How long have they been doing this red team blue team stuff?

lynnber

We just got off of the Triumph and we didn't have red, white and blue teams. We had Carnivale and Mardi Gras teams. (these were the first two carnival ships.) Every night at dinner the matre d would tell us who was ahead. The teams were decided by table numbers. Even number and odd number. Then at the last night program they announced the winner. No prize, I guess just bragging rights. I wonder if each CD runs their contests different? It felt more like summer camp than a cruise when it came to the contest.:confused:

Luanne

So, as a first time Carnival cruiser, are you saying that if I don't like all this "unusual" stuff I have to go to the buffet........:eek:

Gosh........make me feel good about my first Carnival cruise!!

You DON'T have to eat at the buffet, AND you DON'T have to LIKE the stupidity of the Red/Blue Let's all be pre-teens and go back to summer camp shenanigans; Right in the middle of what should be a restful and pleasant meal at the end of a long day.

Moreover those IDIOTS who say "If you don't like the way it is, why don't you (go back where you came from, go away, don't come here at all), are the same idiots who usually blindly support anything their government does, and when YOU object (say early on to a stupid meaningless war ), they are quick to tell you "HEY IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, WHY DON'T YOU MOVE TO (INSERT SOMEWHERE ELSE HERE). "

Pay little attention to fools, but suffer them badly.

BnB

When I cruised on the Conquest last year dessert was served before the singing\dancing began. If all the cruise ship follow this procedure, it would solve a lot of the problems for those who do not like the singing\dancing wait staff.

That depends on the waitstaff and tables that they have. On my first Conquest cruise we had dessert before the singing and dancing. I usually skipped out before it even started. On last year's Conquest cruise our waitress never had time to get our desserts to us before she had to stop and sing and dance.

I think the singing and dancing is fun, but maybe 2 nights on a 7 night cruise would be about right.

Once upon a time, the only night the waiters danced was the last night of the cruise, when they did the baked alaska parade. Then it was a special event to be anticipated.

Funny thing is, they don't do THIS anymore!

Do they do this red white and blue thing and the the singing/dancing on the 1st night in the dinning room? I dont do the dinning room..but i do plan on doing it the very 1st night..and i hope they DO do it the 1st night :)

thanks,

David.

Ironically enough, usually no.

Just got off the Fascination this morning, and after a weekend of 'points go to the red team', 'let's hear it for the blue team", etc. we never did find out which team won. I found the whole thing somewhat distracting. Is this done on every Carnival ship now? How long has it been going on?

to long

Just got off the Fascination this morning, and after a weekend of 'points go to the red team', 'let's hear it for the blue team", etc. we never did find out which team won. I found the whole thing somewhat distracting. Is this done on every Carnival ship now? How long has it been going on?

Just got back off the Triumph this past weekend. The teams on this ship were Mardi Gras and Team Carnivale. When they started mentioning it I knew I had missed something somewhere. I asked my daughters if we were on a team and they said it was by your table number if you had an odd or even numbered table. I had no clue. I loved the little songs they did at dinner. I enjoyed it. I probably looked goofy, but I had fun. This was my first cruise, so that is probably why I liked it.

Those are the kinds of things that would be a big factor in my decision to book a cruise with them; it sounds dreadful, and I would definitely avoid a line that did those things.

I have a large group booked for next April. One of the people who just booked with us called and asked me if Carnival still had the singing and dancing at dinner. She was so pleased to hear they do!! She just got of Princess and said way to stuffy.. So I guess it is a big factor in lots of our decisions to book a cruise but for us it's a positve..

I have a cruise in Oct. and can't wait to see them do their thing at dinner!!

have a nice day,

Carla

You DON'T have to eat at the buffet, AND you DON'T have to LIKE the stupidity of the Red/Blue Let's all be pre-teens and go back to summer camp shenanigans; Right in the middle of what should be a restful and pleasant meal at the end of a long day.

Moreover those IDIOTS who say "If you don't like the way it is, why don't you (go back where you came from, go away, don't come here at all), are the same idiots who usually blindly support anything their government does, and when YOU object (say early on to a stupid meaningless war ), they are quick to tell you "HEY IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, WHY DON'T YOU MOVE TO (INSERT SOMEWHERE ELSE HERE). "

Pay little attention to fools, but suffer them badly.

But, as my first time on Carnival, why do they have this hoaky stuff? Really,what is the purpose?? Please believe me, I love to have fun, but all this seems very strange to me :confused:

But, as my first time on Carnival, why do they have this hoaky stuff? Really,what is the purpose?? Please believe me, I love to have fun, but all this seems very strange to me :confused:

The purpose is to entertain the passengers. Some find it entertaining; others find it irritating.

I'd say it's closer to two years that it's been going on. Some people on the cruise ship take it seriously...and it has added some excitement to events that might have been getting old or tiresome. We've not always known right away what color we were but they've always announced which team won the last night of the cruise or first thing in the morning of debarkation. It doesn't really matter since all you get for winning is free Pizza. We don't usually participate but do cheer for our team. What's the harm. I enjoy seeing other people have a good time, too.

Sorry....but some of us enjoy the singing waiters. There is one maitre'd who sounds like Frank Sinatra. That was a great cruise....he'd sing a song every night and then the waiters would, too!

i agree some people must have forgotten there on a carnival "funship" not the yachts of seabourn:cool: we both enjoy the entertainment in the dining room!

I only been on one cruise... which was last month and they did it the whole time. I guess if they gave the winning team a complimentary T shirt or something with the date of the cruise and such it would be alright. Just to keep hearing it over and over for nothing is bothersome.

Archived