Must do's after first boarding??

Pashapug

Sailing on the Royal in 4 days! Looking for advice from experienced cruisers on what I need to do when we first board in order to get the "business" stuff out of the way...and the most efficient way to get it all done.

We'll need to get "soda cards" and "coffee cards." Where do we go to purchase those? Should we be checking on shore excursions? We'd like a table for 4 at dinner...should I head to the restaurant to put in that request?

We have adjoining cabins with our kids. Who do I ask to get the door opened between our balconys?

Egads...WHAT ELSE should I do before I really sink into "just relax and enjoy" mode.

Thanks!

Soda and coffee cards are not a priority - there will be plenty of chances to purchase these and there is an unlimited amount of them.

Find your cabin, drop your carry-ons, and when you see the room steward ask about opening the balcony doors. You can leave a note also. Check the Patters to see what time you can meet with the maitre d to request a table for 4.

Also if you are planning on any specialty restaurants, you should book these soon after boarding. You can do this by calling a number listed in the book on the vanity, leave a message with the pertinent info, and they will get back to you. Ditto for any special shorex you have been unable to book prior to the cruise. The shorex desk may not be open, but if you can leave a message, do so. Shorex are not an extreme rush unless you have your heart set on one.

Get the pocket ship's deck plan and head out to see the ship, and have lunch.

If you want spa appointments or to be a "model" for a spa demo, head to the spa to check these out. They used to offer quick shoulder and neck massages on embarkation day, which are nice after a long trip.

Check back periodically to see if your luggage has been delivered to your room yet. When it is delivered, bring it inside and either unpack or store it out of the way.

Don't forget Muster Drill shortly before departure. You will need to go to your cabin and collect your life vests and follow the emergency instructions given by the crew.

Then get a cocktail and get ready for the sailaway party. And relax ~

Soda & coffee cards are purchased anywhere these beverages are sold.

Shore excursions can be booked in advance. The popular ones sell out, so youshould check them today. On the ship, you go to the shore excursion desk (near purser's desk) to sign up. They have a box where you can drop off your requests if the desk is not open.

Table for 4 for dinner should be requested thru your TA in advance if you have traditional dining. If not done in advance, or if you have anytime dining, contact the Maitre d' asap.

Ask your cabin steward to remove the partition between balconies.

Have a great cruise.

when we first board my DW and I drop the bags off in the room. Then in order

1. Get our traditional first Pina Collada (let the vacation begin)

2. Visit the Cruise Consultant on board and book our next cruise

3. Make any specialty restuarant reservations. A lot of people skip caribbean night in the dining rooms and these reservations go quickly.

4. RELAX...your on vacation

5. HAVE FUN

And I forgot

when we first enter the room we wipe everything down with a clorox based sanitiser. Adds a little bit of protection against the dreaded NORO...not sure if it helps but makes me feel good and it only takes a few minutes.;)

You said you wanted a table for 4, do you have traditional or anytime dining? If traditional, you can check out your table assignment, if anytime, make a reservation for the evening requesting the table for 4. We explore the ship on the first day and try to find quiet places to enjoy during the cruise. Have a wonderful time on your cruise. You will love it!!

You guys absolutely ROCK!! Thanks for the good, calm, info.

My passport just arrived (requested it back in March). So now I know I'll actually get to go on the cruise with my husband and kids. All is right with the world!

If my DH or my friends read this they are going to know who wrote it..

1. buy soda card on your way up to your room (if line is not to long)

2. go to your room tip steward 20.00 ask for egg carte and divider to come down between rooms, let him know keep ice buckets full, check on pillows get more now if needed. check on fruit and tell him which you like.

3. drop carryon's off in room

4. go to eat in food court or hamburger place which every has less people. do not go into the food court if there are 100 other people in line people do not start your vacation off with a sour outlook.

5. check into specialty restuarants for the week (caribbean night being the busy in all of them) if that is not your cup of tea, buffet always has something we like but if something special for the cruise book a special dinner. to me everynight on a cruise is a special dinner I don't have to cook it.

6. Spa if needed

7. go back to room and check to see if bags are in, if not change into the bathing suits that you put into carryon's and fix a cocktial and you also packed into carryon. if the bags are in go ahead and unpack will only take a couple of minutes and get settled. and your vacation can truely start. go to the pool area

8. muster drill

9. Cruise critic party and sail away with new friends

10. dinner and a show

11. seating back and realizing how good live is..

that is my schedule for the first day

• 3 weeks later...
when we first board my DW and I drop the bags off in the room. Then in order

1. Get our traditional first Pina Collada (let the vacation begin)

2. Visit the Cruise Consultant on board and book our next cruise

3. Make any specialty restuarant reservations. A lot of people skip caribbean night in the dining rooms and these reservations go quickly.

