Table for 8 request.

travel222

How does one request a larger table - before boarding?

On our last cruise we were seated at a table for 4.

We typically enjoy meeting a variety of people and

dining in a large group is a part of the cruise experience

we enjoy but decided that we would not request to be

moved to a larger table.

After 4 nights our tablemates did let us know that they

were asked to join a larger group at a table for 10.

So, there we were - at a table for 2. At that point in

the cruise we did not want to disrupt the seating at

other tables and we liked our wait staff so we stayed

at our table. But we do not want a repeat and plan

to make sure we check out the table size as soon as

we board - but can we request it before broading?

Hi:) call Celebrity or your TA..or both:D

I sail solo and always request a large table at the time

of my booking.

Also, after you board the ship go see the Maitr'd. They

are outside of the dining room and are helping people

with all sorts of different requests.

So to answer your question, yes, request it before your sail:)

Enjoy your cruise!

On our last two cruises we requested a large table and ended up at a table for 6 with only one other couple. Fortunately, we enjoyed each other's company, but in each case the other couple had also requested a table for 8 or 10.

Jerry

On our last two cruises we requested a large table and ended up at a table for 6 with only one other couple. Fortunately, we enjoyed each other's company, but in each case the other couple had also requested a table for 8 or 10.

Jerry

We always check with the Maitre D' when we board - first to see where our table is located and then to be sure that we'll be at a table of the size we requested. We've only had one time that we were not accommodated and it worked out fine in the end. Since then, our request has been attended to with a smile.

I have to brag on my travel agent again because I am thrilled with their service. Our always goes way above and beyond the call of duty to get cabin and table assignments for us. We asked for a table of 10 (we had 6 in our party and then wanted to meet some others too) by the windows and got a table for 10 by the windows. But as others have said, you can check your table assignment on the first day to ensure that your requests have been honored. However, that won't solve the issue of your table not being full. We had a nice roll call for our May 25th cruise and some wish they had reserved tables in advance with other roll call members. And some were happy to meet other passengers because they were touring with CruiseCritic members during the day. Have you signed up on the roll call for your sailing? Have you "met" anyone on the boards that you want to share a table with (although it's really hard to know in advance)?

Donna

Although it doesn't help with location requests when you register online at celebrity.com you can select the size dining table there. The largest there is 8. Last cruise we sat at a table for 8 with one other couple so it was 4 of us at a table for 8. I felt bad for the servers who would not be getting all their tips but i wouldn't have asked to move because our servers were the best. Since we were late diner sitting by the window window was not important. I can say that on certain ships some locations are better then others I was happy with our location on that ship.

Although it doesn't help with location requests when you register online at celebrity.com you can select the size dining table there. The largest there is 8. Last cruise we sat at a table for 8 with one other couple so it was 4 of us at a table for 8. I felt bad for the servers who would not be getting all their tips but i wouldn't have asked to move because our servers were the best. Since we were late diner sitting by the window window was not important. I can say that on certain ships some locations are better then others I was happy with our location on that ship.

Hi, just to let you know, we have very recently booked online and were not able to select table size (just main or late seating). I know you could do that before but for some reason the table size section has disappeared (unless they have fixed it in the last couple of days). I did speak to Celebrity about it and they said they were not aware - so maybe they will re-instate it. In the meantime the only solution is to speak to TA or Celebrity direct.

Archived