Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

Hi All

Well i have finally finished reading this very large thread and really enjoyed it. We are very excited that Radiance is coming to Australia as it looks to be a beautiful ship. I have booked a 2 night girls weekend on her for November and we are in an oceanview on deck 4. I am now looking to book March 2012 to the South Pacific and we would like a balcony cabin. From reading this thread aft balcony cabins seem the go unfortunately there is only seems to be 2 left for that sailing. As a i am cruising with a large group of family and we will need to book more than 2 balcony cabins. I saw pictures on here of the balcony cabins that stick out and that they can see towards the front and the back. Does that mean there is no privacey on your balcony if you book a starboard side or port side? What is the difference between a D2 and an E3? Princess has movies under the stars, does Radiance show movies?

Thanks Tania :)

Thanks so much for the video! It was great. Identical to the balcony cabin we had on the Jewel which was on the port side, but the balcony being so much bigger is the key!

Was surprised that the Radiance still has those "clingy" (yuck :( ) shower curtains. The Jewel has same shower, but a nice round solid set of plexiglass sliding shower doors. Maybe will be changed during dry dock in May....hopefully.

Yes, we hate those curtains but the showers with doors look like they were installed as a whole unit with the doors, so it would be a huge job to put doors on afterward. Too bad...

Well after reading through this thread I am really excited about our upcoming cruise on Radiance. We will be on the Hawaii to Sydney voyage in September....Deck 7.

Hi there and welcome to Cruise Critic. I'm glad that you enjoyed reading this thread about our most favorite ship.

Please stop by Radiance 9/27/2011 Hawaii to Australia the roll call for the cruise you are booked on and introduce yourself. Also, don't forget to Register to attend a Meet & Mingle Party for the September 27th cruise. They really are a lot of fun and it's nice to finally meet the folks that you've been chatting with for many months.

We have a great group of people that can answer any and all questions as there are some of us that actually call Radiance our home away from home!

Hope to add you to our roll call list.

Just got off the Radiance today after my 1st cruise. I'm already planning my 2nd. Loved the Radiance so much. The staff was sooooo nice, the activities were fun. The mattress in our room (8574) was so comfortable.(which I was not expecting) Our room attendant, Dale, was amazing. It seemed people couldn't do enough for us. I really enjoyed the food in the MDR. Windjammers was ok, average buffet food but good enough. We ate at Chops 1 night and had the best steak of my life! Definitely worth the extra

I worried about getting sea sick but it was smooth sailing the whole way, I barely felt anything except one night in the Colony Club (in the Aft) it was really shaking and I still didn't feel sick. I spent the days at sea up by the sky bar or by the pool. The Solarium was nice but I wanted to be out breathing in fresh sea air. We didn't go to any shows. We had late seating dinner and usually took a short nap and then headed out for a pre dinner drink or two. Fun dance party by the pool one night and midnight Mexican Buffet. Cozumel was fun. It was my hubby's B-day and everywhere we went people insisted on buying him shots of Tequila.

The guy who plays Piano night in the Schooner bar, Kelly is his name I think, was awesome!! He was packed every night and really had the crowd going. I met so many nice people. It seemed everyone was happy & just wanting to have a good time. We got lucky and had great table mates at dinner (Hi Kerry if you read this). Our Waiter Edwin was the best!

I tried to take it all in and savor it, I didn't want the cruise to end. I think the Radiance is a gorgeous ship & would definitely sail her again!

Patti--

See, I was able to find my way here!:D Now all I need to do is read all 191 pages.

As for the shower curtains, I prefer the sliding panels but just consider the curtain to be my new best friend.

Frank in cool and clear SBA:cool:

Patti--

See, I was able to find my way here!:D Now all I need to do is read all 191 pages.

As for the shower curtains, I prefer the sliding panels but just consider the curtain to be my new best friend.

Frank in cool and clear SBA:cool:

LOL You never knew about this thread??:eek: And you cruised all the way from Buenos Aries to San Diego!!

Hi! Is anyone familiar with balcony cabin 9032 on deck 9? This will be our first time on a RC ship. It appears that our balcony is a somewhat odd shape....I also wonder if this location is ok in terms of calm/non-seasick movement? Thanks.

We had this cabin last year and the balcony is exceptionally small, and the room is a bit smaller also. It looks to be the same size on the floor plans but we didn't have room for a couch--we had an oversized chair that only one person could sit on. I would try really hard to get another room if I were you--in 26 cruises that we've taken, its the only time we've been really disappointed in a room.

Linda (and C. D.)

We had this cabin last year and the balcony is exceptionally small, and the room is a bit smaller also. It looks to be the same size on the floor plans but we didn't have room for a couch--we had an oversized chair that only one person could sit on. I would try really hard to get another room if I were you--in 26 cruises that we've taken, its the only time we've been really disappointed in a room.

Linda (and C. D.)

WOW!

