Thursday Weigh-in 6/21/07

WeirdEyes

Hello everyone! Today is the first day of Summer! Has everyone started getting ready for those swimsuits yet? I started a long time ago. LOL

Belle asked me to start the thread this week since she is at her parent's house trying to get it ready to be sold. Hopefully, she'll be back next week and can gives us our weekly treat of a poem. ;)

I stayed the same this week. I sure hope their is a loss next week. I've been working really hard with my WOE and exercise.

So, how did everyone else do? I hope better than me. :D

Good luck!!!

Goodmorning fellow losers,

Good week this week for me.

Down 3 lbs from last Thurs. for a total of 25 lbs since the beginning of the year.

Still 12 weeks before we leave on our trip, so I'm really hoping to be down another 10 (if not more).

Gotta go & walk now.

Have a great day everyone.

Cindy :)

I have lost about 4 pounds in the last 3 weeks. That's after regaining all the weight I lost last year (17 lbs) plus a little more to reach an all time high. And I didn't even have a lot of fun doing it!

But I'm back on track now. I started biking after 20 years two weeks ago with my new personal trainer and I like it a lot. Last Thursday I rode 28 K with a friend. And I HATE exercise, which is a big part of my problem.

So on Monday DH and I went shopping for my birthday present. I picked out a super Trek road bike which I picked up yesterday. Went for a little test ride last night and it's amazing. I can hardly wait for the Thursday night ride tonight. That's the most amazing thing....me wanting to exert energy in the form of exercise!

I have somewhere between 50 - 70 lbs to lose, so I'll be here a lot. I never actually went away, have been reading along, even as I was gaining!

Mo

Hi everyone! I used to be a frequent poster on the weekly weigh-in threads, so I just wanted to pop in to say congrats to all the losers and maintainers this week!

I realized a few weeks ago that I was slipping back into dangerous territory with my weight loss (not that my weight was too low, but my eating habits were getting really messed up), so I kind of reevaluated everything and realized that I'm at a healthy weight and I need to stop obsessing about it. So I've been on an anti-diet for most of this month, and my weight has held steady in the lower 130's which is fine for me. I'm now focusing on living a healthy lifestyle rather than focusing on losing weight, and I've never been happier!

Sheila- I know you've always been a proponent of the "lifestyle change" versus the "diet," so thanks for all of your posts here. I'm glad the lifestyle change has finally started to sink in for me, and hopefully my many years of yo-yo-ing are behind me!

Mo- That's great that you've discovered a love (or at least a desire) for exercise! That has been the biggest thing that has helped me lately. Exercise is great not only for the obvious calorie-burning benefit, but I really believe it helps mental health too. Exercise always puts me in a really good mood and gives me a way to measure my progress in a non-scale-related way!

Great job everyone, and remember that you're losing weight for your health, not just for the number on the scale or inside your pants!

Great job everyone, and remember that you're losing weight for your health, not just for the number on the scale or inside your pants!

LOL - But I totally agree! :D

Down 1 lb - but only a few walks this week, I'm having some back issues that also effect my legs. I made myself walk anyway - even with the heat wave we've had.

Congrats to all of the loosers!

Congratulations to all of you LOSERS! :D

Darci ~ Yep, it is a lifestyle change. You KNOW when you hit your ideal weight. I'm glad you found yours. GREAT job! BTW, my DB asked me when I was going to stop dieting. I said, "I'm not on a diet. I'll be eating like this for life!" Shut him up. LOL

Good Morning,

Congratulations losers. Good job.

I gained 1 lb. so total lost is 1 lb. Not doing well towards my goal of 12 lbs. by Oct. 23rd.

Hmm, maybe I'll reset my goal. OK, 6 lbs. by Oct 23rd. Hey, I'm already 17% there.

My biggest weight loss problem is mu hubby. He likes to feed me.

Good luck this week.

Hi all!

I have been forgetting the weigh-in on Thursdays since our cruise.

I'm down 3.5 lbs. since we got back!

I still have 6 lbs. to go.

I gained 9.5 cruising.

Can you believe it?

Oh well I'm back!

It's coming off!

Crystal

I worked out at home this morning and haven't been to the gym to weigh in. I'll do it tomorrow. My eating has not been great this week. Some of the meals have not been the best choices! I'm keeping up with the exercise side of it so maybe I will do ok tomorrow on the scale!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! I'm kind of new to CC and stumbled across this thread. I am trying to lose some weight before my cruise on 9/22. I've been "going it alone" and think that a weekly weigh-in like this will help me along. So - If you guys don't mind, I'd like to join in. :)

Over the past year and a half I had put on almost 20 lbs (went through a divorce). I started dieting on 6/4 and have dropped from 137 to 130. I'd like to get down to 118 before the cruise.

I have so much admiration for those that choose to take control of their health and change their lifestyle (by the way Darci - I totally agree with your post). Best of luck to all of you that are trying to lose, maintain, or just get healthy!

Ashley :)

Hi, Everyone,:o

I am also new to the group. We are going on Celebrity Century to Norway this Saturday.

I will request the special meals, but does anyone have suggestions about where or what to eat on board or on shore excursions. Also have any of you taken classes or used the exercise equipment on board? I usually do yoga and a light form of aerobics, and I know I need to exercise.

Thanks!

Kathy

Archived