Mariner 7690 or 9690???

Just got off the Mariner and we stayed in 9690. Very nice balcony and very private and quiet. Not as big as the one next door, but we had no superstructure obstructions. I would reccomend it to anyone.

Did you have sun all day or some shade as well? I prefer to do a little sun and then more shade as the day heats up. We will be on the ship in January so the time of day the sun hits may be different than at this time of year.

Just got off the Mariner and we stayed in 9690. Very nice balcony and very private and quiet. Not as big as the one next door, but we had no superstructure obstructions. I would reccomend it to anyone.

Did you have one or two loungers on the balcony? I understand the balcony is a little smaller than the other aft ones.

We have stayed in 8690 and 7690. Both are great. Between the 9690 and 7690, I would choose 9690. Personally we always opt for the corner aft if we can get it. We do like the view better. The balcony is still large. 7690's balcony is larger. The framework doesn't distract too much and after the first day you get used to it.

Nightrider, 8690 had 1 lounger, 2 chairs, and a table when we arrived. We asked the steward to bring us an additional lounger. Around day 3, he did. We had to get creative to make it work. It was a tight fit (7690 would be able to handle it though). Next time we would not have the other lounger brought down. It is mostly sunny but, at times, you can find some shade out there.

Did you have one or two loungers on the balcony? I understand the balcony is a little smaller than the other aft ones.

The balcony is a bit smaller because it's triangle shaped. But on the Explorer I had two loungers, two chairs, and a small table.

Nightrider, 8690 had 1 lounger, 2 chairs, and a table when we arrived. We asked the steward to bring us an additional lounger. Around day 3, he did. We had to get creative to make it work. It was a tight fit (7690 would be able to handle it though). Next time we would not have the other lounger brought down. It is mostly sunny but, at times, you can find some shade out there.

danajjj, Thank you for that answer. It's our first cruise on Mariner and our first aft cabin.

9690 has one regular chair along with a small side table, a chair like lounger with a swing out footstool thing, and one normal deck lounger similar to the ones up on the pool decks.

The balcony was in sun about 2/3 of the time I would guess. We were on the eastern route and on the 2 day sail back my wife could not sit on the balcony since it was so hot. The sun was behind us and we had a tail wind so it was unbearable. The other days were fine, even in full sun because there was some sort of breeze.

The balcony was plenty big for the two of us. Could have had another couple out there without too much trouble, just did not have a 4th chair. Overall the balcony is about 1/2 size of the room next door, but that balcony is huge. I personally would not have booked the balcony room next to ours, it was way too shady the entire time.

9690 has one regular chair along with a small side table, a chair like lounger with a swing out footstool thing, and one normal deck lounger similar to the ones up on the pool decks.

The balcony was in sun about 2/3 of the time I would guess. We were on the eastern route and on the 2 day sail back my wife could not sit on the balcony since it was so hot. The sun was behind us and we had a tail wind so it was unbearable. The other days were fine, even in full sun because there was some sort of breeze.

The balcony was plenty big for the two of us. Could have had another couple out there without too much trouble, just did not have a 4th chair. Overall the balcony is about 1/2 size of the room next door, but that balcony is huge. I personally would not have booked the balcony room next to ours, it was way too shady the entire time.

Thanks for the info on the sun issue...2/3 of the time is a lot of sun for me, even in January it may be too hot. I was hoping for a little bit more shade. We will be on the Mariner in Sept so I will have to check it out 1st hand, hate to lose a corner aft balcony because of too much sun.

Archived