Be Honest!!!!!!

ELATION IS NOT WHAT YOU PEOPLE SAID........(I've tried to enter this twice and each time, I got the "white screen!")

When giving a review of a ship please, please be HONEST!!!!!!!

• Riviera Deck (rear) had such a horrible smell (sewer) we didn't order room service...it was too disgusting!!!:eek:
  • The teenagers were so out of control...a criminal investigation is going on, in San Diego (as I write this!) One child was held in an elevator, against his will, another was beaten-up! This gang of "thugs" ran up and down stairs and hallways for days!
  • The information desk could not produce the "Hotel Manager" for 3 days!
  • The public restrooms have no seat covers; and, to dry your hands you must use blow dryers; and, the toilets are so badly stained it looks as if you must flush them but to no avail; they just look dirty!!!!
  • Our stateroom was soooooo worn out! The toilet seat needed a paint job; the drawers could have used one too! Strictly a maintenance issue!
  • Our room steward and dining room servers were a joy and tried in everyway to make our cruise a pleasant one!!!!!!
  • The food in the Lido (Buffet) was so boring; both in taste and display. As was the food in the dining room.:o
  • The dress code...."What dress code?" Was rarely followed! It was shameful and embarassing! Swim suits/bathrobes/flip flops/bluejeans, etc., etc.
  • The crew, at times was down right rude! I know these folks work very hard; well, so do I and I'm still expected to use my manners! Walking into and in front of guests is "rude!":mad:
  • Cookies and cakes are terrible anywhere on this ship except in the Piano Bar and there you will have to PAY FOR THEM!!!!!!!!:cool:
  • "Red team....Blue team!" WHY??????????
  • The shows and entertainers were great! This is where Carnival shines!:)
  • The photographers were everywhere! And, tried to be very helpful!
  • We met some wonderful new friends.........
  • Disembarkation was a nightmare!!!!!!
  • Would I ever cruise on this ship again? NEVER!!!!!
  • I am aware that some things are very subjective.......most are not!
  • I can't wait for our September cruise on Princess!!!!

I think all people have different views of the ships. I have heard bad things about the Triumph and we had nothing but good to say. I am so sorry you had an awful experience I hope another cruise line does better for you

Kris:)

Actually sounds pretty fair. Not a very detailed review but listing the good and the bad fairly.

Never sailed on the Elation so I can't really comment on most of it, but you do need to remember that the kids will change every cruise, just like the other passengers. So you can't put too much blame on the ship for that.

Wow!

Sorry to hear you had such a horrible experience. Our first cruise was on the Elation, July '05 and we had a blast! Its what made us fall for cruising and put to rest any doubt or negative opinions. We loved the Elation, we thought the food was great, had no problems with the service, room was very clean and comfortable, bathrooms were always clean, and the staff was very nice, with the exception of one waiter on the Lido deck who got offended when my dh went to the bar to order my drink instead of buying one from his tray, it was nothing against him, my dh just wanted to go to the bar and ask the bartender something about a different drink! Other than that we had great, friendly service the entire time. My dds absolutely loved the chocolate cake from the coffee bar and the chocolate covered strawberries! We loved the Elation and thought it was a beautiful ship. :)

Happy cruising!

Sorry you didn't like your cruise. I hope your next one is more to your liking.

VolzCruiser, thanks for repling to my Controversial Thread yesterday, although it only lasted 3 minutes before it got ZAPPED. I would of been a fun thread.

Fred

Oooh good lord, what am I in for?????????? You Carnival lovers, please make me feel better taking my first Carnival cruise!!:eek:

I'm thinking you'll have a fabulous first cruise and more with Carnival. The last cruise was one of the best I've sailed and was my 26 Carnival.

