Bonus Complaint of the Week

Philip217

We have an honorary winner today in the freestyle verbal category:

A gentleman just approached me and asked me to turn on the wave-making machine in the swimming pool, so his children could play.

I pointed out that we don't have a wave-making machine.

He told me that was impossible. He had watched his children playing on the big waves in the pool only three days ago.

I tried to explain that the waves were a result of choppy seas; as the ship pitched and rolled, the water in the pool reacted to the movement. He told me that was impossible. He had personally witnessed the machine in action and wanted it turned back on immediately. I replied that if we had a wave making machine, I would happily turn it on for him. But it just doesn't exist.

He wouldn't believe me. He became very agitated, raising his voice, and threatening me. It was complicated by my Bar Staff who had heard the whole thing and were laughing so hard they could barely stand up.

The fellow informed me that he will report me to our head office and have me fired. Further hs is taking legal action against the cruise line to get a full refund for his now ruined cruise.

It doesn't get much better than this....................

Please tell me this isn't so! MyDH suggestesd calling down to the captain and telling him to turn off the stabilizers for awhile. or you could do like Cap't Jack in the new Pirates movie and have all the ship passengers run back and forth across the deck to rock the boat.

Some people and their children!

Charlie

maybe if everyone flushed the toilets on the port side of the ship it would make a wave motion.....at least you won't get fired...if that doesn't do it throw the guy over the side for a first hand expierence .....if that doesn't make his day it might makes yours......................:p :) :eek:

:D This one is your best one yet. That is too funny but I like the idea of turning off the stabilizors that might shut him up but then you would have a whole boat full of people complaining that the water was now too rough:eek: Thanks for giving us a laugh, hope you can smile too after this guy yelled at you.

Thank you. Just when I think that working with 7 year olds all day can be tiresome, along comes a gem like this. I would have begged him to call my supervisors and I would have loved to hear how he/she handled this.:p

[quote=Spikesgirl;10304599 or you could do like Cap't Jack in the new Pirates movie and have all the ship passengers run back and forth across the deck to rock the boat.

Charlie

ROFL!!!That was so funny! Oh, to the OP-I can't believe someone would actually act like that!!:D I was going to suggest to you to never stop posting these "complaints" but as long as their are people saying goofy stuff, we here that enjoy your posts about this don't have to worry!!:D

Sadly, I believe this happened. Every time I think I can't come across anyone more stupid - something like this happens. But REALLY - why can't your ship just go buy a wave machine!!!!:eek: Please do keep posting these - that way, when we're on our cruises, we can try to write down the good ones we hear and add them to your posts....:D :D

I replied that if we had a wave making machine, I would happily turn it on for him. But it just doesn't exist.

...Heavens! What has become of the concept of service on our cruise ships? Anyone worth their salt would have nipped down to the kitchen to cobble together a wave machine for the pour gent! So cold of you to ruin his cruise like that!

-----OR.........

....you could direct your bar staff to run rapid circles around the pool (might not make waves but should put a stop to the laughing).

Archived