Family Fun in Mobile, AL

Jacky4

We are cruising out of Mobile on Feb 08 and have a few questions for anyone familiar with the area. What is the weather like in February? Do the hotels open their outdoor pools in February? If the weather is usually cool does anyone know a kid friendly hotel with an indoor pool. We will have a car so it doesn't have to be right near the port. Are there any fun places to take kids ages 10 & 12 in the area. Any fun family restaurants, arcades, amusements...?

... What is the weather like in February?...

Howdy Jacky4! 50.gif

For the Daily Average stats, click here: http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/daily/USAL0371?climoMonth=2

Hope you and the family have a wonderful cruise!

Kat020105_emYA11_prv.gif

We are cruising out of Mobile on Feb 08 and have a few questions for anyone familiar with the area. What is the weather like in February? Do the hotels open their outdoor pools in February? If the weather is usually cool does anyone know a kid friendly hotel with an indoor pool. We will have a car so it doesn't have to be right near the port. Are there any fun places to take kids ages 10 & 12 in the area. Any fun family restaurants, arcades, amusements...?

You'll just miss Mardi Gras...it falls on Feb 5th in 2008. It will most likely be quite chilly...that's our coldest month of the year usually. Don't know about hotels with indoor pools but the Exploreum is right downtown and there's a lot for the kids to do there plus it has an Imax theatre. Also, just a mile or so east of downtown (through the tunnel and on the Causeway) is the battleship USS Alabama which is definitely worth visiting...the kids will love roaming the decks of that ship. All of the restaurants (seafood) on the Causeway are kid friendly. If they like pizza, I highly recommend Picklefish...it's downtown on the corner of Joachim and Dauphin streets.

Enjoy your cruise!

The weather in February can vary greatly. Sometimes it is 70, sometimes it is 30. I don't know about hotel pools. The Exploreum is very kid friendly; they have a website. I am not sure what it is. Just google Gulf Coast Exploreum. If you want to travel an hour away Pensacola has the Naval Air Museum for airplane/ military buffs. Gulf Shores has a lot of amusements, but I don't know if they are open in February. The Malbis exit on I-10 has a big, new "outdoor lifecenter." Lots of shops, restaurants, movies, etc. All of these are within 30 - 45 minutes to the port.

Definetley go to the Exploreum and the Imax. I love it and I'm 23...lots of fun! Before you drive to Pensacola, try the USS Alabama (on the bay, just off I-10 and like 5 minutes from downtown). There are also alot of museums and things downtown (Mardi Gras, Fire Fighters, etc.). Check out http://www.mobile.com and they'll have lots of listings. If you have any questions, I grew up here and could help!

Archived