Balconies on deck 6 and 7

Kruizefan

Are there any differences on balconies on deck 6 and 7?

From the outside it looks like that.

Are the rails on deck 6 more openly designed than on the other decks?

Hopefully you understand my question.

Thank you!

Peter

Peter –

The balconies get indeed deeper (longer) as you go from deck 8 to deck 6. I cannot comment on the position of the rails, not having sailed on decks 7 or 8. For some pix of the balcony on deck 6 please go to www.juergen.smugmug.com.

Jürgen,

thank you for your wonderful fotos.

But different to your cabin we have a reservation for a balcony stateroom on starboard deck 6. If we want to change we can go to deck 7.

But my impression is on deck 6 there are some rails with an open view and on deck 7 there is only one rail and a solid steel wall like you had in you aft cabin.

May that be wright?

Herzliche Grüße aus Hamburg

Peter

Jürgen,

But different to your cabin we have a reservation for a balcony stateroom on starboard deck 6. If we want to change we can go to deck 7.

Herzliche Grüße aus Hamburg

Peter

I would think they are the same as on the O ships

Deck 6&7 side cabins have the open rails

I would think they are the same as on the O ships

Deck 6&7 side cabins have the open rails

Thank you for your photo, but it shows the suites located to the aft.

The cabins in the center and to the bow look different.

Thank you

Peter

Thank you for your photo, but it shows the suites located to the aft.

The cabins in the center and to the bow look different.

Thank you

Peter

Check some of the other posts here ..."SPENGLE" posted some photos and there is one that shows the cabins more forward

http://picasaweb.google.com/spengle/NewYorkHarborAndStGeorgeSIsland

Keep looking you will find a photos of the ship

Maybe do a search in Webshots for Azamara or Oceania

Moin Peter –

Sorry, I thought I had understood your question. Usually, if there are questions concerning balcony size and/or rails, they refer to the six aft-facing center balconies. I agree with LHT28. Since the rails on the side are not a structural part of the ship, they are indeed open with rails only. Whether the forward balconies differ from the aft or center ones, I do not know.

In the words of JFK: Ich war ein Hamburger - until 1943.

Check some of the other posts here ..."SPENGLE" posted some photos and there is one that shows the cabins more forward

http://picasaweb.google.com/spengle/NewYorkHarborAndStGeorgeSIsland

Keep looking you will find a photos of the ship

Maybe do a search in Webshots for Azamara or Oceania

LHT 28 and Ask4Jay (Moin moin),

thank you for your help!

As you see on the attached photo the number of rails are really different.

I prefer the open balcony.

http://picasaweb.google.com/spengle/NewYorkHarborAndStGeorgeSIsland/photo#5073325747671248130

Regards

Peter

We were in "O's" Nautica last fall, on deck7. the section above the lifeboats had about a 18' solid rim before the open rail started. We were JUST aft of that, which was at the firewall division #7091. We had rail all the way to the deck. Picture looks like ALL the 7&8 decks have that lip. Cabins are same size so if you wish this open rail...take deck 6 to be sure!

We were in "O's" Nautica last fall' date=' on deck7. the section above the lifeboats had about a 18' solid rim before the open rail started. We were JUST aft of that, which was at the firewall division #7091. We had rail all the way to the deck. Picture looks like ALL the 7&8 decks have that lip. Cabins are same size so if you wish this open rail...take deck 6 to be sure![/quote']

Thank you, Napi´s Mom!

I´m just wondering if there may be any advantages to have a partly solid rim?

We will sail a TA on the Journey, so may be there is less wind?

Last year we´ve been on the Voyager otS where they have a totally solid rim, which we did not like, because we like more the open view from inside the cabin.

Sitting on the balcony it really doesn´t make a difference.

Regards

Peter

Hi,

We are on the Med cruise on the Journey next April and chose a cabin on deck 7 so we would be as high as possible without being below the pool deck. Now I'm begining to wonder if we should move down to deck 6.

We like to have the best view we can from inside the cabin and it looks like the 18 inches of solid rim would block some of that view. The opening on the balcony cabins on the Millennium class ships goes all the way to the floor and that's what we are used to.

On the other hand going into Venice down the grand canal it is nice to be as high as possible. Anybody got a blowtorch? :rolleyes:

John

Archived