Turkey-Visa requirements

I was told that Regent handles getting the visas that are needed for stops in Turkey- but then I read some small print on the Regent website that stated that they only handle this if you are booked on their shore excursion!! Does anyone know what's correct? Do I need to worry about getting a visa?

Thank you!!

I am not sure if you are just stopping in Turkey or flying in. If you are flying it you can easily and quickly purchase a visa just to the left of the immigration lines. If you are arriving by ship, your visa will be issued right on board the ship or, worst case, in the terminal. It is a very easy process and does not require you to obtain one prior to arrival.

I know that if you are flying in, you have to purchase a visa--you do this at the Istanbul airport after you arrive. We were first in line and it took maybe two minutes. They basically just want your money.

That is correct. Was in Turkey 3 years ago which included a 5 day land tour to Ankara, Capadocia etc., before boarding the Raddison Diamond in Istanbul. The visa was easy and quick to obtain in the airport next to immigration. Can't remember the cost, it seems like $15 - $20. You can get it before hand by applying to the Turkish Consulate in Los Angeles. I made a phone call to them and was told it was easy in Istanbul airport, so that's what we did. You will love Turkey, it's a fascinating place, so much history there. Don't know what your plans are, if you do get to Capadocia go hot air ballooning, it was an amazing experience, one I thought I would be "chicken" to do, but once up there it was a "wow". Would do it again in a heartbeat. Whatever you do, just enjoy

Archived