Photos! and Review Serenade-Alaska 05/12/07

Very few kids because school was still in session most places. Headliner was the gentleman who wrote the Happy Days theme song. Sorry, we don't attend too many shows anymore. The Movies change every month. We watched "Click" and one other one. You can check: http://www.seamovies.com/ for an idea of the movies that might be available on your cruise. :D

Loved your pics & Bill's remarks. Boy does he study his itinerary! Saw stuff I totally missed last Sept. Knew I needed to go back! Patience Patti..you only had this posted about 20 min! Hope you put it on the Alaska board. Looks like Mama had a great time & she looks great. Think you said she reads the boards so "Hi Mom"! Such a DD! :)

Terrific review - great pics. The snow in the background started to get my vertigo going but I stopped looking and copied and printed off your review.

We will be on the SOS next June for our Alaska adventure.

Thanks for the review! I'm sailing the Serenade May 2008, so I'm excited to read all the reviews as they come back this summer.

I noticed you were in cabin 9076. Did you enjoy it? That's the one I chose, since there will be three of us sharing it and I liked the idea of the larger balcony. I'd be interested in any info you have on it!

I was on the Serenade the week before your cruise. I think the same John and Carol were on my cruise, and stayed on for the Alaska portion. I had a martini or two in the Schooner with Rudy baby.(that's what he called himself):D I was also on the Serenade last August, and enjoyed seeing and talking with the same crew this year. :)

Your photos are great! I would love to be on that beautiful ship right now! Thanks for sharing!!!

Thank you for the kind critiques everyone! I always try to make it more than just a picture slide show. It helps me remember too :rolleyes: (gettin old can be a pain!)

I'm seriously thinking about taking the laptop with me next year (14D Repo through Panama Canal in April) so I can get it down in "print" on a daily (or so) basis.

Well...if there are no comments or questions, then I guess it will just fade away. We thought this season's Alaska cruisers might be interested. LOL:D

Wonderful set up. Thanks for sharing.

I have a question!! How long did you stay at Hubbard? I went May 26-June 2 and when we were there on Serenade, we only went it, turned around and left! :( I heard as much happened to other ppl so far this season too but was wondering about another Serenader. We were disappointed by this. Even if we couldn't get any closer, it would have been nice to have stayed for a while like we were told (9-1 Glacier viewing).

I'm off with my family on the Serenade of the Seas to Alaskan as well in August. Has anyone done this cruise in August and what is the weather like at that time of year? My sister went in early July last year and stated that the weather was cool only while at sea. On land it was quite warm and she said to dress in layers. I am a first time cruiser so and really excited about going.

I went last August, and dressed in layers. The weather at the Hubbard was beautiful, with clear, blue skies!!! :) Our only "bad" day was in Juneau, which was rainy and cold.(the wind was blowing the rain sideways):eek: We opted to stay onboard.:( I loved Alaska and plan to return someday...

Wonderful set up. Thanks for sharing.

I have a question!! How long did you stay at Hubbard? I went May 26-June 2 and when we were there on Serenade, we only went it, turned around and left! :( I heard as much happened to other ppl so far this season too but was wondering about another Serenader. We were disappointed by this. Even if we couldn't get any closer, it would have been nice to have stayed for a while like we were told (9-1 Glacier viewing).

We were a little disappointed as well. We arrived by 9 AM and probably stayed about an hour or less. We couldn't get very close because there was so much ice in the water. No calving because it was so early in the season and early in the day.

I don't know what the circumstances were...we passed Celebrity going in as we were leaving, so they had a later viewing than we did. Did you have Captain Stig also? I just had a little bit higher expectations, I guess. :)

Hi Patti & Bill,

Great review and pictures! You sure did a good job, that must have taken you awhile and we sure appreciated reading the review and checking out your pictures. Makes us a little homesick for the Serenade. We certainly had a great time on the cruise and it was fun partying with you both throughout the week. We definitely have to reconnect on a future cruise. Take care and thanks for doing the review!

Colleen (& Doug)

Hi Colleen. Thank you. We really enjoyed meeting you both, and had a great time. Maybe on another cruise!:D

I don't know what the Captain status is. We heard that Capt. George was supposed to be returning in a few weeks. It doesn't sound like that has occurred. We had Capt. George in Hawaii and he is fabulous and fun! We didn't have him but we were really hoping for Capt. George's "Cowabunga we have whales!" announcements.

Captain Stig is OK and very professional....."We can expect that we will see whales at 6 O'clock this evening." (Of course we saw them at various times without announcements) LOL:D

Archived