Packing formal wear?

travgurl

I've been packing DH's suits for travel for years.

If I am bringing a garment bag, I remove the pants from the hanger but slide them into a dry cleaner's plastic bag and lay them flat in the garment bag. I leave the jacket on a plain wire dry cleaner's hanger and put it into two dry cleaner bags. The bags trap some air. Lay the jacket flat. Gently adjust the arms of the jacket so they lay neatly down the side. We have never had to send his tuxedo or suits out for pressing. They always arrive wrinkle free.

I have packed suits and tuxedos in duffle bags as well. Lay the jacket flat as described above. The pants will have to be folded once. If done neatly, no wrinkles.

Yes, I would either bring a garment bag or some suitcases come with suiters where you can also hand suits, dresses, etc.

The key is to put each one in a dry cleaning bag and we also keep the tissue paper on the jacket sleeves.

Keith

I agree that cleaners' plastic bags do a great job of preventing wrinkles. And of course check your room to see if your bags have been delivered to unpack as soon as you can. If some do appear on either your or your DH's clothes, just shower with them hanging in the bathroom. The steam works well. Just run your hands over and smooth out the wrinkles while steamy. Works every time.

Archived