Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

Where is Izumi going? I wonder how much the a la carte prices are. If reasonable, I don't think I mind the price as much as dress code. No one in my family likes sushi so I'd like to do it for lunch takeout and stay casual. Anyone here been and have input? I'll do a search.

I see "pizzeria" on the deck plans deck 11 outside the solarium. Could this be where the hot dog place goes? Will there still be pizza too? Is it Sorrentos or do some ships just have a pizza place w/o being Sorrentos?

Where is Izumi going? I wonder how much the a la carte prices are. If reasonable, I don't think I mind the price as much as dress code. No one in my family likes sushi so I'd like to do it for lunch takeout and stay casual. Anyone here been and have input? I'll do a search.

I see "pizzeria" on the deck plans deck 11 outside the solarium. Could this be where the hot dog place goes? Will there still be pizza too? Is it Sorrentos or do some ships just have a pizza place w/o being Sorrentos?

There is a sample menu (with prices!) in the link Patti (cruisenfever) posted. :)

"Allure became known as the Ship of Entertainment, and now I am going to name Radiance the Culinary ship! When we did the full tour, the totality of all the new food & beverages was overwhelming. Radiance will feature a Samba Grill where the current SeaView café currently is located, a Rita’s Cantina, an Izumi, our highly acclaimed Chef’s Table, Giovanni’s Table will replace Portofino and both the Boardwalk DogHouse and the Park Café will be added! We may need to add more equipment in the gym with this plethora of food offerings. Of course there is a lot more to the revitalization than dining, and I believe the new Diamond Lounge will be beautiful, as will the new Concierge Lounge".

All great additions!! We tried them all, except Izumi, last week on the Allure. We loved Samba Grill, and I had a dessert to die for there. Loved Giovanni's table and all the other venues as well. But I will miss Portofino!

We'll be on the Radiance on March 28th. We are taking our daughter and grandson during spring break. This will be our grandson's first cruise (he'll be five years old by then). Can't wait to see his reaction!

We'll be getting our first crystal block on this cruise. I'm excited about that too! How soon should I call the D+ desk to make sure I get it?

All great additions!! We tried them all, except Izumi, last week on the Allure. We loved Samba Grill, and I had a dessert to die for there. Loved Giovanni's table and all the other venues as well. But I will miss Portofino!

We'll be on the Radiance on March 28th. We are taking our daughter and grandson during spring break. This will be our grandson's first cruise (he'll be five years old by then). Can't wait to see his reaction!

We'll be getting our first crystal block on this cruise. I'm excited about that too! How soon should I call the D+ desk to make sure I get it?

Hi Maria and Congratulations on your first crystal block. :) I would call them about 3 weeks prior to departure to have it noted on your reservation. When you get on board, make a point to see the LA as soon as you can to remind her/him that you are to get it.

How exciting to be taking your grandson on his first cruise. I am sure you will all have a wonderful time.

I still don't get it with Izumi. Is it like Chops where you pay your 'cover charge' then eat, or do you pay a cover charge then pay for each item you eat? Thanks,

Raina

We ate in Izumi on Oasis and even though I didn't notice a cover charge?, you order off a menu and pay the prices quoted there. You can get some combination meals that include more than enough food for a very reasonable price, imho. We really enjoyed cooking our main dish on the 'hot rocks'. Can't wait to go back on Oasis and eat in Izumi more this time!

I don't think, at this point, that any of us really know how Izumi operates.

Patti- Izumi is like any state side restaurant, read the menu with the prices, order and pay for it when the check arrives. Of course, many are against this because they have already 'paid' for meals but I can tell you the night we were there the place was packed! It was only open at night since this was the designated area for suite guests at breakfast and lunch. Really no different than Chops, Portofino, 150 Central Park, etc. If passengers don't want to pay for extra special meals, this too is not the place to go. But it is so good, lol

I've never cruised RCL before, can someone tell me what time the theater shows are? I was also wondering how popular the spa is on this ship on a short, 5 night sailing? Do I need to make reservations shortly after boarding? Thanks!

There are usually 2 shows - (to accommodate the 2 dinner seatings) I am not sure there are "exact times" - you will have to check your daily newsletter.

As for the spa, I am sure they will be able to fit you in, but if you feel more comfortable booking as soon as possible, then that isn't such a bad idea. Please be advised that there are discounts when the ship is in port (as that is there slowest time - obviously)

Hi Maria and Congratulations on your first crystal block. :) I would call them about 3 weeks prior to departure to have it noted on your reservation. When you get on board, make a point to see the LA as soon as you can to remind her/him that you are to get it.

How exciting to be taking your grandson on his first cruise. I am sure you will all have a wonderful time.

\

As of this week they are out of crystal blocks. None in home office either. Once they receive them they said they will send. No timeline however

\

As of this week they are out of crystal blocks. None in home office either. Once they receive them they said they will send. No timeline however

I would definitely keep after the D+ desk about this. Since they deal with many D+ requests/concerns on a hourly basis each day.........it is sometimes hard for them to keep track of who is to get what when.:)

We waited almost 9 months for a crystal block several years ago and it was supposed to be given to us on the ship. Some how it got lost between the LA's desk and housekeeping.:eek:

Thank you so much Patti!:):) So sweet and helpful, as usual!

Yes, we are super excited to take our youngest grandson on his first cruise. Now we are planning a family cruise in May to celebrate our second granddaughter's high school graduation. The whole family will be going this time. Our other three grandchildren have cruised before. The oldest granddaughter had a baby last year, and she's bringing the baby, baby will just be about 7 months old:eek:. Too young to cruise in my opinion, but who am I to say?

\

Oh No!!!:eek: I missed getting the first block because when we hit 20 credits, a while back, you had to wait till your 30 credits. I hope I don't miss out again!

Quick Question:

If Samba is going where Seaview Cafe is and they said Giovanni's Table is replacing Portofino, is it safe to assume Chops is staying because there was no mention of it?

I always thought Chops needed to stay (there should be at least one traditional steakhouse on the ship!) but I wasn't sure if it was or not.

Quick Question:

If Samba is going where Seaview Cafe is and they said Giovanni's Table is replacing Portofino' date=' is it safe to assume Chops is staying because there was no mention of it?

I always thought Chops needed to stay (there should be at least one traditional steakhouse on the ship!) but I wasn't sure if it was or not.[/quote']

Lisa Bauer did not mention Chops at all in her blog.......so I am assuming that it is staying.

It hasn't been rescheduled. Radiance is scheduled to go into dry dock on May 20th resuming her Alaska itineraries on June 10th.

I think if you go back to early posts on that link that you provided, like early November, you will see that the dry dock was extended to June 10th. It was originally supposed to be completed on June 3.

Archived