Newbie here! Voyager questions

I've been on the Legend, Dawn and this past month Voyager - differences that I noticed

-Voyager has a better layout of common areas - on the Dawn I always felt like I was walking though a bar to get to the other side of the ship, Voyager has real walkways that are wide enough for a few people across

-The staff on Voyager was friendlier and spoke better English then on other ships. I spoke with a few crew members on the Voyager and they all said how well they were treated and how friendly the staff is with each other. This seems to come across to the guests.

-If you are in a suite - there are less "perks" on Voyager then on the Dawn. I got more in a Cat. C on the Dawn then in a Cat. B on the Voyager

-It is easier to get a chair by the pool on Voyager

-If you like the dining choices on the Dawn then Voyager is going to be a disapointment. The food was ok but it is the same place and same time everyday.

-If you like to be active there are more options on the Voyager

-RC has a better private island then NCL

-It seemed that RC has more options for excersions then NCL

Overall I liked the Dawn better then Voyager but my husband felt the opposite. So I would say it was a tie.

• 2 years later...
Im finally going on the Voyager after only been on Carnival Legend, Norwegian Dawn and Celebrity Zenith. Any info on this ship along with advice or suggestions? Thanks!

She was our first ship. Loved it. Pics on my link below.

Like others, will await specific questions. Great ship. Board early and allow yourself time to explore this mammoth. Well taken care of. Enjoy the Royal Promenade parades, and get out to the Solarium for a quiet nap.

One night when I was on cruisecritic.com til the wee hours I read about one of the ships that had a special sauna/steam area with a small pool. There was a daily or weekly per person fee, but it seemed to be VERY quiet, relaxing, and right up my alley.

Any chance it was VOS that I was reading about?

Thanks

We will be on Voyager in the med in August. What is formal night like? are there captains cocktails, do people dress up. Have been with Princess before and loved the formal nights, hope we wont be dissapointed.

OMG, Bill, you pulled up a THREE YEAR OLD THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How/Why did you do that? (inquiring minds want to know!) :) ;) :p :eek: :cool:

Huh, pure accident if I did, I normally just check the first page of new threads. I don't remember looking that far back, I wonder if another reply got deleted.

Archived