Be Honest!!!!!!

Clutterlady: I know you will have a wonderful cruise.....you have great attitude, as do I!

I truly go with an open mind and give everything and everyone the benefit of the doubt and second and third chances. I don't depend on them to make my experience.....I make my experience special! As will you!!!!

Go with an open mind and have fun! Please tell us how it was!!!!

Wizard, as I learned awhile ago in one of those corporate training classes that what we feel as being honest and thorough isn't so for other people. You perceived that the Elation had all the problems while I am sure that someone else didn't perceive this problems. I wouldn't say that either one of you is being dishonest or not thorough just a difference of perception. I run into this all the time with my DW it isn't that one of us is wrong or right it just a difference in perceptions. So to me I don't think anyone was being dishonest they just didn't perceive the Elation as you would have and so the information that you wanted wasn't given.

VolzCruiser, thanks for repling to my Controversial Thread yesterday, although it only lasted 3 minutes before it got ZAPPED. I would of been a fun thread.

LOL I didn't think it would last long but it would have been fun if had last a few more moments.

• The public restrooms have no seat covers; and, to dry your hands you must use blow dryers; and, the toilets are so badly stained it looks as if you must flush them but to no avail; they just look dirty!!!!

I don't much like the blow dryers, either, but I think they're there for a reason -- it's one less thing to touch and therefore one less opportunity to spread noro or other germs. I did like that they have the little tissues right by the door so you don't have to touch the handles directly. Also, most of the public bathrooms have the automatic-open buttons. That's great for handicapped passengers, but it's also good for avoiding spreading germs. You can hit the button with your elbow and never touch ANYTHING after washing your hands.

And if the hamburgers at the next table were the culinary high point, I suspect you didn't order very well. No way you could say that if you had eaten the pumpkin soup or the strawberry bisque!

We're on the Victory in July. Booked this cruise as a short (5 day) get-away for my DH and myself. As you can see by Roz's signature, she really likes Princess as we do, but we wanted to try Carnival, and this is a short drive to NY port for us. We like to try different cruise lines and really go with an open mind and make the best of "our vacation". ...I'm just getting bad vibes:eek: I'm sure we will have a ball, we usually do!!

If you go in with that attitude, you will have a wonderful time:) Carnival will most likely be very different from Princess, but if you go in "knowing" that ahead of time, you will have a great time! Carnival has alot of "fun" to offer!

I'll be on the Elation on Thursday, so it will be interesting on whether I have a similar experience as the OP. I am in no way worried about my upcoming cruise...about 15 cruises under my belt and I've yet to experience a bad one!

Clutterlady: I know you will have a wonderful cruise.....you have great attitude, as do I!

I truly go with an open mind and give everything and everyone the benefit of the doubt and second and third chances. I don't depend on them to make my experience.....I make my experience special! As will you!!!!

Go with an open mind and have fun! Please tell us how it was!!!!

Thanks Roz! I'm sure we will do just fine on Carnival. I survived NCL last year:D

What I love about crusing is there are so many lines for everyone to chose from.....you can try them all and some of us find our nitch. We love Princess for no other reason then it just has a little bit of everything that we are looking for. But to say one line is better than another is a little bogus......you can find the good and bad with any line. When we're spending our hard earned money, I'll be darn if I'm going to let little things ruin "my vacation"!!! I may think twice about going back........but, never say never!!:)

Sorry you're cruise was so bad................see you on Princess!!!!!!!

sorry the ops had such a rotten time...i am usually having such a good time i really don't focus on how "old" a ship is...you get out of it what you put into it...i don't like the hand dryers, so i don't use the public restrooms...no problem....hope your princess cruise meets your, ah, expectations

I went on the Victory once and was dissapointed in a few things that we came to expect. But I did not say I would never cruise Carnival again. After thinking awhile, we decided to try the same ship again, a year later. Totally different expierence. Any line and any ship can have a off week. You just hope and pray it is not on your week.:D

Cathy: As I said before, I don't think people are as thorough about their evaluation of a ship as they could be..........being "honest" and being thorough is truly two different things......

Don't misunderstand my intentions of the word "honest!" ...

huh? i don't know what this reply (above) is supposed to mean? you say you aren't discussing honesty, but that is exactly what you stated (in no uncertain terms):

:mad: BE HONEST!!! ELATION IS NOT WHAT YOU PEOPLE SAID........ ....(Would I ever cruise on this ship again? NEVER!!!!!

