diamondsparkling

Hi Folks,

For Christmas we are sailing out of Ft L on the 26th,

so I leave first flight in the morning on the 24th

to fly Scotland to England 1 hour flight

so I leave first flight in the morning on the 25th

to fly England to USA 9.5 hours to Miami - 5 hours time zone

to get a very early bus on the 26th to FT L

OK Princess will look after me , feed me put me up in a pleasant hotel, bus me about etc, but there must be a better way to get to Ft L from Scotland on the 26th of Dec.

Princess cruise Price includes, all hotels, bus transfers, flights etc they offer breakfast but forget to tell you that because you get pick up at 4.00am the hotel does not serve until 6.00am so you do not get any.

I would fly Delta, Edinburgh, Atlanta, Ft L same day, but thats just me.

yours Shogun

Hi There Peter,

Princess are masters at getting you to the ship just on time, have flown a few times with them same day as sailing, most times we are almost if not the last to board.

Have a great cruise, need to wait until December before I get to Princess cays, but its not long before I am back again after that, as will be there in January as well.

yours Shogun

I would hope so, not that I would choose to fly to FLL on the day of the cruise from the UK! :eek:

I'm really interested in the "Luxury Charter Flight" on First Choice Airways. At least I have gathered that it is 2-3-2 seating with a 34" pitch in economy on a 767, compared to some of the cattle cars that are charters. :confused:

Maybe sailings from and return to the UK are better? At least the train is a bit more comfortable than planes and don't take as long. :D

Cheers,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Flying into FT L is same day is not to bad, take off in London 7.00am with time difference means you land around 2.00pm with ship sailing around 5.00pm. With Princess cays as first stop ship can wait a bit if required.

What I hate is the conecting flights, I always worry that they will be late.

My next cruise on the Grand we fly same day .

Have a great time.

yours Shogun

Thank you all for all your comments we have learned a lot.

We have received a notification from Princess.com that they have passed our letter to passenger services in the UK so we await a reply.

It has not put us off another cruise on Princess as we have booked a "future cruise" whilst on board. We want to go to Alaska next year but we will already be in Vancouver so hope we will be able to book a cruise only.

Regarding the fly/cruise with Princess in the Med at the present it appears the only way of avoiding a stessful return is to stay overnight or two in a hotel and then fly home.

Thank you once again to all and those going on cruises have a wonderful time.

Dave & Val

Hi Folks,

For Christmas we are sailing out of Ft L on the 26th,

so I leave first flight in the morning on the 24th

to fly Scotland to England 1 hour flight

so I leave first flight in the morning on the 25th

to fly England to USA 9.5 hours to Miami - 5 hours time zone

to get a very early bus on the 26th to FT L

OK Princess will look after me , feed me put me up in a pleasant hotel, bus me about etc, but there must be a better way to get to Ft L from Scotland on the 26th of Dec.

Princess cruise Price includes, all hotels, bus transfers, flights etc they offer breakfast but forget to tell you that because you get pick up at 4.00am the hotel does not serve until 6.00am so you do not get any.

I would fly Delta, Edinburgh, Atlanta, Ft L same day, but thats just me.

yours Shogun

I am thinking the same thing going from the US to Venice/Barcelona/etc for the Emerald. :eek:

Archived