Proof of Residency for Child

Wow, I bet the State of California would be less than thrilled to hear that RCCL won't accept California's official ID as valid! Heck, even the State department accepts state IDs as one form of ID for a passport! I think you are good with the letter from the school addressed to her. You could always resort to the American way and threaten to sue RCCL and the peir agent if they refuse! :D Just kidding folks!

Yes, I know that there's a blurb about state residency. They show it everywhere. However, since a 12 year old is not going be booking a cruise on her own, that doesn't apply, and one must look elsewhere for the info. And the ONLY info they are asking for from a 12 year old is what I quoted.

So, have you had actual experience with this or are you just guessing?

I mean, everyone has oppinions, this board is full of them. I think myself and the original poster however are looking for something more solid than someone's hunch about what they think will happen.

I have just received my cruise docs in the mail. They have a big red sticker on the front drawing my attention to the Price Program Restrictions page which reads:

...at least one guest per stateroom be eligible to be consedered in compliance..

...proof of compliance will be reequired during check in formalities on the day of boarding and must be in the form of a government issued identification card.

Needless to say, I'm nervous.

I have just received my cruise docs in the mail. They have a big red sticker on the front drawing my attention to the Price Program Restrictions page which reads:

...at least one guest per stateroom be eligible to be consedered in compliance..

...proof of compliance will be reequired during check in formalities on the day of boarding and must be in the form of a government issued identification card.

Needless to say, I'm nervous.

Our docs had the same red sticker for our Mariner cruise two weeks ago and we did not have to show our license, we checked in with passports. We did have licenses to prove our residency but were never asked for them.

Only one person per cabin is required to justify a rate (senior, residency, military).

Exactly right. I am surprised that it took this many posts for someone to post the correct answer to the OP's question. :)

Guest nhrich
Exactly right. I am surprised that it took this many posts for someone to post the correct answer to the OP's question. :)

True, but the daughter is in a cabin with the niece who is NOT a CA resident.

We have an issue where our two children will be staying in an adjoining cablin. In case it will be required, we are going to have state issued IDs made at the local DMV (~$5-6). This is a walk up service. Not sure if it is this easy in your state!

I thought about a state ID card. (Cus. Serv guy said EVEN that may not be accepted as it's not a DRIVERS LICENSE!)

That's an odd thing to say since a state issued ID is essentially a driver's license with the privilege to drive removed.:rolleyes:

Or to put it another way, a government issued ID is a government issued ID.

I'm thinking too much today. When I first put my kids in school, the school wanted things like current utility bills for proof of residency, not driver's licenses. Hrm.

I do have an appt with our local DMV for July 6th. She is out of the country with her dad until July 4th and the 6th was the first avail appt I could get. (Didn't want to just go down there as it is a very busy office.) I don't know if we will get the actual ID that day. I'm not expecting to as the drivers licenses are mailed. Anyway the TA suggested to take the receipt with the other proof I am taking.That shows she does have an id.

As for the report card, it doesn't show address/city or state. My kids go to a private school and the elementary report card is a hand written type. Has the name/logo and then the grades. The jr.high/high school where my son goes is computer generated and has the city/state on it. I have saved her envelope that the report card came in as it does have the school address on that.

As another posted stated, they weren't checked when they had a residency rate. I'm hoping that will be the same for me. We leave on July 15th so we will see!

That's an odd thing to say since a state issued ID is essentially a driver's license with the privilege to drive removed.:rolleyes:

Or to put it another way, a government issued ID is a government issued ID.

I'm thinking too much today. When I first put my kids in school, the school wanted things like current utility bills for proof of residency, not driver's licenses. Hrm.

I agree ... the guy at customer service was just reading what is written in his book. He even asked his supervisor, or so he said. The doc booklet didn't say drivers license, it did say government issued, so the ID card should be fine!

Archived