Century vs Millennium

Circusboy354

Hi

Can you help us with the following senario.

We are planning on taking a transtlantic cruise in December with a 4 month old.

We can either take a sky suite on the century or a royal suite on the millennium.

Century is a 17 night TA with a much better itinerary although there are no ports in the carribbean. The Millennium is a 14 night TA with one stop in Haiti.

We're split between the two. Although the Century has a much better ininerary having the bigger suite on the millennium may be better with having a baby.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Hi,:) I don't have any kids (and I hope I don't get flamed for this)

but are you going to have time to do stuff? I mean, 4 months old...

you are going to have to be with him/her 24-7.

You will be ok taking him/her on excursions and stuff?

Again, I hope I don't get flamed for asking and I am not meaning

to be disrespectful, honest.

Just seems like the cruise might not be much of a vacation for the

2 of you.

But to your cabin question. I think the Royal Suite is bigger if

you want more space.

Thanks for your suggestion. We have cruised twice before, once on a transatlantic. We are maybe a little unique in enjoying the days onboard more than the excursions. If we take the millennium there are very few ports of interest. IfI am correct celebrity will / might provide a baby minder fow a couple of hours at 8.30 for late dinner. We have through about this and if they cannot provide a baby minder and baby is grumpy we could eat in our room, hence the reason for going for the RS with a seperate living area.

Two years ago we sailed on Century and loved it, last year we sailed on Galaxy and were a little disappointed, what would the experience on Millennium be like, more like Century or Galaxy in your opinion?

Thanks for your help.

Hi,:) I have sailed Millennium once, Century 3 times (all before

her major overhaul) and will be on Galaxy next year.

I have always enjoyed all my cruises.:) I have never had

a suite but have been inside the Royal once~it is the size

of an apartment:D

Stopping at Haiti would not sway me to cruise Millennium. We've done M-class, as well as Century. We loved both and probably prefer Century because it's a bit more intimate. We had a Sky Suite on Century and it would be adequate for two adults and an infant, but of course, a Royal Suite would be larger.

I think the bottom line is for you to select whichever itinerary appeals to you more, but I wouldn't base that decision on Haiti alone.

The other deciding factor may be the fact that Millennium has an indoor "spa" pool and Century doesn't. Since this will be a TA, an indoor pool may appeal to you, although I believe no children are allowed in there.

Personally, I think it will be a lot easier on you to be on a cruise that long with a 4 month old rather than a toddler. I would think it would be hard to entertain a toddler for 17 days on a ship, but a 4 month old shouldn't be a problem. Although you probably won't get any relief, because I don't think they will take children that young into the children's program. Maybe you can hire a babysitter a couple of nights so you and your husband can have dinner alone? I think they do in-cabin babysitting for a fee.

We are planning on taking a transtlantic cruise in December with a 4 month old....

For the sake of the wee one's ears, please see an ENT (Otolaryngologist) first. That is a very long flight you will need to take in order to board a T-A back to the States. If all care and preparations are not made, your infant could suffer permanent hearing damage.

Not sure if they have a minimum age requirement for an infant on a TA cruise on Celebrity. As for the TA flight home- you should check with a pediatrician about the hearing issue. I have flown with infants and have not experienced crying. A pacifier is good for sucking during takeoff and landing or a bottle. It must help with the ears because neither of my kids cried for even a second.

I already read that on the Celeb website, I did find other posts though where they will look after a child under 6 months for two hours at 8.30 for late dinner. If not it's not a major problem, if the baby was not setteled we could eat dinner in the suite, hence the reason we are splurging out a bit and going for the RS. I think we've almost decided to go with Millie. On the Celeb website is shows the balcony as having a jacuzzi tub, does anyone know what this is like, ie is it big and is it heated?

Archived