pre cruise hotel stay for Mariner cocoa beach port area

There is a HUGE thread in East Coast Departures called "I work in Port Canaveral". The favorites seem to be the Radisson and Country Inn and Suites which you can get online for about $89. Radisson has a awesome pool. Country Inn is new about a year ago.

We stayed at the Oceanside Inn..a non-brand hotel which is right on Cocoa Beach next to the pier. We were leary to stray from the brand hotels but forund a $59 SPECIAL on http://www.visitflorida.com ( 1 year ago) so we thought we would try it. Were very pleasantly surprised. It was lovely, had a nice pool and was right on the beach. There were other cruisers staying there too. We even returned for a post-cruise night as well.

We stayed at the Best Western Oceanfront Resort in Cocoa Beach before our cruise last month. It is less than a minute walk to the beach and about two minutes walk to the Cocoa Beach Pier. It wasn't a luxury hotel but it was clean, quiet and the price was right. I would stay there again.

We are staying at the Residence Inn, but we are using Marriott points for that trip.

We stayed at the Residence Inn last weekend and it was great. Newer, very clean. They offer a 2 bedroom/2 bath suite which worked really well for our family with 3 teens. Nice pool with towel service, and a poolside bar (bar service until 10:00 p.m.) with a covered patio area with tables. It was a nice place to meet up with our friends as they were arriving at the hotel for the night.

We will definitely stay there again.

Holiday Inn - right across the street from the Cocoa Beach Pier. We traveled in September and only paid $79/night but that was 3 years ago. This HI is not the same as the HI Oceanfront.

I've already made reservations for next year at the Days Inn ($89/night).

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites this past April and will do so again in February when we sail Mariner...Later, Jill:cool:

Jill,

Do you remember if they had a buffet breakfast or just continental?

Also, was the pool area really nice? Did they have a hot tub?

Oh, one more thing, it is interior or exterior corridors?

Thanks!

Holly

Thank you all.

yesterday I booked the Marriott Residence Inn Cape Canaveral on Astronaut Blvd.

Was able to use my Marriott Reward Points so staying free and free breakfast for all of us.

Thanks again so much

Now it's going to be a long wait til sail date.

Marcy

We just stayed at the Country Inn and Suites. It had interior corridors, a microwave and fridge, and a pretty nice pool. I think the breakfast was continental. My MIL brought me a few pre-packaged muffins. We paid $99 a night using their internet deal. On their website, they show a stay and cruise package for $125, where they will shuttle you to the port. When we arrived I asked at the front desk about shuttle service and she let us pay $4 per person for a round-trip shuttle to the port and gave us parking passes to leave our car. They even held onto my favorite pillow for a week that I left in the room.

Radisson at the port, do a net search for this, the rate is $99 if you pre book, the pool and grounds are better than the photos, we're doing it again 6 months later it was so wonderful. Free parking and free shuttle to the pier

Archived