I just booked Solstice!!!!

Schplinky

Schplinky, did they give you specifics on Aqua Class? What makes it worth the extra cost?

Curious.

I'm afraid I didn't ask. The amenities described in the room description page were enough for me. I like stuff like the thermal garden and such. I read their phrase of "the Aqua Class exclusive restaurant Blu" to mean that folks in other classes won't be allowed in there. We loved the Aqua spa food and it was one of the things that encourages us to try X again after a disappointing first experience. It would have been too much of a bummer to book Concierge or below and find out that we were not going to be allowed in that room.

Yes, I just called to ask and the restaurant will be available exclusively to Aqua Class guests. Another interesting note is that Aqua Spa cabins are almost exclusively double occupancy, indicating perhaps a more adult ambiance on that deck and in the special dining room. This would be a very nice feature if it were true.

The dining room will not be open to any other guests and will have a early and late option, same as the main.

Interesting!

Very Zen, don't you think?:)

Our feeling was that we would book this and then as information trickled out, if we felt the need to switch, we would.

In all honesty, I'm surprised that they are not charging more for the initial season of a new ship class.

Well, we just booked as well! We are on the Feb 15th sailing in a CC cabin (#1674). it was about $1600pp so not over the top expensive. Wanted to try out a Sky Suite (some of the S1's appear to have amzing locations!) but $3200pp was a bit steep for us!:eek:

Happy booking everybody!

Our feeling was that we would book this and then as information trickled out, if we felt the need to switch, we would.

In all honesty, I'm surprised that they are not charging more for the initial season of a new ship class.

I got a quote on Aqua class for the 4-12-2009 sailing and it is significantly more than you are paying for your sailing. Time will tell on pricing.

I got a quote on Aqua class for the 4-12-2009 sailing and it is significantly more than you are paying for your sailing. Time will tell on pricing.

Yes, I noticed that ORDPLATAA said they paid $1600 for CC two weeks after our sailing. On our sailing, it was $1425. I guess Feb 1st is still close enough to XMAS that it's not as highly priced.

My reservation for Aqua Class kept crashing when she tried to enter a table size. She couldn't figure out why and so she left it blank. I wonder if we get a table assignment in Blu or if we just make reservations there for the nights we want and otherwise go to the main room? I was too suprised to be getting through at 8:25 to ask too many questions!

Hi Everyone !

From what I can tell, Aqua Class is roughly 175.00 - 200.00 pp more than Concierge Class. However, I am sure it varies from sailing to sailing.

Good Luck !

My reservation for Aqua Class kept crashing when she tried to enter a table size. She couldn't figure out why and so she left it blank. I wonder if we get a table assignment in Blu or if we just make reservations there for the nights we want and otherwise go to the main room? I was too suprised to be getting through at 8:25 to ask too many questions!

My agent said there is set dining and choice of early or second. She also commented the food was the same :confused: as in the main dining room but I would hope that is not true and that is spa cuisine for all meals. I imagine they are all in the learning process at this point.

I got the impression that all Aqua Spa guests are assigned to that restaurant and it would make sense that there are not seats provided in both.

My agent said there is set dining and choice of early or second. She also commented the food was the same :confused: as in the main dining room but I would hope that is not true and that is spa cuisine for all meals. I imagine they are all in the learning process at this point.

I got the impression that all Aqua Spa guests are assigned to that restaurant and it would make sense that there are not seats provided in both.

I agree with you. It also makes sense because it is a 130 seat restaurant with two seatings and guess how many AQ cabins there are? Yep, 130.

Hi Caviargal !

I didnt book Aqua Class. We are always very happy with Concierge Class, so we stayed with CC. While I cant possibly know all of the benefits, I didnt feel it was worth an additional 200.00 pp extra. For those who are into the spa experience, it would likely be a wise choice though.

IMHO, I wouldnt want the menu to be ONLY spa type foods each night, in Aqua Class. A better idea, is if they had the same Menu as the regular dining room, but with additional Spa Type Menu items each night. Hopefully, they will get it right long before she has her first sailing. Still plenty of time !

So we're finally going to sail together, since I couldn't convince you to join my Liberty of the CCs group?? Just booked Feb. 1 in a CC1 cabin on the Sky Deck. The guy I spoke with said that dining preferences were not available for booking yet, but that we would receive an e-mail when that option was in the system.

Hi Caviargal !

I didnt book Aqua Class. We are always very happy with Concierge Class, so we stayed with CC. While I cant possibly know all of the benefits, I didnt feel it was worth an additional 200.00 pp extra. For those who are into the spa experience, it would likely be a wise choice though.

IMHO, I wouldnt want the menu to be ONLY spa type foods each night, in Aqua Class. A better idea, is if they had the same Menu as the regular dining room, but with additional Spa Type Menu items each night. Hopefully, they will get it right long before she has her first sailing. Still plenty of time !

Andy, there was a $450pp differential on the sailing I had quoted. I think pricing might settle a bit as the early frenzy wears off;).

The only way the differential would be worthwhile to me was if the deck was adults only, with the same in the restaurant. Throw in an adult only pool and I might be tempted to give her a try! Now that would a revolutionary concept in cruising:D.

The only way the differential would be worthwhile to me was if the deck was adults only, with the same in the restaurant. Throw in an adult only pool and I might be tempted to give her a try! Now that would a revolutionary concept in cruising:D.

Caviargal, I am with you in that thinking BUT-----why not offer a suite thrown in with the Aqua class for those that prefer larger cabins????? We're not going to book right now as the itineraries don't interest me enough to pay that much $$$ for a SS and then not be able to use the spa cafe.:(

Those are my thoughts exactly. I love my spa food but also LOVE the escargot and lobster, which I'm pretty sure don't count.

So we're finally going to sail together, since I couldn't convince you to join my Liberty of the CCs group?? Just booked Feb. 1 in a CC1 cabin on the Sky Deck. The guy I spoke with said that dining preferences were not available for booking yet, but that we would receive an e-mail when that option was in the system.

Yay!!! It was a tough choice, to be sure. We LOVED Liberty, perhaps even more than Freedom, but Mike is all about the new ships so I think our unspoken concession is that we are trying Solstice (his choice) in an Aqua Spa room (my choice).

Come on over and join the roll call. We may not be the first but we could be the chattiest!

Andy, there was a $450pp differential on the sailing I had quoted. I think pricing might settle a bit as the early frenzy wears off;).

Hi Caviargal !

Wow, $450pp differential ? I have a feeling you are right, and pricing will adjust down a bit once things settle down. I agree with your comments about the idea of Aqua Class being Adults only, with an Adults only pool area. The pool idea sounds a lot like the Garden Villas that NCL has, but I would have loved to see Celebrity do something like that. It doesnt seem as if it is in the cards, but perhaps we will see some surprises as more details are released.

Archived