Miami Hotels

Amy1118

The Miami Embassy Suite is a nice hotel but don't think you can walk from it anywhere. It is basically in a lot corner and one side has a railroad and the other side has a expressway bypass (there is a lot of contruction going on in that area now as they are inproving the bypass). It is right outside the airport , you can probably see the head of one of the runway from most of the rooms that face that way. If you are just going to stay in the hotel or you will have a car to go somewhere else then it is fine considering the free breakfast and drinks but I will advice you not to walk around that area at night.

As far as Miami Beach, there are so many nice hotels there but If you want to taste the south beach area go to the South Beach Marriott. Lowes has also a nice hotel farther north. :)

Your price mentioned for the Intercontential said:

It's $152.00 for one night, single at the Intercontinental including transfers. The Hyatt Regency is 131.00 and the Wyndham Grand Bay is 183.00

How did you get the transfers? Through RCI or the hotel or something else?

Is transfers from airport to hotel, and from hotel to port?

Angie

Through RCI. The transfers from the hotel to the pier are included in the hotel cost. If you use RCI air, they are also included from the airport to the hotel.

I've got to leave now. I'll check in on the roll call thread this evening or tomorrow.

Amy

Hi All!

Yes, this is our first RCI cruise and we can't wait- have sailed with Carnival and most recently (last Nov.) Celebrity. We'll be on the Radiance with friends of ours so we should have lots of fun!

Just got Hyatt for $52 a night for 10/30/04 and 10/31/04 (before our cruise). I thought that was pretty good considering it is a weekend. It looks like the metromover is easy to catch from there and stops a block from the Bayside Marketplace!

How did you get it so cheap? Thru the hotel or price line? We are cruising Oct 9th on Navigator and need to get a hotel the night before in Miami. We are flying into Fort Lauderdale on the 8th and getting somehow to Miami. A friend booked at the Courtyard by Marriott and it was $79 a night. Is that close enough to the pier? Sooo confused. First time cruisers here.

I booked a room @ the Hyatt for Sunday, 9/5 for $55 or so (taxes included) using Priceline for a pre-cruise stay before we leave on the Majesty on Monday the 6th for my first cruise (p.s. Frances - GO AWAY! :mad: )

There are no transfers or shuttles available from the Hyatt to/from the airport and pier, but taxis are plentiful and the rates are zone-guided (I believe it's about $25 from the airport to the hotel, and about $10 from the hotel to the pier). I've got a transfer for our rides from the pier to the airport post-cruise.

I've read mostly good things about the Hyatt. 2 most mentioned things other folks didn't care for:

1. I guess it's about a mile walk to Bayside, which might be tough on a hot day, and supposedly not the best area to walk around after dark, but a quick public transportation or cab ride.

2. Folks who have had a room on one side of the hotel (sorry, not sure which) have mentioned they are near a drawbridge, whose signal horn does not know how to read a clock and goes off at any hour. Myself, I dont think that'll bug me ;)

If you put in a bid on Priceline on a Miami 3 star downtown hotel, you usually get either the Hyatt, Holiday Inn, or 1 or 2 others which are a little closer to Bayside. I guess it would depend on what kind of events are going on that time of year (sporting events, conventions, etc.) as to whether or not you get a good rate. One other thing - when you accept the price on Priceline, your credit card is charged right then, and no refunds if you cancel, etc.

Hope that helps :) and Enjoy Your Cruise! :D

Frank

zkjmom: Yes, we booked it on Priceline. First time I have ever used Priceline! I was a little scared but after reading the good deals people were getting for Miami, I decided to try it. I found a couple of ways to get to South Beach from near the hotel, using public transportation, so that will be nice to save money. Don't plan on being out after dark in case the transportation is a little scary at night, like it is here in Flint, MI.

We're going to stay at the Holiday Inn-Bayside before our Brilliance cruise next March . Will go to the shops &/ or take a Miami sightseeing boat for the afternoon & then have dinner pre-cruise with friends from cc. Does anyone know what the pool is like at this hotel & what about a breakfeast coffee shop ?? Is it an OK neighborhood maybe to walk to buy soda & film? Need to kill some time before going over to board.

• 4 weeks later...

zkjmom,

The courtyard is across the road from the Hyatt. (The road is an expressway exit - but there is a light) We stayed at the courtyard using Marriott points last year and will be doin the same thing again this march as I was unable to get a decent price on Priceline at this point.

The courtyard is within walking distance of Bayside. There is a coffee shop catty corner from the courtyard. Walgreens is a few blocks away and also there is a Starbucks coffe shop across from Walgreens. We found it to be a nice place to stay downtown. Our room overlooked the port so we woke to see the ships all lined up. Construction on a vacant lot in front of the courtyard could block the view - would probably block the view from the Hyatt as well.

Archived