I just realized how important threads like these are. :eek:

Hi

I am so glad you enjoyed the Radiance as we are now planning a 12 night on her to the South Pacific when she comes to Australia. As we have loved cruising with Princess and never cruised with RCCL i have a few questions.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner is included in price but what about pizza or hamburgers etc?

How did you pay your gratuities? We are planning on second seating in the dining room so do we add to the cost of our ticket?

room service- what do you pay for?

Sorry for the questions but trying a new cruise line comes with lots of questions. I am still trying to work out the difference between D2 and E3 cabins.:confused:

If you can help with anything it would be much appreciated

Thanks Tania

Hi

I am so glad you enjoyed the Radiance as we are now planning a 12 night on her to the South Pacific when she comes to Australia. As we have loved cruising with Princess and never cruised with RCCL i have a few questions.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner is included in price but what about pizza or hamburgers etc? Yes, these are offered without cost in the Windjammer buffet restaurant and at other dining venues onboard but some of the other restaurants, like the Seaview Cafe and Pizzeria will be changing later this Spring.

How did you pay your gratuities? We are planning on second seating in the dining room so do we add to the cost of our ticket? They can be added to ship board account.

room service- what do you pay for? There is a service charge of $3.95 for night time, midnight to 5am, deliveries.

Sorry for the questions but trying a new cruise line comes with lots of questions. I am still trying to work out the difference between D2 and E3 cabins.:confused: Cat. E3 on deck 7 overlook the lifeboat cover as shown in the shot below and the deck 8 hump ones have a smaller balcony. Cat. D2 are the same as a D1 but are not connecting nor can accommodate more than 2 in a cabin.

Thanks Tania

RadBalE3a.jpg

Hope this answers a few questions. . . . .

Hi

Breakfast, lunch and dinner is included in price but what about pizza or hamburgers etc? All Free

How did you pay your gratuities? We are planning on second seating in the dining room so do we add to the cost of our ticket?There is no additional cost for second seating dining. Just specialty restaurants.

room service- what do you pay for? Food is free, though it is appropriate to tip the server. Beverages are the same price as elsewhere on ship... Coffee is free, but you will be charged for a soda or a beer.

Sorry for the questions but trying a new cruise line comes with lots of questions. I am still trying to work out the difference between D2 and E3 cabins.:confused:

Thanks Tania

HI

Thanks for answering my questions, that is an intersting photo. Maybe i should go for the D2 cabins. It is exciting thinking about a new cruiseline and experiencing all the new things that a different ship has to offer. Plus as i am the family organiser everyone is following my lead. Our cruise that finished last week i had to organise 16 people for activities and i like people to have a great time.

Thanks for all your help

Tania:)

Tania, though folks look silly this photo shows the AFT section of E 3 balconies on deck 7...you can see the cover in the background

Notice how these balconies extend beyond the panels for a very large area.....

24fmi9w.jpg

Where's the shot Ginny?

How are you and Alan doing? I just sent you an email.

Ginny I found this link to your picture when checking your post using the edit function but it appears not to be working. What is really strange is that I'm not getting any error message, it just won't go to that website. It is probably a server problen at tinypic.

http://oi51.tinypic.com/24fmi9w.jpg"]http://oi51.tinypic.com/24fmi9w.jpg

Just got off the Radiance today after my 1st cruise. I'm already planning my 2nd. Loved the Radiance so much. The staff was sooooo nice, the activities were fun. The mattress in our room (8574) was so comfortable.(which I was not expecting) Our room attendant, Dale, was amazing. It seemed people couldn't do enough for us. I really enjoyed the food in the MDR. Windjammers was ok, average buffet food but good enough. We ate at Chops 1 night and had the best steak of my life! Definitely worth the extra

I worried about getting sea sick but it was smooth sailing the whole way, I barely felt anything except one night in the Colony Club (in the Aft) it was really shaking and I still didn't feel sick. I spent the days at sea up by the sky bar or by the pool. The Solarium was nice but I wanted to be out breathing in fresh sea air. We didn't go to any shows. We had late seating dinner and usually took a short nap and then headed out for a pre dinner drink or two. Fun dance party by the pool one night and midnight Mexican Buffet. Cozumel was fun. It was my hubby's B-day and everywhere we went people insisted on buying him shots of Tequila.

The guy who plays Piano night in the Schooner bar, Kelly is his name I think, was awesome!! He was packed every night and really had the crowd going. I met so many nice people. It seemed everyone was happy & just wanting to have a good time. We got lucky and had great table mates at dinner (Hi Kerry if you read this). Our Waiter Edwin was the best!

I tried to take it all in and savor it, I didn't want the cruise to end. I think the Radiance is a gorgeous ship & would definitely sail her again!

Hi neighbor! :)

Thanks for the mini review and really happy that you had a good time. We are looking forward to our first time on the Radiance also.

Archived