This person may have had some really bad luck in a couple areas which did'nt help.

i cruised elation in feb 2007, and it was one of the best cruises we had. the crew was wonderful. now, i understand that there have been some crew changes. the CD for us at the time, was stuart dunn. he was great. debarkation was a breeze! it was him and the rest of the crew who made it so great, but i believe this mostly falls into the hands of the CD. maraschall (spelling?), our CD on fantasy, did a horrible job. debarkation on that ship was a nightmare. and he made it that way. the CD for our victory cruise (whoever it was at the time, and it has certainly since changed), also did a horrible job running debarkation. all other CCL ships i've sailed, debarkation was fine.

there were no red, white and blue teams in the dining room. it was our maitre d's last cruise, so maybe he cldn't be bothered, but it was nonexistent, and i loved it.

i embarked from port canaveral...another breeze. you embarked on the west coast, right?

didn't have any problems w/ kids running wild whatsoever, and i cruised during president's week!

our cat 12 needed some TLC, but it wasn't in a shambles. one of the a/c vents wasn't working, but it got repaired. the ship will be going into dry dock soon anyway to incorporate the evolutions of fun enhancements.

there was no foul odor at any time that i noticed, and the ship was always kept clean -- including the public restrooms.

the food was good, but not the usual "very good" that i find on CCL. and, i stated just this in my review.

Sooooooooooooooo, b/4 you go accusing people of lying in their reviews STOP...and think of 2 very obvious things:

1) the crew, or at least part of it, might have chnaged; and

2) reviews are subjective.

remember those 2 things, have a glass of wine, and chill....;)

Valium.....the answer to life's little problems!!!!!;)

It was a trip out of San Diego....Embarkation was a breeze.....it's a delightful port to cruise from! We're usually going out of L.A./Seattle or Florida!!!

I truly wish it was just a "different strokes, for different folks" thing! It's not.....it's that a lot of people would rather not say anything and just "move-on!" In many ways, I feel the same way......but, I have gotten very close to many of you and I can't let this go without saying something!

I am very happy when cruisers have a wonderful experience......I know that feeling because I've had some truly wonderful times on the majority of our cruises and we're doing a lot of them, lately!!!!

This was so different, than any cruise I've been on.........it left such a bad taste in my mouth.....Oh! Not for cruising.....just for Carnival cruising!!!!

exactly the reasons we never sail on older ships, nor on short itineraries.

you get what you pay for. Sorry you had such a bad time. I'm sure you will totally enjoy your princess cruise :)

Oooh good lord, what am I in for?????????? You Carnival lovers, please make me feel better taking my first Carnival cruise!!:eek:

What ship are you sailing on? Remember, Elation is one of the older ships in the fleet and is scheduled for dry dock, so she may be needing a little TLC.

Don't worry, what you are in for is a great time. Don't sweat the small stuff and you'll have a lot of fun.

OP ~ sorry you didn't enjoy your cruise. Guess you didn't find those wonderful brown sugar cookies that I couldn't stop eating on my last cruise. I thought they were little round pieces of heaven! :D

Thanks for your honesty. We were on the Elation in April, and had a great cruise. We knew the ship was older, so we knew the ship wouldn't be in perfect shape. Having just been on the Miracle, a newer ship, we were concerned, but we ended up being pleasantly surprised. I suppose each cruise can be a different experience for each person.:)

VolzCruiser, thanks for repling to my Controversial Thread yesterday, although it only lasted 3 minutes before it got ZAPPED. I would of been a fun thread.

Fred

Is that how long it lasted? I was posting my reply when it disappeared. I said you forgot to mention Balcony vs Inside. :D

Linda

ELATION IS NOT WHAT YOU PEOPLE SAID........(I've tried to enter this twice and each time, I got the "white screen!")

When giving a review of a ship please, please be HONEST!!!!!!!

I certainly think people are honest in their evaluation of THEIR cruise, just as you tried to be when you evaluated YOURS. What could anyone possibly gain by not being so???

Thats NOT GOOD... we sail on the Elation in 40 days!!!!!!!!!!!! Please please tell me some good things about the food, cus I am looking forward to that part..

