Bedding in a triple (Cat 8b) on the triumph

travmagic

We are in an 8a triple on the Triumph. My 17 y/o daughter is 5'9" and I am a little concerned about the bedding for the third person. Our cabin has a third lower bed which I guess is the couch during the day.

Someone ease my mind, please, by telling me that it is pretty big? What do they do with it during the night? Just make it up by putting bedding on it? I have seen some pics and they scared me a little!

The same twin bed/couch is pushed together to make your twin/king bed so the length and width should not be a problem for your daughter.

It can be left as a bed during the day or made up each day and then turned into the bed each night.

The same twin bed/couch is pushed together to make your twin/king bed so the length and width should not be a problem for your daughter.

It can be left as a bed during the day or made up each day and then turned into the bed each night.

You have a nice picture of sofa bed on the Glory.

Thank You, I know it will work!!!

We are in an 8a triple on the Triumph. My 17 y/o daughter is 5'9" and I am a little concerned about the bedding for the third person. Our cabin has a third lower bed which I guess is the couch during the day.

Someone ease my mind, please, by telling me that it is pretty big? What do they do with it during the night? Just make it up by putting bedding on it? I have seen some pics and they scared me a little!

how do you know the cabin has a "lower" bed. I have not seen this advertised. Most cabins have two lower beds that can be pushed together... some cabins have upper beds or a convertible sofa for the 3rd person--BUT the triumph allows roll aways.

Not all sofas convert and not all cabins have sofas. You need to look at the deck plan and want to see somesort of symbol inside the cabin # which will denote how many people is sleeps.. If there is no symbol inside your cabin you got a rollaway.

a single dot means there is an upper bed.

My son stands over 6 foot..and was not comfortable on the "cot" we got rid of the cot- kept the mattress and made up the floor.

how do you know the cabin has a "lower" bed. I have not seen this advertised. Most cabins have two lower beds that can be pushed together... some cabins have upper beds or a convertible sofa for the 3rd person--BUT the triumph allows roll aways.

Not all sofas convert and not all cabins have sofas. You need to look at the deck plan and want to see somesort of symbol inside the cabin # which will denote how many people is sleeps.. If there is no symbol inside your cabin you got a rollaway.

You just answered your own question. They know they have a third lower bed as the symbol let them know they have a convertible sofa:rolleyes:

a single dot means there is an upper bed.

My son stands over 6 foot..and was not comfortable on the "cot" we got rid of the cot- kept the mattress and made up the floor.

We are in cabin 7349/b balcony on the Empress deck.

I know it has another lower bed (sofabed) because I asked specifically for that type of cabin when I booked.

I just looked on the deck plans and Cabin 7349 has an upper, not a sofa bed. None of the balcony cabins for 3 have a sofa bed on the Triumph, all are uppers or rollaways.

I am having an issue with my DD. She will be 5 yrs. old when we sail and I don't want her in an upper. We were able to book a quad. cabin with a sofa bed and an upper. They fit the sofa bed in these cabins because the bed is a Queen, not a King.

I just hope we don't get bumped because they want the cabin for 4.

I just looked on the deck plans and Cabin 7349 has an upper, not a sofa bed. None of the balcony cabins for 3 have a sofa bed on the Triumph, all are uppers or rollaways.

I am having an issue with my DD. She will be 5 yrs. old when we sail and I don't want her in an upper. We were able to book a quad. cabin with a sofa bed and an upper. They fit the sofa bed in these cabins because the bed is a Queen, not a King.

I just hope we don't get bumped because they want the cabin for 4.

I am on with Carnival right now, having a fit! We booked this back in Oct. I was supposed to have 3 lowers(even if 1 was a rollaway). My daughter is not going to fit on an upper!! And everyone blames the TA. We are only as good as the info we get!

Sometime the sofa is also a bed even when the room shows an upper bunk. My DS is 6'1, 270, no problem for him on sofa bed. Then again he was always so tired when he would go to bed he would just collapse, didn't move all night.

Had a cot on the Holiday for DS fiancee ... she is 5'9 and hung off the end of it.

When do you sail? Hopefully than can move you to a cabin with a rollaway. Good luck:)

Let us know what happens.

NO LUCK!:mad:

We sail 7/21. They say the only other triple is way in the back of the ship away from our friends.

There is a couch in the room but not the convertable sofa. She will be too big for that. I don't know what could have changed since I made this reservation but the deck plan in the brochure from last fall had no symbol on the cabin we picked. Which when sold as a triple, they bring in a rollaway. I wish i could find that old brochure but I always bring the new ones home when they come in to the office. There has actually been 2 updates since then.

