PRE/POST Hotel Recommendation?

almtyrob

we stayed at the 1898 hotel on the Ramblas. They hahe a heated pool on the roof which was quite pleasant after pounding the sidewalk all day. There are several breakfast places a short walk from the hotel. Service was excellent. There is pool in basement also. We would stay there again

Try the Rome Airport Hilton. The best thing about it is that you can walk directly from the terminal/ Also they have a terrific breakfast buffet so try to get it included in your rate.

In Barcelona try the Majestic. It's right in the heart of everything and makes walking easy. Plus it's a lovely property.

We stayed at the Rome Airport Hilton in October and loved it. The rooms are very large and very clean. It was our honeymoon and they gave us a complimentary bottle of champagne. They have a walkway to the airport which is very convenient.

Thanks for the suggestions. As usual CC members are a wealth of information. I have booked the Hilton at Rome Airport....is the walk to the terminal easy enough to drag 10 days worth of cruise baggage or do you grab a taxi?

I will look into the Barcelona suggestions.

Thank you..

Rob:)

Assuming you have luggage on wheels it should be no problem. I was recently on a 32 day cruise and managed to roll my stuff. No need for a taxi. Again, make you you get breakfast included in your rate.

Hi!

We have stayed at this hotel twice and will be staying there in Sept.

Use the luggage carts at the airport to transport your luggage. Also, the hotel offers a free shuttle to and from the airport if you don't want to transport your luggage in a cart. The hotel also has a complimentary shuttle into Rome which runs about 5 times a day. The hotel is very clean and modern. Book the hotel with breakfast and if you wish dinner as well.

In Barcelona, we have stayed at Le Meriden which was quite pricey and at the Apsis Atrium Hotel which is a huge bargain. It is near Placa Cat. and offers free internet, free soft drinks and can be booked with breakfast. It is a modern hotel which books up very quickly since several cruiselines use it. The staff is extremely helpful and pleasant!

Rhea

I always suggest Hotel Colon..across from the cathedral and 5 minute walk to Las Ramblas..I have stayed there many times and love it!!

Jan

I agree. We stayed there last November and enjoyed it very much. Great location.

you do do not book thru Oceania...they will rape you on the cost and value.

If you WILLINGLY book through "O", how in the world could that possibly be considered rape?

Which level of room should I consider for Hotel Colon. I spoke to them yesterday & they will have their room rates for May '08 available on July 31st. They were very pleasant & friendly & spoke wonderful english. I am considering this hotel:)

Archived