Where was the beautiful area?

cwestbrook

Personally, I think Mo Bay was disgusting. It was the dirtiest port I've ever pulled into on a cruise ship. So, I know exactly where the OP is coming from on their question. Around the port, there is nothing beautiful at all.

Ocho Rios, on the other hand, is much more eye-appealing from the ship. Also, the zip-line tour in Ocho Rios ends in an awesome, lush trail through a manicured forest. I believe it was owned by the Chukka Cove people.

To the OP, feel free to click my webshots. I took several pictures in Ocho Rios last month.

I've stayed in Montego Bay twice and no, it isn't the prettiest place I've ever been. Hawaii is more beautiful and so is St Lucia and so is Turks and Caicos. But I've had some of the best weeks of my life in Jamaica and there is beauty there. So it does sound kind of rude to me to hear people calling it "dirty" and "disgusting".

Personally, I think if you are looking for beauty you will usually find it on or in the water.

But I've had some of the best weeks of my life in Jamaica and there is beauty there. So it does sound kind of rude to me to hear people calling it "dirty" and "disgusting".

I agree. Why is it that it's ok to bash Jamaica but those of us that are defending it are being called rude? :(

Doesn't make much sense to me! :confused:

I never called anyone rude, I felt we were being called rude for disagreeing, especially the comment about cruisers and tourists being the rudest of all in Jamaica

we never said a thing about the people of the country, just that it wasn't very pretty.

I never called anyone rude, I felt we were being called rude for disagreeing, especially the comment about cruisers and tourists being the rudest of all in Jamaica

we never said a thing about the people of the country, just that it wasn't very pretty.

I will have to go back and see where it said that the cruisers and tourist were the rudest of all in Jamaica.

I "jokingly" said sometimes the tourist are rude and I had a ;) after that but everyone knows darn well that tourist can be VERY, VERY rude, forgeting they are visitors to someone elses country.

So it does sound kind of rude to me to hear people calling it "dirty" and "disgusting".

I'm the one who used the word "disgusting." I'm not sure how it's considered rude to say that I think Mo Bay is disgusting. The port was dirty. The pier looked like it was falling apart. There was a dead horse laying on the side of the road right next to a KFC. These observations fit my definition of the word. I made no mention of the people, just of the atmosphere.

Archived