They told me that the Carnival agent that booked my cruise has since retired!:rolleyes:

Sometime the sofa is also a bed even when the room shows an upper bunk. My DS is 6'1, 270, no problem for him on sofa bed. Then again he was always so tired when he would go to bed he would just collapse, didn't move all night.

Had a cot on the Holiday for DS fiancee ... she is 5'9 and hung off the end of it.

When I was looking for a bal. cabin for 3 on the Triumph, not one shows a sofa bed on the deck plans. My PVP could not find one either. I think it's a cabin size issue with the Triumph and the Victory, since the bal. quad. rooms have a sofa bed and a queen.

I loved to know if anyone was ever on the Triumph or Victory and had a triple balcony cabin with a sofa bed.

When I was looking for a bal. cabin for 3 on the Triumph, not one shows a sofa bed on the deck plans. My PVP could not find one either. I think it's a cabin size issue with the Triumph and the Victory, since the bal. quad. rooms have a sofa bed and a queen.

I loved to know if anyone was ever on the Triumph or Victory and had a triple balcony cabin with a sofa bed.

I was on the triumph my son had an upper, there was a sofa in the cabin, not sure if it made into a bed. The room next to mine had 3 people also and her son's bed was a sofa. and she also had an upper. Note sure if all cabins were this way. Cat. 8 bal.

NO LUCK!:mad:

We sail 7/21. They say the only other triple is way in the back of the ship away from our friends.

There is a couch in the room but not the convertable sofa. She will be too big for that. I don't know what could have changed since I made this reservation but the deck plan in the brochure from last fall had no symbol on the cabin we picked. Which when sold as a triple, they bring in a rollaway. I wish i could find that old brochure but I always bring the new ones home when they come in to the office. There has actually been 2 updates since then.

They told me that the Carnival agent that booked my cruise has since retired!:rolleyes:

So sorry to hear that.

Can they still give you a rollaway, even if you do have an upper in the cabin?

Another idea: I read somewhere that someone brought their own air mattress for the floor.

Hope you have a great cruise in spite of this…

The room next to mine had 3 people also and her son's bed was a sofa. and she also had an upper.

She had a cabin for 4, just like we have for next Feb. The quad.'s do have sofa beds.

I don't think any of the bal. cabins specifically designed for 3 people on the Triumph or Victory have sofa beds. At least not according to the deck plans.

The room next to mine had 3 people also and her son's bed was a sofa. and she also had an upper.

She had a cabin for 4, just like we have for next Feb. The quad.'s do have sofa beds.

I don't think any of the bal. cabins specifically designed for 3 people on the Triumph or Victory have sofa beds. At least not according to the deck plans.

You are correct. If only I had known this when I made my reservation. They would put me in a quad 8B now if they had any but they say they don't. I am not going to pay $1000.00 more to go up to an 11. Are the bunks long enough for a very tall, but very skinny 17 y/o?

I am going to fight this tomorrow when I get back into the office with the Carnival Travel Agent Sales Dept. Unfortunately, I have no way to get ahold of my sales rep.

Sorry, the first sentence was suppose to show as a Quote from sa7776:(

You are correct. If only I had known this when I made my reservation. They would put me in a quad 8B now if they had any but they say they don't. I am not going to pay $1000.00 more to go up to an 11. Are the bunks long enough for a very tall, but very skinny 17 y/o?

I am going to fight this tomorrow when I get back into the office with the Carnival Travel Agent Sales Dept. Unfortunately, I have no way to get ahold of my sales rep.

Call carnival and talk to them, my husband once had to sleep on an upper we didn't want our son , then was on 6 on it, DH is 64 and then weight 220. I think she will be fine if it come to it. I wish they had a upper for my son in cat. 11 , I think he would sleet better. He is almost 6 ft. and 160

I am looking at a 2006 book and it shows that cabin as a dot which is an upper only.

I booked this so long ago that is difficult to remember all the specifics, especially since I booked a triple and a quad. However, I seem to remember something happened that I lost my original cabin and when we rebooked (right away) I said it didn't matter, as long as I had the same bedding. I don't know what happened though.

Regardless, it doesns't seem like the triple cabins are very practical for people with tall children. Bunk or rollaway, doesn't sound like either is big enough. I think I may be better with the bunk. It is probably more comfortable.

I have never been in a cabin with an upper, so I don't know how long they are. I think they should be OK for adults.

Good luck:)

Archived