Difference between RS and CS on Infinity

rogerdm

RS is 538 sq ft with a 195sq ft balcony..hot tub on the deck... the CS is 467sq ft..no balcony. The inside amenities look very similiar.

Do any windows open up in the bedroom? I know the big floor to ceiling ones don't.

No windows open in the CS. We've been in both RS and CS. The CS is DEFINITELY the better deal for the money. No, you don't get a balcony/with hot tub, although you do get a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. The space in CS is actually better used than in the RS, the floor to ceiling windows give magnificent views. If money were a question we would always choose the CS over the RS. We missed the balcony, but not enough to bother our cruise, we just found ourselves on the open decks a bit more than when we had a balcony. We loved the CS, it was a great deal! The ONLY drawback we could find was that it is a LARGE step into the bathtub/shower and could cause someone with less stability a problem. Didn't bother us but thought you should know, in case someone you are traveling is handicapped or limited in their mobility.

My boss had the CS on the Infinity in Alaska.. true, great view.. but the cabin always felt a bit stuffy, even with the A/C cranking. It really needed some fresh air. If I were in a warmer climate, I would really miss not having at least a window to open in a space that big.

And no windows in the bedroom, but the master bath has a big window on the tub so you can look out (there are blinds for privacy).

I have pics of the CS in my photo link below.

Our CS cruise was in a warm climate and we never felt the "stuffiness" you mention, the AC worked very well, almost too well as we found ourselves turning it up. The bedroom has no window but why does that matter, since you're asleep? Anyway with the door to the bedroom open you can see out the big floor to ceiling windows in the living room.

If I were on a short cruise - 7 days or less I might opt for the balcony, but for anything longer we would choose the CS everytime! Ours was a 10 day and the extra space was wonderful!

That's an excellent point about the accessibility of the bathroom in the CS. It's an awful step into the tub/shower, plus the toilet is jammed against the tub so there's no way to even get a decent grip to climb into or, more importantly out of, the tub. Even if you're a short person, or if you are a plus size, the tub in the CS is really a very negative part of the room.

And there are no windows in the bedroom of the CS.

They have pluses and minuses -- we've stayed in both. Overall we liked the RS better.

The access to the bathroom (through the bedroom) is a good point -- if you're sharing the cabin it'll be an issue but otherwise it's no problem -- though I liked having a separate tub and shower in the RS. The step-up to the tub in the CS was kind of a pain, but we didn't understand at all the peek-a-boo window into the shower. Both had double sinks but I think there was more storage for toiletries in the RS.

We also were in a warm weather (Med) cruise in the CS and the room did get overheated -- especially when entertaining with several people in the living room. I also missed having the ocean off of a balcony -- didn't think I would but the fresh air does make a difference.

On the plus side for the CS the bedroom is great -- complete darkness due to no windows. I slept great! But for the RS they did have the plus of that little hidden switch for the bedroom lights -- being a gadget freak I loved that! :D

Good luck -- they're both awesome rooms!!

Archived