'09 anyone ?

hcat

We are booked through Nov 08 so I have been browsing around. I noticed that Royal C. has itins up through '09-- none interest me, so we are looking at Celeb offerings.

Due other bookings we can't take Constellation to Scotland & Ireland in April 08--apprently a once yearly offering, but really would like that ship & itin for Aprill '09. Are there any educated guesses as to when these would be posted?...Does anyone know if that trip is sufficiently popular so as to be repeated?

Hi Hcat!

Cathy from Miami here, I'm the one who's on the same as you when it comes to cruising. Just got back a few weeks ago on the Summit's 13-night West Coast/Alaska cruise. This was the best cruise we've done so far.

If you haven't done it, you should consider it. We left out of San Pedro and ended in Vancouver with stops in San Francisco, Seattle, Victoria BC, Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Hubbard Glacier cruising and Sitka and ended in Vancover.

We did the Hawaii on the Summit in December as well, but personally I wouldn't do that one again. This Alaska cruise I would definately do again.

To answer to question to the 2009 sailings, Celebrity is still trying to get all their new ships scheduled.

I did see that the Celebrity Journey will be doing a Norwegian Fjords and cruise and a Ireland/Scotland itinerary you might want to consider. Check their website.

I'm also interested in doing it in the future and will probably do a back to back on it since I have to fly over there and it isn't cheap.

I think you will find that the Azamara itins will be a very nice with overnights in some ports. I looked at their Italy itin and it's very nice.

I'm doing the Liberty of the Seas in January 2008 (already booked) with 10 other friends we met crusing. Just have to see the monster ship at least once. I'm really waiting for the Solstice to come out in 2008 and I will definately be on it. Although I will wait a few months until it works out the kinks.

In 2009 I think I'm going to do the Canada/New England again. If the itin is right for me. I want to do Maine and Boston and two nights in Quebec. If they offer it I will book it.

We just did a Celebrity Suite on the Summit to Alaska and I'm spoiled. What a wonderful cabin. I know it's a bit pricey, but if you get it on a repo it's a lot cheaper.

Happy cruising.

To anwer the question... Itineraries for April 2008 through March 2009 were released 8 to 6 weeks ago, so I am afraid you will have to wait until Spring next year for the April 2009 through March 2010 itineraries!

Thanks for all the advice--hate to wait that long to book for April 09--I will certainly try the Journey website for their trip but suspect it will be too pricey..also in the North sea area I might prefer Constellation--just a bit bigger!

Archived