I am aware that some things are very subjective.......most are not!

I can't wait for our September cruise on Princess!!!!

you state you'd never do it again, then, you tell clutterlady that you go with an open mind, and have a great time?:confused: and then you tell clutterlady she'll have a great time? too funny. :rolleyes:

you were practically "screaming" in post 1 with the super bold; and i've never seen so many exclamation points to bolster an emphatic tone. you clearly were not happy when you posted the thread.

how can you tell Clutterlady not to worry, she'll have a great time, after what you posted? how do you know she'll have a great time?

and, if you know that she will have a great time, how come you didn't know that you wouldn't? LOL.

and BTW, i have been to plenty of places where the restrooms did not have disposable seat covers for one reason or another. they were either out, didn't have them at all, whatever. i don't use them, but it's convenient for the kids. if they aren't at any given place however, i don't vow to never return.

here's a tip: squat. if that won't do, put down TP (the old fashioned method -- you know b/4 paper seat covers were invented); if that won't do, Go to the Cabin.:p it's what a deck (or 2 or 3) away at most?

Thank you for your input......it helps to know that you need not be afraid, on these boards, to voice your opinion/wish somebody well or just plain "say it the way it is".....without someone slamming you or criticizing everything you have to say or how you punctuate it!

Which is why so many people are afraid to post......

Back off! I shared my view! You don't need to be nasty or make negative comments about my writing or my style! GEEEEEEEZ!

I've never been on the Elation, so I don't know. Not trying to be rude to you but writing it in purple certainly gets your point across. I do think people were honest of their cruises on Elation in the past. Maybe, their cruise didn't have the rowdy teenagers, and they might have had a different chef. I don't know. I do think you should write a long letter to Carnival and let them know.

Back off! I shared my view! You don't need to be nasty or make negative comments about my writing or my style! GEEEEEEEZ!

Actually your original post did feel like an attack on the community, or at least the Carnival board. I am sorry you didn't enjoy your cruise, but I can see why some might take offense to your post.

exactly the reasons we never sail on older ships, nor on short itineraries.

you get what you pay for. Sorry you had such a bad time. I'm sure you will totally enjoy your princess cruise :)

Not sure what one thing has to do with another...besides the op was on a 6 day cruise.

Someone had mentioned the Elation is ready for drydock....they just brought it over to Calif. so I'm sure that won't be for sometime. Sorry op to hear you had a bad experience. We sailed her when she was brand new and we will be on her again in August. Knowing that she is 9 years old, I know she won't be the same as she was back then. We have been on a couple of ships that had that awful odor. Thank goodness it wasn't on our deck. There are 2 Carnival ships that I will never sail on again but I still sail Carnival LOL! It would be just like if you had a bad experience at a certain restaurant chain and decided never to eat at any of their restaurants again. They are all run by a different staff so how could they all be the same. With that in mind I will go by the main review board which gives the Elation a pretty good overall rating.:)

ELATION IS NOT WHAT YOU PEOPLE SAID........(I've tried to enter this twice and each time, I got the "white screen!")

When giving a review of a ship please, please be HONEST!!!!!!!

I have read all the replies and have to admit that the original post seems overly hostile in the beginning. The quote above actually read to me that the OP was calling everyone who posted comments or reviews before "Liars" due to the "not what you people said in bold and underlined and the be HONEST in red w/multiple exclamation points.

Later the OP tells other posters who are booked on the Elation that they will have a good cruise. Isn't that hypocritical considering the long post about how crappy their cruise was?

We have seen many reviews in the past from people on the exact same sailing who saw things in different ways. Some who had a great time and others who seemed to complain about everything. I guess it is the whole glass half full or empty thing. Some people look for the good while others look for what's bad. I am sure some on that sailing thought it was a wonderful time.

Sure the OP probably has some valid points about the items that were listed (they have cruised before) and they would probably have been received much better if they had been presented without the hostility which shows in the first paragraph in the original post.

WOW a gang of thugs?? I would never go after another persons kid but in a case like that I have found that a right foot placed in a kids ass usually does the trick. I have never been on the Elation so I can't judge but thanks for the heads up

Valium.....the answer to life's little problems!!!!!;)

It was a trip out of San Diego....Embarkation was a breeze.....it's a delightful port to cruise from! We're usually going out of L.A./Seattle or Florida!!!

I truly wish it was just a "different strokes, for different folks" thing! It's not.....it's that a lot of people would rather not say anything and just "move-on!" In many ways, I feel the same way......but, I have gotten very close to many of you and I can't let this go without saying something!

