I just booked Solstice!!!!

Schplinky

We're also booked on the 12/14 cruise and looking forward to more details on the ship. Booked a SS since I wanted a corner aft and since we've always used CC or FV (for the Panama this fall) that should be a nice change, I hope. I was tempted to try the Aqua class cabins but couldn't coax my husband away from the aft.

We booked Solstice for the Christmas sailing and paid 1799 for deluxe ocean view.... I need to start saving my lunch money now!

IS there a Christmas sailing? We booked the 14th of December. We wondered what was going on between the 21st and January 11.

We're also booked on the 12/14 cruise and looking forward to more details on the ship. Booked a SS since I wanted a corner aft and since we've always used CC or FV (for the Panama this fall) that should be a nice change, I hope. I was tempted to try the Aqua class cabins but couldn't coax my husband away from the aft.

Hi Evoni,

We are neighbors from Silicon Valley. We love aft cabins too but are mid-ships this time.

Hey there -- we're booked for March 1 in Concierge Class on Penthouse Deck 11 (Aqua deck). We finally got an aft stateroom. Not sure if it will be as exciting at the M-class since the verandas don't appear to really be any bigger. But, we'll give it a try.

Our CC1 stateroom was $1409. I inquired about Sky Suites: $2579. That was out of the cards for me.

I do have to say...it took 30 minutes to book!!! Booking over the phone is terribly annoying. If I can book online in 5 minutes...what in the world takes their system so much longer? And yes, their computer crashed when they tried to assign my table choice too.

We can't view our reservations online yet, because X hasn't added Solstice to the list of ship choices that you need to enter with your booking number to manage your reservation.

I see CruiseCritic was smart enough to get Solstice up for Roll Calls. Nice job!

Andy -- they have two holiday sailings posted.

I do have to say...it took 30 minutes to book!!! Booking over the phone is terribly annoying.

Was on the phone less than 10 minutes, suprisingly painless. Agent had it together(!), although I did request specific cabin # and it was available.

Didn't ask any questions on other cat. pricing.:)

The frenzy definately got to me!

Seriously, my partner has no idea that I booked this - I guess I have until December 2008 to break it to him!:p I just couldn't resist - the ports are ones we like, the ship (from what little is available) appears as though it will be amazing and we would get away from the Chicago Winter for a week.

hi all i just booked 2-15(presidents week) our last for that vacation week as jeanne retires in june 09 i booked an aft cabin on penthouse a cc price was 1687pp the aqua class was 1887 per though we would enjoy aqua class for the restaurant, we have enjoyed the aft cabins a lot so we went with that as they ae more scarce, i guess i could switch it to aqua class once cruise critic reviews start coming in and it seems like switching would be a good option the rep at captains club was very helpful, patient, and also could not figure out how to get the deck plan screen from scrolling while looking at it:)

I see CruiseCritic was smart enough to get Solstice up for Roll Calls. Nice job!

Hi Darren !

I requested it first thing this morning. I stayed on top of it ! :)

HI,

What excitement....we've decided to wait - are considering a March 15 sailing for our anniversary and will be excitedly watching prices and looking for early reviews as we decide. Might decide on cabin type and book in anticipation of switching as the week goes along. Keep the info coming!

Does anyone know if Celebrity will be publishing their prices on their web site? I like to look at them before I choose which cruise and which cabin.

I think they'll post them around July 4, when the pre-sale ends. If you post what week you're thinking of, someone might have asked, for instance, we're going Feb 1 and Aqua class was $1600 each (total incl. tax), CC was 1425 and balcony was about $1250.

Hey Badger-

Looks like we will be right there with you - we booked 1674. All of the aft facing CC's on the other decks appear to be connecting rooms - something we try to avoid when possible.

Only 20 months to go before we sail!!!!

[quote name='ORDPLATAA']Hey Badger-

Looks like we will be right there with you - we booked 1674. [B]All of the aft facing CC's on the other decks appear to be connecting rooms - something we try to avoid when possible.[/B]

[/quote]

I noticed that and was surprised, as I would not book these cabins and I love Aft cabins the best. Also, most of them are quads, another surprise and not a good one. One of the nice things about aft cabins on most ships is that they are double occupancy only. That keeps it pretty quiet back there.:)

[quote name='ORDPLATAA']Hey Badger-

Looks like we will be right there with you - we booked 1674. All of the aft facing CC's on the other decks appear to be connecting rooms - something we try to avoid when possible.

Only 20 months to go before we sail!!!![/quote]

Hi ORDPLATAA :)

Your screen name intrigues me. Am I correct in assuming ORD stands for O'Hare airport, PLAT stands for pilot and AA stands for American Airlines?

[quote name='caviargal']I noticed that and was surprised, as I would not book these cabins and I love Aft cabins the best. Also, most of them are quads, another surprise and not a good one. One of the nice things about aft cabins on most ships is that they are double occupancy only. That keeps it pretty quiet back there.:)[/quote]

That was exactly my thought (I'm agreeing with you a lot today). I would only have wanted CC if it was aft and then saw all of those 3 and 4 capacity rooms and got cold feet!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I am booked on the 3/29/09 sailing. The agent was very helpful and patient and even looked up my CC # since I am at work and didn't have it with me. I was on the phone for a total of 37 minutes including the time I was on hold--not too bad, I think. [/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I have room 1663 and am very curious about that balcony. It appears to be wrap-a-round, but won't be surprised if it's not. Anyway, I love the room. And I also love the itinerary. After reading these boards I think I must be the only person around who has never been to St. Maarten, Tortola and Labadee! Since the itinerary will be new to me, I don't mind paying a little bit more for the SS![/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Patsy[/FONT]

Hi Sky Sweet - close on the nickname. ORD = O'Hare, PLAT = Platinum Level in the American AAdvantage program and AA = American Airlines (ORD+PLAT+AA). It is actually the handle I use on Flyertalk.com (yes, I love flying as much as I like being on ships!).

Patchit-

I really really wanted to book one of the aft S1's but the price was just out of our league on the Feb 15th sailing. It does look like a wraparound balcony (it would be very cool if it had a wall of glass on that side).

I think we will be fine with our C1 aft.

Archived