I just booked Solstice!!!!

Schplinky

[quote name='patchit']
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I have room 1663 and am very curious about that balcony. It appears to be wrap-a-round, but won't be surprised if it's not. Anyway, I love the room. And I also love the itinerary. After reading these boards I think I must be the only person around who has never been to St. Maarten, Tortola and Labadee! Since the itinerary will be new to me, I don't mind paying a little bit more for the SS![/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Patsy[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Patsy -- please, please, please take photos of that suite. I really, really wanted to book that exact suite, but just couldn't justify the $1100 pp increase from Concierge Class. I truly hope it does have a wrap-around veranda for you. That would be amazing.

[quote name='Host Andy']Hi Darren !

I requested it first thing this morning. I stayed on top of it ! :)[/QUOTE]

Hi Andy. I knew we could depend on you. Thanks. Oh, and by the way, you may want to remind your editor that there are FOUR Solstice Class on order, and a name for the third HAS been chosen. ;)

[quote name='darrencantwait']Patsy -- please, please, please take photos of that suite. I really, really wanted to book that exact suite, but just couldn't justify the $1100 pp increase from Concierge Class. I truly hope it does have a wrap-around veranda for you. That would be amazing.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]If only the sailing date wasn't so far away! But, I'll certainly post pictures when the time comes. [/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Patsy[/FONT]

We booked 1663 at nine this morning. I was going to book a CC but after the agent described the SS I could not turn it down. She said I could switch to a CC later if I wanted to. I do think all the cabins are super nice and everone is going to have a great time on this cruise. There are many people booking the Aqua class rooms.

Hi everyone,
I just booked an aqua spa room on 12-14-07 including taxes and port charges for 1510.42 a person. The CC1 cabins are 1330.52 pp, CC2 cabins are 1300.42 pp, sky suite 1 are 2550.42 pp, and sky suite 2 cabins are 2150.42 pp. The holiday sailing of December 21-28, 2008 the prices are CC1 2237.39 pp, Aqua 2437.39 pp, sky suite 2 4197.39 pp, and sky suite 1 is 4197.39. I also checked the prices for the same categories in January 2009, and the prices were within 30 dollars of the inaugural pricing. I don't know what I will be getting exactly in the aqua spa, but I figured new ship why not although we have always been happy with cc. Sky suites look nice but just a little too pricey right now. I think Celebrity should give everyone who books today a souvenir or extra on their sailing. It took 40 minutes to get through, but I'm sure it will be worth it.
Take care,
k.k.:D

Schplinky: I agree about cold feet and the many connecting aft cabins. I think (or hope) that maybe the PH deck ones, since the rest of the floor is either Aqua or CC generally, will retain some level of adultness.

We met on the Constellation last year--my partner and I were there with my sister and brother-in-law, you may remember. We are currently booked for a Constellation 10-day with two great aft cabins in January 09, but are now torn about whether to switch to the less-attractive 7 day on the Solstice. I did just check and we can get two non-connecting aft cabins on the Solstice for the week we want, so I'm in a pickle. (I'm the one of our group that is currently in charge of obsessing about this).

[quote name='billabell']Schplinky: I agree about cold feet and the many connecting aft cabins. I think (or hope) that maybe the PH deck ones, since the rest of the floor is either Aqua or CC generally, will retain some level of adultness.

We met on the Constellation last year--my partner and I were there with my sister and brother-in-law, you may remember. We are currently booked for a Constellation 10-day with two great aft cabins in January 09, but are now torn about whether to switch to the less-attractive 7 day on the Solstice. I did just check and we can get two non-connecting aft cabins on the Solstice for the week we want, so I'm in a pickle. (I'm the one of our group that is currently in charge of obsessing about this).[/quote]

I think I remember you. Were you the group that got up really early each day for poolside seats and you actually sat in them instead of leaving your towels and going back to bed? either that or yo were the couple from Chicago we met. i'm not sure which as both were traveling with family.

We're from DC and met your group having drinks and saw you by the pool. Josh loves the pool, and always wants to sit by the pool. He also hates people who hog chairs (but don't use them). If he could get hired as the pool hog police on a cruise ship, I think it would be his dream job. His solution--hang out by the pool all day and guard his seat by sitting in it.

[quote name='billabell']We're from DC and met your group having drinks and saw you by the pool. Josh loves the pool, and always wants to sit by the pool. He also hates people who hog chairs (but don't use them). If he could get hired as the pool hog police on a cruise ship, I think it would be his dream job. His solution--hang out by the pool all day and guard his seat by sitting in it.[/quote]

I remember you both very well, then. We thought your whole group was very nice and we regretted not chatting more. We love the pool but unlike Josh, we seem unable to sit still for that long. We don't hog chairs either so it meant that we were rarely so close to the centre of things as you when we sat by the pool!

Well, I hope you choose to come on Solstice. Feb 1 is a very reasonable date! :)

[quote name='kk99']Hi everyone,
I just booked an aqua spa room on 12-14-07 including taxes and port charges for 1510.42 a person. The CC1 cabins are 1330.52 pp, CC2 cabins are 1300.42 pp, sky suite 1 are 2550.42 pp, and sky suite 2 cabins are 2150.42 pp. The holiday sailing of December 21-28, 2008 the prices are CC1 2237.39 pp, Aqua 2437.39 pp, sky suite 2 4197.39 pp, and sky suite 1 is 4197.39. I also checked the prices for the same categories in January 2009, and the prices were within 30 dollars of the inaugural pricing. I don't know what I will be getting exactly in the aqua spa, but I figured new ship why not although we have always been happy with cc. Sky suites look nice but just a little too pricey right now. I think Celebrity should give everyone who books today a souvenir or extra on their sailing. It took 40 minutes to get through, but I'm sure it will be worth it.
Take care,
k.k.:D[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Hi k.k.:[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Are you sure about those pp prices for the sky suite? I am paying total for 2-$5334.78 which includes taxes on room #1663/S1 on the 3/29/09 sailing. Maybe I am not understanding your post, but would a holiday cruise be that much higher? I have never taken one so I really don't know.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I like your idea about the first day of booking souvenir! Someone from Celebrity should take note! ;) [/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Patsy[/FONT]

