Change dates after Final Payment

Magiwill

I cannot belive I have to post this question but here we go.

We purchased three days ago a cruise that leaves out in 86 days, so we paid in full (no other choice) Not a day later my husband gets a call for a job interview as a Commercial Pilot..... fro July 10th:eek: If he were to get the job his training would likely take place or be during our sched. cruise. At this point I would like to move the cruise up to a sooner date...end of July.

So my question is can you typically do this and has anyone been successful with this? I am sure if this is possible there would be additional fees involved..and that is fine.

Any information or advice would be great.

Thanks

If you booked directly with Carnival, suggest you contact them to determine exactly what your options may be. If thru a T/A, see if they are able to intercede on your behalf. While it would seem that you are in penalty phase, it never hurts to try to negotiate for a different sailing. Nothing ventured ... nothing gained. Good luck in making your changes ... and, hope the interview goes well for your husband!

Most importantly.......good luck for your husband. Hope he gets the job if he wants it.

As to the date of your cruise...... Yes, you might face a cancellation penalty. You are within penalty phase and have made full payment so they have the right to enforce their rules.

Hope they don't but the odds are they might.

Good luck.

Thanks for the replies.. We did not book our cruise though the cuise line but though an online site. I am now having a time getting answers from them:mad: But we shall see what happens....I will continue to try to get some answes and then we will see.

The most important thing is his interview and I really hope that he gets it...it just makes me sick to think of the money we would be out.

Thanks again.

You ar NOT yet in penalty phase; Carnival has 75 day payment policy on week long cruises, which the Glory is doing, so even though your TA asked for full payment, you still have 10 days to cancel without penalty from the cruiseline. The TA could have their own cancellation charge, though this is usually quite small, around $50-$75.

Archived