Now, thankfully, I live in San Diego, so I already get to spend my weekends at the beaches.. so If the cruise doesn't go as planned, I'll just head to the beach instead.

exactly the reasons we never sail on older ships, nor on short itineraries.

you get what you pay for. Sorry you had such a bad time. I'm sure you will totally enjoy your princess cruise :)

pompous remark:rolleyes: let's see...out of your "older CCL ships" shorter (5 day itineraries) that *suck* b/c "you get what you pay for", we have sailed: imagination, fascination, elation, fantasy...and that's just the "crappy" CCL ships, not including anything newer or other lines we have sailed (like DCL which was only a 4 day sea; 3 day land, but didn't suck).:rolleyes:

had a GREAT time, every time, mary... even if things didn't always go perfectly, so this is truly a case of "Speak for Yourself," thankyouverymuch. coming from one who has had their share of longer cruises too. i am sure many will agree, your comment is "out there."

I certainly think people are honest in their evaluation of THEIR cruise, just as you tried to be when you evaluated YOURS. What could anyone possibly gain by not being so???

I agree that most people are very honest in thier reviews..what would they have to gain by being dishonest? I am a loyal Carnival cruiser but I also give the good, the bad, and the ugly when I do a review, otherwise, what would be the purpose in doing a review??? I am sure that if you do a search on these boards you will find plenty of people that feel the same way you do about any given ship. I have sailed the Elation 2 times. Was it as nice as my Conquest cruise? Probably not. I loved each time I was on the Elation because of the people I was sailing with.. I think that made the difference for me...:)

Cathy: As I said before, I don't think people are as thorough about their evaluation of a ship as they could be..........being "honest" and being thorough is truly two different things......

Don't misunderstand my intentions of the word "honest!" As stated I NEVER read anywhere about the food, or lack thereof, in the buffet area.

I NEVER read anywhere about the wear and tear and dirty looking toilets in the public areas! I'm not being critical just HONEST and thorough about my review!

Maybe some folks wouldn't even notice such things as wear & tear and rudeness and bland/tastless desserts.......I noticed it and I wrote about it......I was honest and truthful! Maybe not as thorough as I could have been.....but, why bore you???

Food is part of the fun of cruising.....it's important to us and we enjoy the different flavors as well as the presentations......I felt it was lacking on this cruise!!! The most fun food on this cruise was the hamburger served for dinner, in the dining room! (I didn't order it...but, I loved watching it being served and enjoyed at the adjoining table!)

Come on.....I'm no "galloping gourmet" but if that's the highlight of one's cruise experience.....somethings missing???? Wouldn't you say????

What ship are you sailing on? Remember, Elation is one of the older ships in the fleet and is scheduled for dry dock, so she may be needing a little TLC.

Don't worry, what you are in for is a great time. Don't sweat the small stuff and you'll have a lot of fun.

OP ~ sorry you didn't enjoy your cruise. Guess you didn't find those wonderful brown sugar cookies that I couldn't stop eating on my last cruise. I thought they were little round pieces of heaven! :D

We're on the Victory in July. Booked this cruise as a short (5 day) get-away for my DH and myself. As you can see by Roz's signature, she really likes Princess as we do, but we wanted to try Carnival, and this is a short drive to NY port for us. We like to try different cruise lines and really go with an open mind and make the best of "our vacation". ...I'm just getting bad vibes:eek: I'm sure we will have a ball, we usually do!!

I am so sorry you had a horrible experience.. We were on the Elation in January and had a wonderful experience..The food was great, staff was attentive. all around great experience..The only negative was the room reeked of cigarette smoke and I called the room steward and he re-cleaned the room in a matter of 1 hour, after cleaning there was no smell:D . The public bathroom were always clean, and always had hand sanitizing lotion. We never saw a bathing suit in the dining room or jeans. I feel bad that you had a terrible time, but my experience was great..HONEST:)

I tend to stick to the newer ships because of this very reason. I do look at the wear and tear while on vacation. I know that if I stick to the newer ships, then the wear and tear are not as great - and that means I will have a grand time. I am sorry that you had a lousy time. I hope your next cruise is a good one.

Archived