Transportation from BCN

We are 9 people that will need transportation from BCN to our hotel near Las Ramblas. I contacted our hotel and asked if they could arrange transportation but the cost was quite high. I am trying to find out if it is easy to get a taxi from the airport and what the approximate cost might be. I realize we would have to split up which is fine.

We were in the same predicament. There are 7 of us arriving at BCN and we would have had to take 2 taxis. I started looking for a transport service. I booked online www.world-airport-transfer.com. It's about $12 or so for each of us. It's probably more than a cab but after flying for 18 or more hours (including long layovers), a private company sounded better than fighting for a taxi and dragging luggage. Check it out and see if it sounds better for you.

What would the taxi fare be for two persons with 3-4 pieces of lugagge from BCN airport to hotel in downtown area? We arrive around 7:30 am local time-- Would we do better with a pick up arranged by our hotel in terms of safety & reliability..

When are you arriving? We are arriving June 22, next week. Can't wait! I have the vouchers for this company and it is $12 per person. I charged it to my cc so I don't have to have Euros for this which is nice after just arriving. I just hope they show up!:eek:

We were there two weeks ago. We went there very 'green'. We had no idea how much a cab would cost from the airport to the hotel (near Ramblas). As you walk out of the airport, there is a line of cabs and also private cab drivers that try to get you before you enter the 'cab line'. We unfortunately fell for this, and spent 45 euros on our ride (2 people, 3 heavy bags). Our friends, who came the next day spent under 30 (can't remember the exact cost) by using a cab with a timer. (ours did not have a timer). Also, they 'add' on to the final cost if your bags are unusually heavy.

• 3 weeks later...

We had a similar size group with LOTS of luggage (made even worse due to a huge, last minute hotel problem). Contact Juan Collado at Autos Vilar in BCN: 675-958-797, or 609-310-267. (www.autosvilar.com). He is excellent and will competently take care of any transportation needs you have in BCN. They also offer day tours.

Archived