Turkish Raids Into Iraq Worry U.S.

Turkish Raids Into Iraq Worry U.S.

I don't intend a political discussion, nor do I mean to discount the real concerns around this development. With that said, I hope this is the right outlet to air my worry that Celebrity could decide to cancel its Turkey stops.

We lave Sunday for our ten year anniversary trip to include an overnight in Istanbul (the absolute highlight of the trip) and a day in Ephesus.

With no disrespect meant to people affected by military actions, I would be unbelievably disappointed if Celebrity were to pull out of our Turkey stops.

Can anyone share any information on how decisions like this are made, when or if we would be notified if they did cancel, and whether they would go somewhere else (Dubrovnik maybe?) or just keep us on the ship?

Hopefully I'm over-anticipating their possible reaction to events taking place on the complete opposite side of the country.

Cruise lines will monitor safety conditions for each of the areas they travel to and will make itinerary changes, when required. The timing of when the decisons are made vary on a case by case basis as each situation is different.

Based on what I have read, I would not be concerned at this point in time. And, the key is that the cruise lines make these decisions with safety of passengers and crew as the number one factor.

Have a great time. We were just in both of these locations in April and they were wonderful.

Keith

Not to worry! Celebrity will take good care of you. They know what they're doing.

In order to calm your nerves, you might want to check the following website:

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_1764.html

It is reliable and up-to-date reagarding safety issues for U.S. citizens traveling abroad. I am also stopping in Turkey this summer and already checked. Turkey is NOT on the high risk list.

Once you're in the above website, you might want to peek around to visit some other links and pages. It is incredibly resourceful! Have a wonderful cruise. Relax and enjoy.

ParPar

Archived