This was so different, than any cruise I've been on.........it left such a bad taste in my mouth.....Oh! Not for cruising.....just for Carnival cruising!!!!

Sometimes valium can help, sometimes not. Did you cruise aboard Elation after we brought her out to you from Florida? Our cruise was very different because there were so few youngsters aboard. Most of the passengers were 75+ years old.

Thanks for posting your review. For folks to truly get an idea of the randomness of cruises its good to post the bad as well as the good.

We have seen many reviews from the exact same sailing who saw things in different ways. Some who had a great time and others who seemed to complain about everything.

Mysticks unless I have missed something.....this is the only review from this sailing. Another cc member GTVcruiser was on the same sailing but really has not done his review yet just some pics....

I have been looking since this sailing just returned on Sat. So hopefully others will post their review soon.....

Mysticks unless I have missed something.....this is the only review from this sailing. Another cc member GTVcruiser was on the same sailing but really has not done his review yet just some pics....

I have been looking since this sailing just returned on Sat. So hopefully others will post their review soon.....

Sorry, I meant other sailings in the past having different views, not this one. I went back and corrected it. Thanks.

Oh Please! Unless the entire ship went down the toilet when it moved to the West Coast...the OP is totally exagerating. :rolleyes:

Elation was the ship we did in December. I am a SNOB! I am a hotel snob! I am a suite snob! I pay $10,000 each for cruises without batting an eye and then go on to pay $700 for ONE night in a pre-cruise hotel in Miami.

So I am ONE PICKY CHICK!

And you know what...I booked Elation last minute. Paid under $1,000 TOTAL for my whole family. Went with an Ocean View on the so-called "sewer smelling" Riviera deck...and it was SUCH A WONDERFUL CRUISE!

We had a GREAT time! We had no problems. I went into it thinking it was so darn cheap that it couldn't be good and it turned out so great that I book Sensation for August...YES even after another $10,000 cruise this past May with RCCL.

Sorry the "thugs" took the cruiseship over...maybe Elation should have stayed in Port Canaveral. ;)

I am a SNOB! I am a hotel snob! I am a suite snob! I pay $10,000 each for cruises without batting an eye and then go on to pay $700 for ONE night in a pre-cruise hotel in Miami.

Uh, oh!! I'm think I'm going to just turn, run, and take cover before this gets ugly.... 'cause I see it a-comin'.

Thank you for your input......it helps to know that you need not be afraid, on these boards, to voice your opinion/wish somebody well or just plain "say it the way it is".....without someone slamming you or criticizing everything you have to say or how you punctuate it!

Which is why so many people are afraid to post......

OP -- you were actually the one who said it all, not me. i just noted what i thought were glaring inconsistencies in your posts. in fact, my first post to you was very even keeled considering your original post. (and as far as that first post, nothing says "mad" like :mad:.)

then you started adding additional conflicting responses which were comical considering your initial position. they just asked for a response.

now that people are reacting to and responding to your thread, you don't like it and say it is us who have the problem.

no one has to be afraid to post on here. CC is a wonderful place. and this forum, in particular, i have always found to be an invaluable source of information. i never accused anyone of lying, of course, but have always found it very informative. and, while we may not always agree, we can move on and get over it.

Oh Please! Unless the entire ship went down the toilet when it moved to the West Coast...the OP is totally exagerating. :rolleyes:

Elation was the ship we did in December. I am a SNOB! I am a hotel snob! I am a suite snob! I pay $10,000 each for cruises without batting an eye and then go on to pay $700 for ONE night in a pre-cruise hotel in Miami.

So I am ONE PICKY CHICK!

And you know what...I booked Elation last minute. Paid under $1,000 TOTAL for my whole family. Went with an Ocean View on the so-called "sewer smelling" Riviera deck...and it was SUCH A WONDERFUL CRUISE!

We had a GREAT time! We had no problems. I went into it thinking it was so darn cheap that it couldn't be good and it turned out so great that I book Sensation for August...YES even after another $10,000 cruise this past May with RCCL.

Sorry the "thugs" took the cruiseship over...maybe Elation should have stayed in Port Canaveral. ;)

You-Go-Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Well, since we are being honest and letting our hair down, I did think the Ecstasy was not as pretty as other ships, but I still had fun. Pretty isnt everything. Im also going again, but I did not have unruly teens, that would have bugged me too. They sound like hoodlums.

Archived