Bedding in a triple (Cat 8b) on the triumph

travmagic

I booked this so long ago that is difficult to remember all the specifics, especially since I booked a triple and a quad. However, I seem to remember something happened that I lost my original cabin and when we rebooked (right away) I said it didn't matter, as long as I had the same bedding. I don't know what happened though.

Regardless, it doesns't seem like the triple cabins are very practical for people with tall children. Bunk or rollaway, doesn't sound like either is big enough. I think I may be better with the bunk. It is probably more comfortable.

I agree!

Call carnival and talk to them, my husband once had to sleep on an upper we didn't want our son , then was on 6 on it, DH is 64 and then weight 220. I think she will be fine if it come to it. I wish they had a upper for my son in cat. 11 , I think he would sleet better. He is almost 6 ft. and 160

Thanks. We must have been typing at the same time. But you do make me feel better. If it was good enough for your hubby I think my daughter will be fine.

I am still angry though. All I can say is thank goodness it was for me and not a client. I would really look like an @$$!:o

Thanks. We must have been typing at the same time. But you do make me feel better. If it was good enough for your hubby I think my daughter will be fine.

I am still angry though. All I can say is thank goodness it was for me and not a client. I would really look like an @$$!:o

Try for an OBC, or a few soda cards or an upgrade :D

I loved to know if anyone was ever on the Triumph or Victory and had a triple balcony cabin with a sofa bed.

Are the bunks long enough for a very tall, but very skinny 17 y/o?

We had a balcony on the Victory. The third was a upper with a regular sofa under it. The DD is almost 6 ft(5' 101/2" acording to her but we don't beleive her.)She fit just fine on the upper Toes may have been off, but not like on a cot.

Regardless, it doesns't seem like the triple cabins are very practical for people with tall children. Bunk or rollaway, doesn't sound like either is big enough. I think I may be better with the bunk. It is probably more comfortable.

I am sorry to have upset you with the information about the cabin.

your daughter will be fine. the upper beds are the same size as a regular bed. Theyhold up to 250 pounds too.

All of my sons have slept up in those beds numerous cruises and were very comfortable.

the upper beds were more comfortable then the sofa for them.

You can try the upper bed and if it dont work request a cot.

I am sorry to have upset you with the information about the cabin.

your daughter will be fine. the upper beds are the same size as a regular bed. Theyhold up to 250 pounds too.

All of my sons have slept up in those beds numerous cruises and were very comfortable.

the upper beds were more comfortable then the sofa for them.

You can try the upper bed and if it dont work request a cot.

No problem.

I think she will be fine. Although she is very tall, she is also very skinny so she can curl up if she needs to.

FYI, I asked about a rollaway and they said it was against Maritime(SP?) law to put a cot in a room that was not specifically designed for that purpose. But from what you all say, she is better off on the bunk.

FYI, I asked about a rollaway and they said it was against Maritime(SP?) law to put a cot in a room that was not specifically designed for that purpose. But from what you all say, she is better off on the bunk.

sheesh- i wish carnival would train their people better.

Next time tell the agent that that rule only applies on the spirit and conquest class ships. ALL ships before that time CAN and DO accomadate rollaways.

On those class of ships 5 people canbook into a cabin.

sheesh- i wish carnival would train their people better.

Next time tell the agent that that rule only applies on the spirit and conquest class ships. ALL ships before that time CAN and DO accomadate rollaways.

On those class of ships 5 people canbook into a cabin.

I must say, that it is not just Carnival. I think everyone has figured out by now that has read this thread that I am a TA.

Sort of a long story!

Well, we have cruise reps from most of the cruise lines that come and see us a few times a year. A few that we have VERY good relationships with that can fix just about anything. Unfortunately, we never see our Carnival rep.

Anyway, one of them came in one day (I won't say which one) and we were telling her that we always get misinformation when we ask a question of the res agents on the phone. To this day we still talk about the response we got from her. It was "those people that answer the phones only make minimum wage, why would you expect them to know anything?!":eek: :eek: :eek:

Is that not the most ridiculous thing you have ever heard? Of course we expect them to know the answers to our questions. Who else are we supposed to ask!?:mad:

My experience is a perfect example of the lack of training that they get.

Is that not the most ridiculous thing you have ever heard? Of course we expect them to know the answers to our questions. Who else are we supposed to ask!? .

ask the people on cruise critic-- i get a kick out of people sometimes...they come on here and ask a question--many people will post their answer - which mostly is the same reply-- then the person will call carnival and get conflicting information-- guess who they believe--lol

so people are just as bad at times

I just wanted to update all of you helpful folks on what complaining gets for you.:mad:

I got a call yesterday stating that since I was unhappy with the bedding in my cabin, they were going to give me a bottle of champagne and a soda card:rolleyes: . Yippee! I would rather have had the drink coupons instead of the champagne. Oh well, I guess it is better than nothing.

Archived