Cabin 6136 V a 'sweet 16'

happycruzer

We have cc 6135 reserved on the Constellation for our Caribbean cruise next year, Our friends have a 'sweet 16' booked on the same sailing and I see that there are still a few available yet.

Would we loose out on much space either on the balcony or the cabin and would we loose out on many other things if we decided to opt for a 2c instead of our CC.

Are both balconies the same size ?

Is it worth the extra $$ to stick with our CC (it would also mean we would reach the next level in our Captains Club if we stick to CC this trip)

Hope some kind/helpfull CC members can help me decide.

Also would I be better with a port or starboard cabin for this sailing ?

Sorry for so many ?. But I would love some advice.

Many thanks

Happycruzer

Hi again Happycruzer,

I found another old thread discussing the sweet sixteens and the CC cabins amidst the suites. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=274862&highlight=6143

Rich and I have only sailed on Celebrity in Aft cabins and will be sailing in September in CC 6143 which is similar to 6135.

As I understand it, the CC cabins amidst the suites are second only to the afts in the size of their balconies.

This is discussed in this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=7435504#post7435504 and this one:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=222387&highlight=6143

The CC cabins are larger than the "sweet sixteens" also: 191 square feet versus 170.

Rich and I like the thicker bath robes and the upgraded bedding of Concierge Class. The canapes are no big deal for us but the priority embarkation, tendering and dining preference are.

Here is a list of the CC benefits:

• Welcome champagne - (this is really sparkling wine, but it's there iced down in a bucket when you get to your stateroom)
  • Daily fruit selection - (apples, bananas, grapes, etc, all waiting in a bowl for you in your stateroom)
  • Fresh-cut flowers - (all I ever saw was a few orchids in one of those "test tube" vases, and a single rose in a bud vase in the bathroom, but it was still a nice touch)
  • Daily hors d'oeuvres
  • Menu of pillows - Conformance, Body, Goose, and Isotonic®
  • Duvets and pillow-top mattresses - (this to me is the whole reason for booking Concierge Class -- to get the better bedding)
  • Leather key holder, personalized stationery, a tote bag, binoculars and umbrella - (you can't take the umbrella and binoculars home with you, though, but it sure is nice to have available in your cabin)
  • Double-thick Frette bathrobes - (comfy!)
  • Hansgrohe® showerhead - (splooshy!)
  • VIP invitations to events - (I don't recall what these were, I think we got invited to some cocktail party)
  • Early embarkation and debarkation - (they'll put you in one of the first debarkation groups)
  • Dining and seating preference
  • Preference on shore excursions
  • Express luggage delivery - (we got our bags before the muster drill that takes place before sailaway)

There is also a CC class extended breakfast menu here on CC somewhere and it seems fabulous! Fresh smoothies (with soy milk if you like) and all the additional choices are truly awesome. And served every morning on your private balcony.

Hope all this helps with your choice.

Marlee

The aft CC balconies are larger but the "between the suites" CC balconies have a teak deck and are reported to be the second-largest of the CC balconies...I don't know if the balcony furniture is different.

My husband I have cabin 6136 booked for May 2008. I called Celebrity to find out the size of the cabin and balcony. The cabin was quoted as being the standard 190 square feet for CC class but the balcony is 108 square feet which is pretty large. I hope this helps. Can't wait for the cruise. I know a year from today I will be someplace on the Summit!!!

We have cc 6135 reserved on the Constellation for our Caribbean cruise next year, Our friends have a 'sweet 16' booked on the same sailing and I see that there are still a few available yet.

Would we loose out on much space either on the balcony or the cabin and would we loose out on many other things if we decided to opt for a 2c instead of our CC.

Are both balconies the same size ?

Is it worth the extra $$ to stick with our CC (it would also mean we would reach the next level in our Captains Club if we stick to CC this trip)

Hope some kind/helpfull CC members can help me decide.

Also would I be better with a port or starboard cabin for this sailing ?

Sorry for so many ?. But I would love some advice.

Many thanks

Happycruzer

I guess the leading question is how much extra will you have to pay for a CC over a 2C? I wouldn't get too hung up over the next level of Captains Club as it isn't that great a program anyway, imho.

Phil

Another great big THANK YOU RLM77, for some more great info and links.

I must say that the Aft CC that we had onboard the Summit earlier this year (cabin 8185 if anyone needs any questions answered ) has certainly spoiled us and we are lucky to have booked another Aft CC for our Alaskan trip on the Millenium next July, so I think that is why I wasn't 100% convinced that we had a 'good' cabin . We did enjoy all the little perks that CC offered but mainly it was that Aft location and balcony that did it for me, and I was convinced that the 6135 cabin couldn't have been much different from a 2C.

But I'm now going to relax and look forward to sailing in a cabin with a different but still wonderful view. (we have been lucky in our last 5 cruises to have an Aft cabin and have been spoiled)

Excitedofharpenden....the difference in cost is approx £150 pp, but on reflection I think I'd rather pay it than regret NOT paying it if you know what I mean :confused: So after all of the great advice given here I'm going to content myself and look forward to being able to give a review on 6135 :)

Thanks Again AA

Happycruzer

Just to add another little question to my 'wee list'

Will our port side 6135 cabin get much sunshine (enough to sunbathe)and will we be on the landward side (for want of a better word) at any of our ports.

