunch at the Windjammer and have an adult beverage by the pool.

LL

Did the JS tags have the word "Suite" imprinted on them. It's so confusing what RCCL allows and doesn't allow. But JS is not a "true" suite.

Did the JS tags have the word "Suite" imprinted on them. It's so confusing what RCCL allows and doesn't allow. But JS is not a "true" suite.

Michelle,

No, the luggage tag didn't have Suite on it, but then I wasn't carrying luggage with tags on it, was I? I left my tagged luggage with that trustworthy porter on the pier...

I presented myself in the Suite line, proudly announced that I was in a JS (my first at the time), and was directed to the suite check-in line.

All is good.

LL

Thanks for all the great info. I've always had E1 and D1 cabins whenever I was on Mariner, so I wasn't aware of the check in lines for suites only. I guess I just never paid attention. Maybe it will save me a few minutes that I can enjoy next to the pool while sipping a cool beverage and listening to the steel drums play.

Thanks again,

Jason

Michelle,

No, the luggage tag didn't have Suite on it, but then I wasn't carrying luggage with tags on it, was I? I left my tagged luggage with that trustworthy porter on the pier...

I presented myself in the Suite line, proudly announced that I was in a JS (my first at the time), and was directed to the suite check-in line.

All is good.

LL

I know you didn't have your luggage tags...I was just asking a question. Suite guest luggage tags say "SUITE" on them. The JS tags do not say Suite on them. Therefore...you get the point.

I would probably do the same, no doubt. If they directed you there, then that's where I would have gone too.

Most ports do allow Jr. suites to board with suite guests. I know Galveston and Ft. Lauderdale are the same.........but it may be up to the port........but I think most of them allow it.

Have had priority boarding at Pt. Canaveral. JS cabins do receive priority boarding at this port.

AHA! Thanks Cruisingnator! So note to self: if I sail JS then I should do it out of PC. Great! :D

Now I just have to convince myself that I don't NEED a GS and we'll be ok. ;)

It doesn't matter if your luggage tags say "Suite" on them, or not! Your luggage will be with the porter, so no one sees it anyway! If you have a JS, and there is a priority "suite" line, get in it! You're entitled!

Most ports do allow Jr. suites to board with suite guests. I know Galveston and Ft. Lauderdale are the same.........but it may be up to the port........but I think most of them allow it.

JS suite guests check in at the suite line at Miami, Seattle, Vancouver, Boston and Los Angeles as well.

LL

We've boarded a number times at Port Canaveral in JS and/or Diamond. While there is a dedicated check-in line, after checking in you queue up with everyone else waiting to board.

It saves some time, but not much unless the regular check-in line is backed up.

Lou

We've boarded a number times at Port Canaveral in JS and/or Diamond. While there is a dedicated check-in line, after checking in you queue up with everyone else waiting to board.

It saves some time, but not much unless the regular check-in line is backed up.

Lou

Agree with you on Port Canaveral. At Port Everglades Platinum and above and all suite holders including JS's have a separate waiting area, priority check in and priority boarding.

Tanker 4

Archived