Hi Patsy,
I did confirm with my TA that the sky suite 2 price of 4197.39 and sky 1 price of 4697.39 for the holiday sailing of 12-21 through 12-28. It seems that they are charging about 900 dollars higher for the cc and aqua spa cabins and 2000 more for the sky suites. That certainly made the decision for me as to which to book. I do hope that Celebrity decides to adjust prices to be more in line for those who want a holiday sailing. Has anyone every been on a Celebrity inaugural? If so, what was anything extra special about it from the cruiseline? We just got back on the 11th from the Galaxy, and our family and friends (30 in all) had a blast. Hopefully, this trip will be as much fun.
Take care everyone,
k.k.

We're good to go--B2B on Feb 22 and Mar 1, my birthday. After much deck-plan checking we went for category CC2 (forward of midship but not at the very bow) because we prefer that location over many of the midship CC1 cabins, which are under the overhang created by the walkway on the pool (Resort?) deck. This is something we ecountered on QM2--and hated because it made it seem like there was an awning and no sun over our verandah. But, to each his own...

FYI the first segment will cost us $1190, the second is $1220 without taxes and insurance.

We were not attracted by Aqua class because we are NOT spa people (never been, never will go) and couldn't see spending $300 a person more for the priviledge of eating in Blu. For the poster who wrote that they feel so relaxed after a spa treatment and all, I get that way after a couple of margaritas at poolside on a hot & sunny day.:)

See y'all on Solstice.

We are in 9188, which on the deck plans is a 2C, but in real life a 1B, which is not on any plans I saw. Looked at 2 dates as follows:

4/12 - $1,517.39pp

3/29 - $1,377.39pp - Booked

Difference between the alphabets is about $30.00 pp as you move up and down which I think is fine.

I had a nice agent who took the time, but it did take a bit of time to get through, since I was on the road this morning it worked out perfectly to fill my hour+ drive. And yes, we too found the system crashed when the agent put in table details.

We've done aft, and CC, and small Suites. I'm pleased with this location on the ship and the pricing, so.... I think it's time to start a roll call thread!:)

You know the best prices for any cruise is either the week before Xmas or the week after New Years. But in this case the Dec 14 price is the inaugural sailing that this doesn't hold.

If I want to just experience the new ship, I'm not spending for a high-end price cabin, a nice plain veranda will do fine. Not sure yet if I want to book it. Luckily I don't have to fly to Florida, since I live in Miami. So I might just jump on it at anytime.

It looks like it's going to be a fabulous ship. But I'm going to wait till the dust settles a bit.

I knew this ship, if not all this class of ships, would do the Caribbean. They are sending more of their Millenium class over to Europe. This left the Caribbean open for them.

I'm on the Quest to test it out in October (first sailing) to see if I like it. They are offering some great itins in Europe on this class.

I'm glad to see Celebrity is branching out. It will take a few years for it all to settle down with their itineraries.

[quote name='tompeter']Schplinky, just had to say welcome back to Celebrity.
Have missed you since we're not RCCL fans. ;)

Did you ever write a review of your Liberty Inaugaral?

Tom[/quote]

I haven't, I admit. There is commentary in the pictures in my signature but to sum it up, we had a really great time.

Thanks for the welcome back. As I've likely already said [too much], our first Celebrity experience was underwhelming so the time between voyages and the excitement of a new ship and cabin class will really help to get us revved up for our Solstice/Aqua class voyage. When we went on Freedom, one of the best things about the roll call was the months before she was in the water, as RCL trickled out details. I'm looking forward to this experience in the same way, as RCL/X trickle out details on Solstice. Unlike our Freedom experience, I'm jumping in early so we don't pay more than we need to. On Freedom, I held out until they announced the flow-rider, which was really, really fun, even for a clumsy 40 year-old.

There are plenty of options for everyone's tastes. I enjoy new ships, so I am sure I will enjoy seeing this one as a first timer to it.

There are plenty of X cruisers who have never been on a larger ship and have an opinion about it, but I do think its best for them to let the dust settle and wait to hear the feedback from those who are willing to be out in front on the cutting edge.

I'll very much look forward to hearing about the ship and staff as it runs through its sailings before mine, and I have the opportunity to evaluate and decide all the while being booked in a cabin I am pleased with.

That's a win-win for me.:)

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]k.k.99;

Wow! I had no idea holiday cruises were so expensive. I've never been interested in one so never had a reason to check pricing before. Needless to say, if I had my heart set on cruising during the holidays, I sure would [I][U]not[/U][/I] be staying in a SS![/FONT]

Patsy:)

Hi all Solstice Cruisers,
booked on the Dez. 28 sailing and btb Jan. 4 th. Cat. 1A, Deck 9. Wouw that holiday cruise is a bit pricy, but wanna spend my birthday on board this new ship, so there is no chance to avoid it.
Way ahead, but already really excited. Can´t wait ot get more information about the new X- Baby.
Greetings
Michael

Booked this morning for the March 1st cruise. TA talked to 3 different people at Celebrity and got different prices for the same class of cabin on the same date. Hope final one correct. Dates we checked in Feb were cheeper the March except Presidents weekend higher.

Archived