Mercury - Tendering or Docking in Ketchikan?

kruisecat

My cruise information says that we will be tendering in Ketchikan, but I recently read a review that said they docked. I'm just trying to find out if docking is a likely thing or if I should believe what is on the schedule.

Thanks!

Hi,:) when I sailed Mercury last year we docked in Ketchikan.

Maybe they changed their procedure?

Hopefully someone who has sailed her recently can give you

updated information.

Enjoy your cruise:)

Hi,:) when I sailed Mercury last year we docked in Ketchikan.

Maybe they changed their procedure?

Hopefully someone who has sailed her recently can give you

updated information.

Enjoy your cruise:)

That's what I'm hoping for. I just hate tendering :p as it is always a chaotic experience!

Frankly I can't believe I am so close to going on this cruise! When I started planning we had 485 days to go, now we are 18 days from leaving for this adventure and I'm about to go out of my mind :D

Thanks again Lois for always posting so quickly with such great info and for making me so excited about Mercury!!!

The Mercury USUALLY does dock, but on your sailing there are a lot of other ships in port and only dock space for three at a time.

Princess- Island Princess 6:30 - 2:00

HAL- Amsterdam 7:00 - 1:00

RCCL- Radiance of the Seas 9:00 - 7:00

and

Mercury 1:00 8:30

So its just about availability and scheduling

Dave:eek:

If you like original handmade artwork at reasonable prices check out Scanlon Gallery downtown. I found they had the best things at reasonable prices on our entire trip last year.

If you like original handmade artwork at reasonable prices check out Scanlon Gallery downtown. I found they had the best things at reasonable prices on our entire trip last year.

Thanks for the info Dave! We always try to pick up artwork made in the area we are traveling. We're not always successful due to pricing but I will definitely check out the gallery. I can't remember which port you said had the Christmas ornaments that you loved, would mind refreshing my memory? I like to get one whenever we travel. My favorite part of putting up our Christmas tree is remembering the significance of each ornament. Makes for a long process but an enjoyable one :D .

Thanks again!

The Summit faced the same situation when we sailed her to Alaska in Aug, '03.

We tendered in, but as soon as the Princess ship left at 2:00 Summit moved into that docking space and we walked to the gangway, no need to tender back.

Archived