We stop in St thomas, St Lucia, St Kitts, St Maarten and Barbados.

I know these are little trivialities but I'd still love to know as much as I can to help me through this long wait till next March, I spend a lot of time on my balcony, and I love to people watch from it whilst in port :)

Thanks again for all the great info/help

Happycruzer

Happycruzer, we were in 6135 on the Connie last fall for 12 glorious days in Canada/New England. As others have already noted, the concierge class cabins are larger than standard cabins. The balcony for 6135 is huge - very nice. There was room for 2 chairs, table and 2 lounge chairs. The location was quite convenient to dining, martini bar, etc. The location also was a very quiet one - tucked between suites. The location seemed to also be an asset to the extra special quality of service we received. We have 6143 (the other aft, port-side concierge cabin on the penthouse deck) booked for August '08 and cannot wait. You will LOVE 6135.

Thank you Blue Ridge, its great to hear from someone with first hand experience in 'our cabin'.

Did your cabin get much sun (for a little sunbathing) or was it in the shade most of the time. I was also wondering if the ship ever docks with the Port side having the Gangway....I spend a lot of time on my blacony and one of the things I enjoy is sitting on it whilst in port just watching the world go by .

Sorry just one last request, you wouldn't happen to have any photos either external (taken from the port etc) or of the cabin itself, that you'd be willing to share, photos of this cabin same to be very rare. I'd love it if you had some that you'd be willing to share.

Thank you again for your reasurrance on the Cabin. I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Hope you enjoy your 6143 just as much.

Happycruzer

Sorry just one last request, you wouldn't happen to have any photos either external (taken from the port etc) or of the cabin itself, that you'd be willing to share, photos of this cabin same to be very rare. I'd love it if you had some that you'd be willing to share.

Happycruzer

These are pictures of the interior and balcony. to see larger versions go to:

Our Cabin #6135 pictures from cruises photos on webshots

502360251YkBMMZ_th.jpg

502360059HsuQnk_th.jpg502360061sRDQQL_th.jpg

In looking at the pictures of 6135, would the difference in the balcony (between 6135 and 6035) be only the wood deck....and would the size be the same? I know that the interior is a little larger in 6135. Several years ago we had a sweet sixteen, and really enjoyed the spacious balcony. In the meantime we were spoiled with an aft and FV. For our B2B in Jan and Feb the only cabin we could get now was a sweet sixteen. (6035) But...I am hoping to get an aft if it becomes available for both cruises. (not a good chance of that, according to my TA). I am happy with 6035 as of now. Just curious now that I have seen the pics of 6135.

Thanks to all who share their pictures.

Grace I don't believe the balconies on the "sweet 16" cabins are as large as those for 6135. The balconies on the sweet 16's are double the standard size; I believe the balconies in 6135 are much larger than double the size of a standard balcony cabin.

We had booked 6135 for the Infinity last year and last minute (a couple days before sailing) Celebrity yanked it out from under us, saying there had been a fire and the cabin was uninhabitable. Not true. My TA called, I called, they all said the cabin was too affected by the fire. My TA suggested that when I board the ship, I go check out the cabin. Well, lo and behold, the cabin looked just fine and the cabin steward was standing there greeting the new occupants (thinking we were the new occupants). No evidence of fire whatsoever and when we inquired, he looked at us like we were crazy. Made an immediate trip down to the Purser's Desk and inquired as to why we were lied to and given a different room (not even an upgrade, just moved to another CC cabin). The Purser's Desk said that cabin wasn't even showing up on their manifest. Well, apparently, it turns out there was a celebrity on board (Kate Jackson) and she had the suite next door and also wanted the CC cabin that adjoined her suite. So we lost our cabin. I was just upset that Celebrity lied to us and didn't even offer us an upgrade, although my TA tried to get them to do that. In the end, after much arguing, they gave my husband and I a $25 pp SBC. I would have much rathered have that cabin.

I digress, but the point is, we walked into the cabin and the balcony for 6135 was enormous. Very deep.

6135, 6136 have interior door to ajoining RS (no sound problems) 6143, 6144 are perhaps 9 to 12 inches wider. Love seat in 35,36 , sofa in 43,44. Both large balcony. Great location, nice perks. Forward cabins on 6 have smalller balconies but larger that regular balcony cabins have (these are the sweet 16 (8 either side of M class forward deck 6) Front 2 have wide girders so might not be as desirable. Aft cabins on 7,8,and 9 have HUGH balconies. I always look for these first but the are popular and hard to get.

6135, 6136 have interior door to ajoining RS (no sound problems) 6143, 6144 are perhaps 9 to 12 inches wider. Love seat in 35,36 , sofa in 43,44. Both large balcony. Great location, nice perks. Forward cabins on 6 have smalller balconies but larger that regular balcony cabins have (these are the sweet 16 (8 either side of M class forward deck 6) Front 2 have wide girders so might not be as desirable. Aft cabins on 7,8,and 9 have HUGH balconies. I always look for these first but the are popular and hard to get.

Interesting posting but can't figure out what ship you mean? Trish

Archived