Need to Book flights

flamomo

Does anyone have any idea when Southwest will start accepting reservations past November 2nd? It's been that way for a month now, and I thought since we are in a new month they would extend the date at least to December. I need to book flights on Nov 2nd to LAX for a cruise on 11/3, with return on Nov, 11th, but can't yet.

How does one find out when SW will extend the date past 11/2?

THX if you can help with this info!

Somewhere on SWA's website (maybe it was in their blog) it was written that the next extension of their schedule (from early November through probably mid-January or so) would take place on or around June 28th. If that holds true, you have a few more weeks to wait - :(

THX to both responders.

I'll hang in there till the date changes. I don't need the flight till November. I leave home on the 2nd and could go ahead book that, but I want to do the roundtrip booking when I do it. Based on their current prices, their have a good fare, and the flight times I want are for direct flights. Hopefully they won't rise too much when the next availability date comes out.

If the available Nov 2 flights are the ones you want, it makes sense to book them now; you don't save anything by booking roundtrip on Southwest, their RT price is the same as two one-ways (unlike most legacy carriers). You will have two booking numbers instead of one, but there would be no price reason to want a roundtrip booking.

If the available Nov 2 flights are the ones you want, it makes sense to book them now; you don't save anything by booking roundtrip on Southwest, their RT price is the same as two one-ways (unlike most legacy carriers). You will have two booking numbers instead of one, but there would be no price reason to want a roundtrip booking.

I agree...book 11/2 now.

We had the same problem last year for one of our trips - I took advantage of a sale price for the first date - the return date wasn't open yet. As soon as the return date was open, I booked it at one of the lowest prices. Prices seem to go up as seats are filled - unless they run a special.

Book what you can now before you are stuck with the most expensive seat prices!

Prices seem to go up as seats are filled - unless they run a special. Book what you can now before you are stuck with the most expensive seat prices!

DING DING DING -- we have a winner!! Great observation for all of those who get obsessive (or close to it) for getting "the lowest fare". The lowest fares sell out first and supply and demand take over. I can't repeat it often enough, if you see a fare you like, take it and don't look back.

Archived