Alaskan Marine Adventures, LLC

usnavywife

We went on a Whale tour with Cancan Case and had a GREAT time. We saw several wales etc... It was personable and he and Chris were very knowledgeable. I would recommend this tour to anyone. And if you have 6 people going you can charter the whole boat for 578 for the tour.

It really was a great deal and he also had it set up to drop us off at the Mendenhall glacier and we still were able to get back to town at no extra cost :D.

Oh and the reindeer sausage and crab dip were to die for :P

We went on a Whale tour with Cancan Case and had a GREAT time. We saw several wales etc... It was personable and he and Chris were very knowledgeable. I would recommend this tour to anyone. And if you have 6 people going you can charter the whole boat for 578 for the tour.

It really was a great deal and he also had it set up to drop us off at the Mendenhall glacier and we still were able to get back to town at no extra cost :D.

Awesome! My family is going to be on the Can Can June 19th & I cant wait! Thanks for the thumbs up! :)

That is really awesome to hear, we are also going on a whale watching tour June 23rd with CanCan, I am really looking forward to finally meeting him and his crew. He has been so great to work with.

Great to hear from someone who was on the actual whale watch with Case!

Just wondering... if you were dropped off at Mendenhall after the boat tour, how did you get back to town at no extra cost? Didn't you have to take the blue shuttle for $ 6.00 pp? or did the driver wait there for you to look around a bit and then continue to take you back to town?

The driver did wait for us.

there was a mix up on the pick up before the tour but Case worked it out quickly.

The bus was waiting on us at the pier when tour was over, the driver dropped everyone off and we were there for about 30 minutes but it was raining pretty hard at that point so we didn't stick around long.

As for pics I do have some they suck though cause dumby me had taken the IS off while in Tracy Arm since the Camera was on a tripod. I will try to get a few loaded though. I missed the one whales tale that was really close to us cause my camera had to recycle:mad: But atleast dh got it on video lol.

OK like I said they pretty much suck but here they are just the same.

We saw several whales but none of them were right "at" the boat I am sure as more get into the area that they will more likely surface closer. But it was still well worth our money :D

They are all straight out of camera. I have not had time to play. Hoping I can salvage them :D

Alaska5409.jpg

Alaska5411.jpg

Alaska5413.jpg

And then here we are in front of Mendenhall :D

Alaska3088.jpg

Oh and forgive the clothes we went prepared for rain after the rain in Tracy Arm. We were wearing Ski pants so no dh doesn't have on suspenders lol. But I am glad we did we were all comfortable in them had we not we would have been miserably cold :D HTHs

Case with Us

Alaska3098.jpg

and Chris with us

Alaska3100.jpg

Hope yall enjoyed

usnavywife, how close did you get to the whales? Did you have to use zoom lens at all? It's always nice to see whales at sea level, instead of 50ft above water from the cruiseship dock. It just provides a great viewing perspective. Thanks a lot for sharing and glad to know you had a good time

Yes Dave I used a zoom of 70-300 for a bit and a 28-200.

The first whale we spotted was right beside of us but by the time we got out side it had gone under. But we did see several close to the boat. And the pics posted were about 200-250 yards away I think Case said. The ones that we spotted closer were usually doing their final dip.

You guys will probably see more if you aren't dealing with kids lol. We constantly had to talk to or do something to one of them. Be it to keep their feet down on the floor so not to fall overboard, or to stop arguing, stop looking at each other etc.... lol It is so fun to be a parent on Vacation:p

But we did truely have a great time.

And yes it was nicer to see the whales so close to the water, we saw lots from the cruise ship and then we saw one on a different tour out of the San Juan Islands (luckily we were on the upperdeck) cause it was a minke whale and it didn't come out of the water. But we still enjoyed the closeness much more.

Sue if you like crab you will LOVE the dip. Case told us where he got it and they ship nation wide :D

DH informed case that the cruise price just doubled lol we are some crab loving people lol including all 3 kids.

Archived