4. RELAX...your on vacation

5. HAVE FUN

Which night is Caribbean night on Crown??

Just about any drink server on deck will be glad to sell you a soft drink card sticker, and there are usually some displays near elevators and up by the pool for these as well.

When you reach your cabin, read instructions concerning the safe, set your own combination, then leave your wallets and $$ and carried valuables in the safe. All you'll need from here on out on board is your cruise card.

Hopefully you have prebooked your "must have" excursions online. If not check the board by the excursion office to see what's available, and book the ones you want using a form that you leave in the drop box. There will be no one on duty.

Get map of ship from the binder in your cabin. Use it to find your first meal.

Have a great cruise and let them wait on you from now on. If you need something (soft drink, etc) just ask.

Sailing on the Royal in 4 days! Looking for advice from experienced cruisers on what I need to do when we first board in order to get the "business" stuff out of the way...and the most efficient way to get it all done.

We'll need to get "soda cards" and "coffee cards." Where do we go to purchase those? Should we be checking on shore excursions? We'd like a table for 4 at dinner...should I head to the restaurant to put in that request?

We have adjoining cabins with our kids. Who do I ask to get the door opened between our balconys?

Egads...WHAT ELSE should I do before I really sink into "just relax and enjoy" mode.

Thanks!

First thing I do when I get on board is find my room. Second thing is I check out the plumbing and make sure it's going to be up to the task for the week. Ya know, drop a duece.

First thing I do when I get on board is find my room. Second thing is I check out the plumbing and make sure it's going to be up to the task for the week. Ya know, drop a duece.

Wow, thanks for sharing. That's what we all needed to know.:eek:

Anyway, I'm glad to see we can go straight to our cabin. On Carnival, you have to wait til they open up the fire doors, after 1:00. Also, do all the safes use a code?

And I forgot

when we first enter the room we wipe everything down with a clorox based sanitiser. Adds a little bit of protection against the dreaded NORO...not sure if it helps but makes me feel good and it only takes a few minutes.;)

ditto!! although we used the disinfectant spray with deodirizer. quicker. It also came in handy for those times that candles are usually used:eek:

Soda and coffee cards are not a priority - there will be plenty of chances to purchase these and there is an unlimited amount of them.

Find your cabin, drop your carry-ons, and when you see the room steward ask about opening the balcony doors. You can leave a note also. Check the Patters to see what time you can meet with the maitre d to request a table for 4.

Also if you are planning on any specialty restaurants, you should book these soon after boarding. You can do this by calling a number listed in the book on the vanity, leave a message with the pertinent info, and they will get back to you. Ditto for any special shorex you have been unable to book prior to the cruise. The shorex desk may not be open, but if you can leave a message, do so. Shorex are not an extreme rush unless you have your heart set on one.

Get the pocket ship's deck plan and head out to see the ship, and have lunch.

If you want spa appointments or to be a "model" for a spa demo, head to the spa to check these out. They used to offer quick shoulder and neck massages on embarkation day, which are nice after a long trip.

Check back periodically to see if your luggage has been delivered to your room yet. When it is delivered, bring it inside and either unpack or store it out of the way.

Don't forget Muster Drill shortly before departure. You will need to go to your cabin and collect your life vests and follow the emergency instructions given by the crew.

Then get a cocktail and get ready for the sailaway party. And relax ~

hi enjoy your trip

If my DH or my friends read this they are going to know who wrote it..

1. buy soda card on your way up to your room (if line is not to long)

2. go to your room tip steward 20.00 ask for egg carte and divider to come down between rooms, let him know keep ice buckets full, check on pillows get more now if needed. check on fruit and tell him which you like.

3. drop carryon's off in room

4. go to eat in food court or hamburger place which every has less people. do not go into the food court if there are 100 other people in line people do not start your vacation off with a sour outlook.

5. check into specialty restuarants for the week (caribbean night being the busy in all of them) if that is not your cup of tea, buffet always has something we like but if something special for the cruise book a special dinner. to me everynight on a cruise is a special dinner I don't have to cook it.

6. Spa if needed

7. go back to room and check to see if bags are in, if not change into the bathing suits that you put into carryon's and fix a cocktial and you also packed into carryon. if the bags are in go ahead and unpack will only take a couple of minutes and get settled. and your vacation can truely start. go to the pool area

8. muster drill

9. Cruise critic party and sail away with new friends

10. dinner and a show

11. seating back and realizing how good live is..

that is my schedule for the first day

Whew! I just take off my shoes, order a drink and let the tension just melt awaaaaaayyyy!

Archived