I Need Help Desparately Please

I am trying to decide if I don't sail on NCL, which should I do instead. Carnival or RCCL and if I do the other's which ship? I kind of fell in love with the freedom on RCCL, but dates are not good for son and school, I guess longer vacation in NOV:o ;)

HELPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am trying to decide if I don't sail on NCL, which should I do instead. Carnival or RCCL and if I do the other's which ship? I kind of fell in love with the freedom on RCCL, but dates are not good for son and school, I guess longer vacation in NOV:o ;)

HELPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a 9 day Grandeur cruise out of Baltimore during Thanksgiving.

The lover of each line is going to push that line. So it makes a difference where you want to go and when and what is important to you.

Why don't we start with what you're looking for in a cruise and go from there?

What are the features of NCL that make it your favorite? When looking to try another cruise line, look for one that offers the most of the things you like best.

For example, if it really matters to you to have Freestyle Dining, I wouldn't suggest you choose a cruise line that offers only Traditional Dining.

I am also from NY and asked everyone about cruise choices...Hands down everyone bashed NCLs food...RCCL everyone likes but prices are high and cabins smaller, HAL older people kinda stuffy, Carnival despite its fun ship rep got great marks for food and big rooms, but people still comment on it being the "walmart" of cruise ships...guess its individual but we wanted more "sun" time so we didn't go out of NY. My family really likes food LOL so NCL was knocked out right away, way too many negative comments from everyone ( I work in a major NYC hospital and my DH works for the FDNY) and the NCL thing was unanimous. RCCL was priced way too high . We are a family of ten so price was important as well as itinerary. We chose Carnival for the food, size of room, itinerary and price. My adult kids would have liked rock climbing and wave surfing but the difference was $3400 and $2400 for comparible rooms and we couldn't justify that. Guess we will see how our choice was. I am thinking its a pretty personal thing ..this cruise selection process. From what i read on CC, people are fiercely loyal to their ships with a few exceptions..Good luck in choice:))

I don't like RCI. We sailed them once and never again. So, no......not everyone loves RCI. :)

We love HAL. No.....not Everybody is stuffy. Have you sailed them? Was every guest on the ship stuffy?

Generalization don't usually work well.

I didn't say "all" what i did say was all whom spoke of HAL with exception of ONE said Hal was either stuffy or old. NO i haven't sailed them. I just reported what people have said to us who have sailed..In the same regards none of them said it was a bad cruise just more sedate...sorry if that offended you....:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am also from NY and asked everyone about cruise choices...Hands down everyone bashed NCLs food...RCCL everyone likes but prices are high and cabins smaller, HAL older people kinda stuffy, Carnival despite its fun ship rep got great marks for food and big rooms, but people still comment on it being the "walmart" of cruise ships...guess its individual but we wanted more "sun" time so we didn't go out of NY. My family really likes food LOL so NCL was knocked out right away, way too many negative comments from everyone ( I work in a major NYC hospital and my DH works for the FDNY) and the NCL thing was unanimous. RCCL was priced way too high

:) No problem. It didn't offend me. It's just that it is not accurate. ;) My response was to the above quote.

When I read it written that "everyone says"......... I felt compelled to respond that not everyone says so!! ;)

Archived