Mariner 7690 or 9690???

Ok all you CC Aft Cabin Guru's we currently have cabin 7690 booked for our Sept. Mariner cruise. It's an aft but not the corner(1 in from the corner) 9690 just came up on the RCCL website so I grabbed it with a 24 hour hold. Now I am hearing that the balcony on 9690 is not as big as the one I already have.... is there anyone who has stayed in either one who can help me decide which one to keep?? It will be my sister's 1st cruise with a balcony & I'd like to really make it a WOW experience!!

Thanks.........

Ok all you CC Aft Cabin Guru's we currently have cabin 7690 booked for our Sept. Mariner cruise. It's an aft but not the corner(1 in from the corner) 9690 just came up on the RCCL website so I grabbed it with a 24 hour hold. Now I am hearing that the balcony on 9690 is not as big as the one I already have.... is there anyone who has stayed in either one who can help me decide which one to keep?? It will be my sister's 1st cruise with a balcony & I'd like to really make it a WOW experience!!

Thanks.........

I can't exactly answer your question but just used this website to make my cabin selection.

http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voyagerclass/virtualtour/aft/aftFR.html

If you move your mouse over the photo of the ship it is interactive. You choose your deck and click on the particular cabin( they are marked on a diagram that pops up). There are photos taken on the different balconys showing the views and size, etc. I hope this helps.

Thanks.........

7690 is a larger balcony but the view is a bit more obstructed. 9690 has an unobstructed view and the balcony is still bigger than standard balconies.

If it's wow you want, go with 7690 for the bigger balcony. However, 9690 has a completely unobstructed view of both aft and side. As you probably know, metal structural bars criss-cross the view on the aft cabins not in the corners. We've had both, and it is hard to say which we like best. 9690 also does not have a sliding glass door, but a regular door with the top half glass. There is also a huge "porthole" type window looking out over the balcony. It's big enough to sit in.

Donna, thanks for the web site that was great!! Think I am going to make the switch to 9690.. I'm afraid the view from 7690 is going to remind me more of a construction site than a nice water view.....

Donna, thanks for the web site that was great!! Think I am going to make the switch to 9690.. I'm afraid the view from 7690 is going to remind me more of a construction site than a nice water view.....

I'm glad that was helpful to you. I had picked out a regular side balcony but had the TA check for AFT availability she came back with a couple of cabin choices. I found this site and it really helped me to see photos of the actual balconies. I got 7688 port corner aft - obstructed somewhat to the aft but a clear Port view with oversized balcony that should be great for our Southern Itinerary when coming into port. Have a great trip!

KC, When will you be sailing? We just booked cabin 9390 for an Eastern Caribbean cruise in October of 2008. We also checked out the photos and thought that this would be a cabin that we could enjoy.

We will be sailing on the Western route Sept 9, 2007.....can't wait, it's our first big ship

We will be sailing on the Western route Sept 9, 2007.....can't wait, it's our first big ship

KC, You will love the Mariner of the Seas. She is absolutely beautiful. The promenade is something to see. We are envious, since we will be waiting until October of 08 before we are onboard her again.:( If you remember, come back here and post a couple of photos of your cabin, as well as a review. We will keep an eye on this thread. Have fun, and be sure to explore the Mariner's many areas. Tip: some evening, go up to "Ellington's" for a drink. The view is tremendous. Enjoy your cruise. But then, again, we know that you will.:)

Click my webshots and look at the Explorer album from last month. I stayed in 9690. There are lots of pictures taken in the room and balcony. After all the pics is one pic from a deck 7 balcony. You'll see what I mean by the view.

The balcony may be smaller than 7690, but there is no metal framework obstruction. On the deck 7 balcony, you cannot look down at the water.

Paul, thanks for the pictures, they are GREAT!! I was disappointed to see the shower curtain though, was kind of hoping we had the shower door. Oh well, no big deal.........

Hi Karen

We are on the same cruise as you - we are in 7258, so if you are up for hanging out with a couple of aussies - do deck 7! this is also our first time on a big cruise, our last cruise was on a P & O ship in south east asia, so very excited about this!

There is a roll call going as well not sure if you have logged into there or not?

I've heard great things about the Mariner and am getting more excited by the day!

Cheers

Amanda

Paul, thanks for the pictures, they are GREAT!! I was disappointed to see the shower curtain though, was kind of hoping we had the shower door. Oh well, no big deal.........

I assure you there are not shower curtains on the Mariner or the Explorer! :p

Karen, like jep617 said, it's not a curtain. It's a curved, sliding door.

Hey MusiCruiser We have 9690 on the same cruise as you. I'm sure we will see you in the hallway. We have a roll call going why don't you come join in. The more the merrier.

Fanofseas: we just returned from a week and a half in the Daytona Beach and Kissimmee areas. We drove our son and daughter down to Port Canaveral to see the Mariner. They were amazed at the size of the ship, but they don't want to get excited yet. They think it is too soon, with the cruise over a year away. (Kids, what do they know?) My wife and I were thrilled to see the Mariner again. We absolutely loved our cruise for our 30th Anniversary, and can't wait until we are back aboard the Mariner. We'll try to meet at the Meet&Mingle, if they have one on the sailing. We met some wonderful people on our first cruise, and look forward to meeting more on the next.

We just got back from the Mariner in Cabins 7688 and 7690. Our boys were in 7690 - it was a good cabin - the balcony was big with 2 lounge chairs and 2 regular chairs - plenty of sun and shade - depending on the direction the ship was heading. The obstruction was not bad at all - we would chose that cabin/balcony again!

Just got off the Mariner and we stayed in 9690. Very nice balcony and very private and quiet. Not as big as the one next door, but we had no superstructure obstructions. I would reccomend it to anyone.

Thanks for all the info on our cabin, glad to hear it has the shower door rather than a curtain!!;)

Mands, look up from your balcony & we'll wave to you........

We will probably decorate the balcony too, just for the fun of it!!

Can't wait, 9 more weeks!

Archived