Shareholder Benefit Extended

The shareholder benefit has been extended for another year.

Onboard credit is as follows:

$250 per stateroom 14 nights or longer

$200 9-13 nights

$100 6-8 night

$50 5 or less

Reservations must be booked no later than May 1, 2008.

Do you know what they count for a cruisetour? Have a cruisetour to Alaska booked next year. Cruise is 7 days but 4 day landtour before it. Do they count just the cruise part? I imagine they do but wondered if maybe they do count land part also??

Becky

Do you know what they count for a cruisetour? Have a cruisetour to Alaska booked next year. Cruise is 7 days but 4 day landtour before it. Do they count just the cruise part? I imagine they do but wondered if maybe they do count land part also??

Becky

The shareholder credit is only the cruise portion.

It states that onboard credit is valid for any cruise vacation on RCI or Celebrity Cruises (excludes any sailings on Celebrity Xpedition (Galapagos) and any sailings offered under the Celebrity Expeditions program). Additional terms and conditions apply.

The question is: is a cruise and land tour a "cruise vacation"? I don't know.

It states that onboard credit is valid for any cruise vacation on RCI or Celebrity Cruises (excludes any sailings on Celebrity Xpedition (Galapagos) and any sailings offered under the Celebrity Expeditions program). Additional terms and conditions apply.

The question is: is a cruise and land tour a "cruise vacation"? I don't know.

I booked an alaska cruise tour for June 2008. When i emailed RCL proof of ownership of my RCL stock i asked if i got the shareholder onboard credit for both the land portion and the ship portion. They wrote back saying that the credit only applied to the cruise portion. I wondered at the time if i got an additional credit for the 6 day land portion and was informed i only got $100 for the cruise portion.

So are you saying the the Shareholder Credit is going to be taken away on May 1, 2008 or what is going on because i love the extra OBC to spend? Please inform me with whats going on!!!

No, but it is up for "renewal" every year. They COULD take it away but I sure hope NOT!

So are you saying the the Shareholder Credit is going to be taken away on May 1, 2008 or what is going on because i love the extra OBC to spend? Please inform me with whats going on!!!

Relax. Nothing is "going on". :) The credit is renewed annually and it is highly unlikely that they would ever eliminate it. It is a win-win situation for everyone concerned especially the cruiseline. For shareholders it is an added benefit for owning the stock, and for the cruiseline, it is a minimal cost which is more than offset by the amount that stockholders pay to book each cruise not to mention, the money they spend while onboard. Why would they even consider eliminating it?:rolleyes:

What are the shares going for now? Should I invest now or wait?

Thanks, CJ :) :)

Hard to say. In recent years it has dropped into the $30 range and has risen to approximately $50. If you believe that the stock will drop in value in the near future, maybe it is advisable to wait. Then again,if you believe that it will continue its current trend of rising in price, it may be a long time before you will find it available at a lower price. In the meantime, you could get some OBCs for future cruises. Get a prospectus, read it carefully and then decide what is best for you.:)

I purchased mine 5/9/07 @ 41.57. I've been tracking the stock since last

Sept. and got serious about it 4/17, it has been between 41.01 -42.46 till the time I purchased 4/30 it was 42.46 and 5/3 dropped to 41.30.

It's anyone's guess. I felt I'm not waiting around take your chance and

now i'll be able to get the credit on an Oct. cruise.

Archived