Suggestions for how to get the best price

DivineDivia

Some TA's will get you room credits. I have seen them from $50 to $300 per room, depending on the cruise you pick.

That room credit is applied to anything you purchase on board or any excursions you book. They will take the room credit off your total bill.

No real sales out there either way.

Florida reidents can sometimes get a discount.

we have always booked direct with DCL, just because if you have a problem or question it is resolved immediately where with a TA you often have to wait to get an answer.

Then if you rebook while on board you will bet 10% off plus a room credit. The amount depends on the cruise you take.

The farther out you can book the less you will pay too. we try to book 15 to 18 months out and then we watch the price creep up and see how much we saved by booking early.

mom x4,grandma x4

• 2 weeks later...

Also, you won't have any hope to get a free gift or credit from your TA. I searched all the online places and got it down really good. (If you can do that with disney ever), Also, I did get a credit with them If you have a Disney Visa card and book your deposit and final payment you get a $25 0r $50 credit onboard plus points for disney dollars.

So look around......Even Disney doesn't keep the secret porthole rooms other agencies have them.

Julie

Also, you won't have any hope to get a free gift or credit from your TA. I searched all the online places and got it down really good. (If you can do that with disney ever), Also, I did get a credit with them If you have a Disney Visa card and book your deposit and final payment you get a $25 0r $50 credit onboard plus points for disney dollars.

So look around......Even Disney doesn't keep the secret porthole rooms other agencies have them.

Julie

That is a ridiculous statement, I just booked a sph cabin for a client directly on disney's travel agent website, plus every ta knows that if you book online with disney then you get an automotic 25.00 credit for your client but any joe can do that themselfs. The price is the same for a consumer or a TA wit disney unless the travel agent is rebating part of their comission. Also EVERY past passanger on DCL gets an automatic gift just for being a castaway club member. I am upfront and honest with my clients, probably why they book with me, I don't try to drum up business by saying things that are untrue:(

My travel agent basically charges what Diseny does, I use her because she will hunt down the least expensive week or combination for us but it is the same price disney gives. She always gives us a gift or an extra onboard credit or something but mostly I use her because I would rather she handle all the hours on hold etc. She gives us her cell phone and home phone so I can always reach her. But as for deals I don't think there are any real deals with disney except a good deal of fun:D

We booked a Feb. 08 7-day cruise while onboard in Feb. 07 in Cat 5. We got a rate of $4478 with a $200 onboard credit. Upon returning home, I got quotes via a service where different agents bid for your business. The 2 quotes I got were identical at $4923. One difference was that one was as is, the other added a $300 credit plus a 7% discount if paid by the end of the month. Now the cheapest Cat. 5 on DCL website is $5495.

We just booked our Wonder cruise with a TA that had group space available. We saved about $400 over what Disney's and other.TA's price.
You won't know whether you saved any money until your cruise is finished. You took what the TA had to offer, and now the apple's are being compared to orange's, and lack of options. And how many person's are we? Cabin selection is important, relative to the motion of the ship. Dinning options are also nice. The date of your cruise is also important. Saved $400, from what price? We, the two of us, cruise in Sept, Oct, and save $2,500-3200 compared to a July 4th., or Christmas week rate. What you might think you are saving, depends on alot of things. Not just the price of a cruise. Metrowon

Hello:

I know some cruise lines do not allow TAs to discount their fares, is this true for DCL? Is it best to book directly through the DCL website? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Figure out what date you want to go, and go from there. You may save on your own air plan. You may save on your own tranfers to and from the ship. There are so many factors to consider? Direct works for me! Knowledgeable staff, and options. Best thing I can tell you is, I've never seen a deragotory about a TA. on this forum. Only positives on the way in. Ship-board dissapiontments, about TA's, I've heard. Just make sure all things re the same, and then decide. Advertised prices are that. Advertised! Fine print! Metrowon

Things that look too good to be true usually are. That shipboard credit is pretty high and to rebate upfront seven percent sounds pretty fishy like the company is having money troubles. Plus that price may be based on them being able to sell out all their group space they blocked if they don't you could have a whole bees nest of problems, I will stick with my "get you the best deal I can" TA. Never the moon and the stars but never any problems- and when I ran into problems that had nothing to do with her at all SHE fixed them for ME on a weekend.

We booked a Feb. 08 7-day cruise while onboard in Feb. 07 in Cat 5. We got a rate of $4478 with a $200 onboard credit. Upon returning home, I got quotes via a service where different agents bid for your business. The 2 quotes I got were identical at $4923. One difference was that one was as is, the other added a $300 credit plus a 7% discount if paid by the end of the month. Now the cheapest Cat. 5 on DCL website is $5495.

I would be very cautious about this "deal" even if an agency blocked a huge amount of group space and used their amenity points for credits they would not be 300.00 per cabin.

In order to give you that credit they must rebate part of their comission. Then to discount you a further 7 percent logically does not compute.(besides the fact it is not allowed by Disney to discount)

Top producer agencies earn 16 percent commission from disney on the cruise only portion of the package, that means net of ncf, port charges, taxes etc.

So assuming the net portion of your cruise was 4000.00 the agency would get a comission of 787.68 take away 300.00 for the shipboard credit and the agency makes 487.68. On top of that they area also going to give you seven percent of the total amount which is 344.61 which would leave the agency a profit of 143.07???

