Kids and Surcharge Resturants

Bummer...

They'd probably also frown on us letting the kid sit on a chaise in the hallway and us shuttling plates of food back and forth to him! LOL! (Please... before someone flames me, try to realize that I might just be kidding!)

My eight year old is seriously bummed that he cannot go to Chops. He's a foodie and is into fine dining. Sorry about that, but he's got to obey the rules too. It's just too long for the kids and I really don't want to be in the company of children when I go there. I know, that's mean, but I'm with mine 24/7 and a break is nice.

Last week I was on a plane (full) with grandparents and their 11 month old grandkid who was HANDED TO ME for long stretches all the way from Detroit to Las Vegas. The grandfather would not touch the child and the grandmother had to go to the restroom, a lot!! I should have told them to take a flying leap, but I was so horrified, I didn't.

You should have taken the grandfather's name and made him an evil character in your next book. Seems like you could have a good time with his quirks and all. - or have the kid grow up disturbed due to having a grandfather who wouldn't touch him.:D:D

You should have taken the grandfather's name and made him an evil character in your next book. Seems like you could have a good time with his quirks and all. - or have the kid grow up disturbed due to having a grandfather who wouldn't touch him.:D:D

That's probably better than growing up disturbed from having a grandfather that likes to touch him the wrong way!! :eek:

I am just curious if they will allow an older child (10) to go to an earlier seating? He is well used to fine dining or I would not even ask!:rolleyes:

The answer is "it depends". On Freedom of the Seas, one family we met had a 7 year old. They called Portofino and Chops...told them she was 7...they said go ahead and bring her. They had the 6pm reservations. So the 7 year old went to both. AND the parents later told me that there were kids younger than that in there at the time.

However, when we went on a Friday night at 7pm, I didn't see ANY kids.

(and I was NOT taking mine...lol)

On Mariner a couple of weeks ago, we asked if children were allowed as we didn't want to make reservations for a time when children would be there and we were told that no children under 13 were allowed. The reservations person said that people spending money to have a quiet dinner did not want/need to be disturbed by young children.

We had reservations for 7:30 three nights and never saw any children in there.

Katie

Archived