Rooms on Deck 2

Has anyone stayed in the rooms on Deck 2? How did you find them and is there alot of motion being down that low. Are they really small? We have three people in one room that is suppose to have a pullman bed. Has anyone every slept on one of those or stayed in a room for three people?

The lower in the ship you are, the less motion you should feel. However, all of those rooms will be really small, so be prepared for that! I doubt that all 3 of you will be able to stand in the room at the same time!

I have been in low deck interior rooms with three people. Yes, all interior rooms are smal. Bring a cloths pin for the shower curtain so it does not stick to you. We had a couch not a pullman. What ship are you talking about as others may know more about it if you can tell us the ship.

Our first cruise was in an outside room of deck 2 on the Majesty. My husband worries about motion sickness and he had no trouble. the room was small, but just perfect for us. I remember thinking the first morning that I really hoped I would not see waves splashing on the porthole :D , but it was just my own paranoia. We loved the room and have been addicted to cruising ever since. Enjoy your cruise.

There is less motion on the lower decks so it is better for those with motion sickness. I have not been on Majesty, but the outside cabins on the lower decks are usually no smaller than the outside ones on higher deckes, although you probably have a porthole instead of a full window. The only problem we had being that low was that there was a lot of traffic to get off the ship in port and sometimes we couldn't get past the crowds on the stairs just to get down to our room.

The lower in the ship you are, the less motion you should feel. However, all of those rooms will be really small, so be prepared for that! I doubt that all 3 of you will be able to stand in the room at the same time!

I hope this was said with tongue firmly in cheek! The cabins are small - but, the oceanview cabins on deck 2 are no smaller than the standard oceanview cabins on higher decks.

You will have no problem with 3 in the cabin --the pullman is put away during the day and only out at night. There will be limited space when you are all trying to get ready for the day or dinner -but, you'll find a way to work around it. Have a great cruise!

The last 2 cruises my wife and I have taken we were on deck 2, Oct '06 Radiance of the Seas(2029) and Apr '07 on the Enchantment(2019). We loved it, especially the Radiance, their deck 2 consists of a very short hallway, maybe 20-25 cabins but the hallway is right next to the elevators and just past the elevators is the desembarkment hatch. It was great leaving and when we came back onboard, we just had to travel a few feet to the cabin. almost has nice on the Enchantment location wise.

Its true you do not feel the motion as much on deck 2, in fact on these last 2 crusies my wife made mention that she did not have to take anything for motion sickness. We will definately stay 'down there' in the future. We had an interior cabin and for the two of us it was fine, on the Enchantment we were with other people who had 3 in the room and they seemed to do fine with the space.

We are booked in an inside cabin on Deck 3 for the 10/28/08 Jewel repositioning from Boston to Miami.

We choose low and midship for the reduced motion.

Does anyone know if you would feel more motion on an outside cabin on Deck 2 or 3 than an inside cabin on those same deck?

Or is it low enough that it doesn't really matter.

Thanks! It's good to get more discussion going from those of us who can't or won't sail in suites.

Carrie :)

aka sabba

aka clairefraser2002

We are booked in an inside cabin on Deck 3 for the 10/28/08 Jewel repositioning from Boston to Miami.

We choose low and midship for the reduced motion.

Does anyone know if you would feel more motion on an outside cabin on Deck 2 or 3 than an inside cabin on those same deck?

Or is it low enough that it doesn't really matter.

Thanks! It's good to get more discussion going from those of us who can't or won't sail in suites.

Carrie :)

aka sabba

aka clairefraser2002

I think the general view is, the more center and low you are the less motion you will feel. So, a midship outside and a midship inside should be about the same, but a forward inside on a higher deck could feel more motion. Someone correct me if I'm wrong,:o .

Here is a picture of your Jewel interior. It is a good size, with a couch.

Much bigger than the Sovereign class ships.

1200321460060409257S200x200Q85.jpg

You are correct .... inside in the front of the ship, you will feel the motion especially it the water in a little rough .... the best place is midship low deck ..... the inside or oceanview will be fine .... most of the time we get a cabin on a lower deck because my mother gets motion sickness easy and has had no problems but she did feel the movement when we got a guarantee inside cabin and they put us on deck 4 inside front.

Archived