You better make sure that your pricing is also not contingent on them selling out a huge group block. Lots of people have been charged back at the end when group space does not sell.

I would be very cautious about this "deal" even if an agency blocked a huge amount of group space and used their amenity points for credits they would not be 300.00 per cabin.

In order to give you that credit they must rebate part of their comission. Then to discount you a further 7 percent logically does not compute.(besides the fact it is not allowed by Disney to discount)

Top producer agencies earn 16 percent commission from disney on the cruise only portion of the package, that means net of ncf, port charges, taxes etc.

So assuming the net portion of your cruise was 4000.00 the agency would get a comission of 787.68 take away 300.00 for the shipboard credit and the agency makes 487.68. On top of that they area also going to give you seven percent of the total amount which is 344.61 which would leave the agency a profit of 143.07???

You better make sure that your pricing is also not contingent on them selling out a huge group block. Lots of people have been charged back at the end when group space does not sell.

No, guys, don't worry. That very first price is one I got onboard the Magic from DCL. We're booked directly through them. I just wanted to see if I could get a yet better deal. I couldn't. I just wanted to share what offers I did get using the unnamable (per CC rules) website actually mentioned in the post preceding this one.

The best deal was directly from Disney booked onboard.

You won't know whether you saved any money until your cruise is finished. You took what the TA had to offer, and now the apple's are being compared to orange's, and lack of options. And how many person's are we? Cabin selection is important, relative to the motion of the ship. Dinning options are also nice. The date of your cruise is also important. Saved $400, from what price? We, the two of us, cruise in Sept, Oct, and save $2,500-3200 compared to a July 4th., or Christmas week rate. What you might think you are saving, depends on alot of things. Not just the price of a cruise. Metrowon

We are sailing next May and booked a category 4 with early dining. We're very pleased with our cabin number. We received several quotes from different TA's and there were all the same, give or take a couple of OBC's. We booked with a very widely known agency and I'm quite happy with our price.

Nobbi,

Just curious about a couple of things; What's a 'Cat 5?' The price you booked was for how many people and what does it include?

I haven't checked Disney's site for a while, but every time I price out cabins comparable to what we normally choose, Disney's prices are :rolleyes:

Nobbi,

Just curious about a couple of things; What's a 'Cat 5?' The price you booked was for how many people and what does it include? :rolleyes:

Category 5 and 6 - There is very little difference between these two stateroom classes. And for that matter, the only major difference between cat 5's and cat 4's is about 30 square feet at the end of the cabin towards the verandah. Category 5 and 6 staterooms will sleep up to 4 people, contain 1 bathroom (separated) and other standard amenities.

Iv read the difference between a 5 and a 6 is which deck its on. It is a standard veranda. The biggest balconies are in the aft, but they have metal so small children cannot see thru them, the rest of them are plexiglass.

There are some "secret" 7s, which are partially obtructed which used to be 6s, but because of being partially obstructed you can now get for a cat 7 price.

The regular 7s, have a balcony with just a big port hole, the balcony is not fully open except for the obstructed cabins that used to be 6s.

(see how much Im learning....been reading about Disney a LOT since I booked). lol

Im also thinking of getting a copy of the cruise version of Passporter.

Nope you are confused.

Catagory five and six are totally identical, the only difference is the cat 5's are one deck higher, the cat 4's are the ones that are three feet longer to allow for the murphy bed.

Also the reclassified 7's are both cat 5's and sixes they are on both decks, just like the cat 10 secret portholes- most TA's know about them

When to get the best price. When the kids are out of school they prices are at the highest. Last year we went mid Oct our aniv no kids. We spent 2 nights at Pop and did the water park and the Haloween party. We did have a catg 6 and in Feb did a catg 12 guarantee ended up with 11 and that was fine. For next Oct we will do the double dip with an inside guarantee for around $1600 plus I get $200 onbaord credit and TA will give us $100 credit.

Lexi

Nope you are confused.

Catagory five and six are totally identical, the only difference is the cat 5's are one deck higher, the cat 4's are the ones that are three feet longer to allow for the murphy bed.

Also the reclassified 7's are both cat 5's and sixes they are on both decks, just like the cat 10 secret portholes- most TA's know about them

lmao :rolleyes: the quote that you are saying you disagree with was from this site. It was a copy and paste.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/cr-staterooms.htm#cat

I did say below the quote I copied that Iv heard that the 5 and 6s are the same (identical) the only difference was which deck they are on. The wording you are disagreeing with wasnt mine. I knew they were the same.

I didnt know that the reclassified 7s, were also previously some 5s, not just 6s, see I learned something else new.

Nobbi,

Just curious about a couple of things; What's a 'Cat 5?' The price you booked was for how many people and what does it include?

I haven't checked Disney's site for a while, but every time I price out cabins comparable to what we normally choose, Disney's prices are :rolleyes:

The category question has been answered above. The price was for two. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Julie

I don't know where you get your information from....thin air? We've used TA's for all of our DCL trips and have received very good pricing(I think), OBC($300) and unexpected Stateroom gifts as well. She's always available to answer my questions and concerns.

Archived